RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Kawi

4 hours ago, Midget said:

Not sure the connections of Rasa Lila would agree about that, but congrats to the connections of Quade Cooper anyway :)

Keep Rasa Lila up your sleeve...but mate I always thought after finally settling Leith had it under control...all but nervously, still had a bit in hand .Top ride...Top rider.

1 hour ago, MiDeBo Racing said:

Myself i couldn't say it was a good ride

Winning rides are good rides.  As Banjo Paterson wrote a long time ago:

The rule holds good in everything in life's uncertain fight;
You'll find the winner can't go wrong, the loser can't go right.
You ride a slashing race, and lose -- by one and all you're banned!
Ride like a bag of flour, and win -- they'll cheer you in the Stand.

15 minutes ago, porky said:

Keep Rasa Lila up your sleeve...but mate I always thought after finally settling Leith had it under control...all but nervously, still had a bit in hand .Top ride...Top rider.

We must have watched a different race... no way it was a top ride... A good horse got him there...:rolleyes:..any normal horse would have lay down.

9 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

We must have watched a different race... no way it was a top ride... A good horse got him there...:rolleyes:..any normal horse would have lay down.

there will be alot of debate but im sick of debate around kawi and leith... wide draw ,pulled, couldn,t get in,

so leith let him settle wide but improved to be not so wide from memory...improved and had the last laugh... correct me were i,m wrong.

6 minutes ago, hesi said:

Agree, crap ride, only Kawi's toughness got him across the line first.............and some pretty sub-standard G1 opposition.

If it keeps going south for Xtravagant in Aus, they would be wishing they left the horse in the Makfi and Windsor.

That punter that had 40K on Kawi, will probably need the winnings for heart bypass surgery

What should he have done then?  Go forward or go back?

55 minutes ago, porky said:

F*** you lot...face it....we aint got any sunlines around the traps at the mo...go to oz and watch winx

Oh go take your bat and ball and go home...no one said anything about the horse.... the horse was brave but for you to say it was a good ride is just nonsense...now stop swearing and play fairly in our sandpit...LOL.

3 minutes ago, Shad said:

Good win, no excuses for the ones behind him, lets face it he is just to good for the opposition we have here, will have to go to australia to find sum competition, congratulations to owners and trainer, just maybe thats why he talks him up, good on them.

He won by how far...a nose or a head.... I agree he is one of the best in NZ... not so sure the rest in NZ are up to top races in OZ...Allan has placed him well... JMO

5 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

He won by how far...a nose or a head.... I agree he is one of the best in NZ... not so sure the rest in NZ are up to top races in OZ...Allan has placed him well... JMO

Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaase scoobs....I was a non believer....owe the mates (cpl doz.) by xmas if Addictive Habit

cant make a miracle recovery from tendon injury, and out-do Kawis prizemoney...

I now have resigned myself to the fact i,m a long-shot at best and Kawi is a good horse and Leith,s always been a good jock anyway! 

9 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Agreed, but doesn't matter how much you win by, more so how you win, and he done it tough. Made the others look like a poor bunch.

Guest 2Admin2
13 minutes ago, Shad said:

Agreed, but doesn't matter how much you win by, more so how you win, and he done it tough. Made the others look like a poor bunch.

Aside from Rasa Lila and Mime perhaps the rest are a poor bunch.  I don't think he is up to Aussie Metrop standard.

I thought Innis rode a very heady race. Once he found himself trapped wide ( unintentionally ), which can happen, he relaxed the horse, just as the top riders in the UK do and just kept the horse balanced. An inexperienced jock would probably have either scrubbed the horses ears off to get to the front or choked him to death back to rear of the field. Good ride.

6 hours ago, Trump said:

I thought Innis rode a very heady race. Once he found himself trapped wide ( unintentionally ), which can happen, he relaxed the horse, just as the top riders in the UK do and just kept the horse balanced. An inexperienced jock would probably have either scrubbed the horses ears off to get to the front or choked him to death back to rear of the field. Good ride.

Sharrock commented after the race he wasn't happy with the ride "But i'm in the stand he's on the horse he got the job done "

2 hours ago, Grant R said:

Sharrock commented after the race he wasn't happy with the ride "But i'm in the stand he's on the horse he got the job done "

Yeah, I thought a stupid comment at the time. As Trump said above, once he got caught in "no mans land", he did the right thing and looked after the horse the best he could until the real pressure had to be applied. Even then he only asked for the extreme effort at the death. Perfect timing. 

Disclosure: Generally speaking I am not a Innes fan,as he misses the start far too often. 

13 minutes ago, Insider said:

Yeah, I thought a stupid comment at the time. As Trump said above, once he got caught in "no mans land", he did the right thing and looked after the horse the best he could until the real pressure had to be applied. Even then he only asked for the extreme effort at the death. Perfect timing. 

Disclosure: Generally speaking I am not a Innes fan,as he misses the start far too often. 

Ouch !! 

He's as good as we've got and unquestionably the best when the $$$$ is on. 

His only fault is that he does tend to lean all over the opposition and 'shave' them as he slides past, but the solution to that is to put him on yours then you're not copping it !! :)

1 hour ago, Midget said:

Ouch !! 

He's as good as we've got and unquestionably the best when the $$$$ is on. 

His only fault is that he does tend to lean all over the opposition and 'shave' them as he slides past, but the solution to that is to put him on yours then you're not copping it !! :)

Very reasoned, but I still think that's it's the residents of Clarks Beach sticking together! By the way, who is the Mayor  and who is the Deputy? You or him? Which way around?

1 minute ago, Midget said:

Are you still the " mare " of the Royal Oak ??

Your question put a smile on my face! 

Those were the days!

Everyone of importance was there including you. 

People of today really wouldn't understand how grear the parties were.