RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Kawi

42 minutes ago, Midget said:

Oscar Wilde and Carmen.......you were on first name terms with most of the residents if my memory serves me correctly.

Funny how we all grew up to be quite normal despite the debauched bacchnalian hedonism.

True, but one could say it was a well rounded grounding. 

I do love Ocsar!

Only the other day when coming through Customs I was asked; Do you have anything else to declare? 

I was so tempted to do an Oscar Wilde and announce; Only my geniusness, but I didn't think that the spotty faced young Customs person would have understood my humor and I would rather have gone straight home, than be detained!

I thought Kawi's performance was huge, in fact i would go so far as to say it was his greatest win. Also thought Leith's ride was equally as impressive. After finding himself 3 wide with the horse pulling its block off, he didn't panic. He had 3 choice's in my mind, go back, go forward, or do as he did, settle the horse, get into a rhythm, stay out of trouble, and the rest is history. Ten out of ten for me, for the ride and horse.

43 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

If he has a wind problem or a wind op maybe they are wise NOT to try him over 2000m ...i think that makes more sense.:rolleyes:

I tend to agree Scooby.

He also had a tough run on Saturday and has to back up in two weeks time over 2000m. If there is no pace in the race then he will more than likely want to over race and pull, again not a good thing for a horse with a wind problem.

Of the three legs of the Triple Crown, the Livamol is the one that he is most vulnerable in my opinion and I believe Allan has made the right decision in bypassing the race in heading for the 1600m and 1800m races in Perth.    

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

I think its a very smart move too.. big prize money on offer over there and sure to get a good track...he would be hard to beat if he travelled well and settled in well.:)

If, if.

2 hours ago, Shad said:

True or maybe 3 tough runs is too much to ask of him, good call from owners, trainer, looking at the bigger picture which is a wise move, easy to get caught in all excitement.

In one comment you say its because they didn't want to basically embarrass the opposition that he did not run, then you come up with this...I don't think you really have any idea on the real reason...I think that 1600m and 1800M after a break is a good call,still no good thing as many things need to go right but a good option to go there in Ozzie as opposed to Melbourne.

Rasa Lila new Classic favourite

Rasa Lila now heads the betting for the final leg of the Triple Crown series at Hastings, the Gr.1 Livamol Classic.

She has been promoted to $3.80 favouritism following confirmation from Kawi’s trainer Allan Sharrock that Saturday’s Gr.1 Windsor Park Plate winner will bypass the event.

“I think it’s taken its toll. It was a very hard run – physically in the birdcage afterwards he knew he’d had a race,” Sharrock said.

“That’s why we’ve withdrawn from the Livamol and we’ll look at other options. I’ll give him a week off and then we’ll assess things from there.” 

Rasa Lila finished third when resuming in Saturday’s Group One contest.

8 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

In one comment you say its because they didn't want to basically embarrass the opposition that he did not run, then you come up with this...I don't think you really have any idea on the real reason...I think that 1600m and 1800M after a break is a good call,still no good thing as many things need to go right but a good option to go there in Ozzie as opposed to Melbourne.

tell that to hes remarkable owners

On 9/18/2016 at 7:30 PM, Insider said:

Your question put a smile on my face! 

Those were the days!

Everyone of importance was there including you. 

People of today really wouldn't understand how grear the parties were.

Jeez.

In response to the simple comment from Pete to myself which drew comments, is this where I ask "do you two want a room, or should we rent the pub"?

How the hell did I end up in this thread from Irish's posting above?

Possibly you were all at those fantastic Wellington parties, but I don't think so!

Private email/message me if you were and we will organise a reunion to blow all reunions out of the water. 

It will be on the Friday Night of Oaks Day. 

Sadly we will have to find a new venue as the Royal Oaks is gone!

33 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Seemed a little disappointing first up today...and seemed very fractious leaving the parade ring..

The run was tidy scoob, 1.21.2 /34 hitting the line.Next up written all over it:)... suliman... kick Craig Grylls off over ground and get the chocolates,like Mongolian legend two stayers for the future , 17-1 derby too 3 worth a few multis :)

I'm up for a party at Oaks time, let's have solo mothers, convertible cars, thugs, drag queens, champagne, tequila, some nice folk from "the city" in pin striped suits, and lots of class A, B & C drugs, like the old days Liz.

As for Kawi, he should be sponsored by Fonterra because he drinks milk.

25 minutes ago, Gruff said:

The run was tidy scoob, 1.21.2 /34 hitting the line.Next up written all over it:)... suliman... kick Craig Grylls off over ground and get the chocolates,like Mongolian legend two stayers for the future , 17-1 derby too 3 worth a few multis :)

Tidy... maybe he has reached his level...very good horse.... not quite a top horse.

In order; yes a party, no solo mothers because you are too old. All the rest are in except for the thugs and the a,b and c class drugs. I have moved onto first growth French Wines as my fix, so it should be a hell of a go. The pinstriped suits of Wellington should be be able to bring more than their quota of the really good stuff- wine. 

Kawi, a very poor bet today considering he had to get back from half way around the world, spell, freshen, and get back to maximum fitness. I couldn't believe the betting. I really Started Wondering!

51 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Tidy... maybe he has reached his level...very good horse.... not quite a top horse.

Interesting scoob,one of those animals that needs the perfect ride but so capable.like super impose in the cox at  26-1 ...time and place big fella