RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Kawi

Hurt his cannon bone did he ?

Last year it was " hurt his feelings " every second start ( apparently he reads the internutter sites like this one).

Next it'll be a runny nose....... he needs to be fed some wet cement FFS, too many column inches, too much hot air, .......just get on and do it Kawi....

3 minutes ago, MiDeBo Racing said:

Or maybe he is just a horse that has a few issues. Didn't see too many better than him going around last season

Well for about the last three years we have been hearing what a deadset champion he is and how they are going to head to Aussie but nothing has ever eventuated.  He does have a champion trainer to be fair who is (obviously) a good judge but at some point one has to begin to doubt the bona fides of the claims made abut him in the media.  He is six now isn't he so time is running out if he is as good as is claimed.  This is his year surely and Winx and co will be waiting for him at Caulfield and Moonee Valley.

Just now, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

Well for about the last three years we have been hearing what a deadset champion he is and how they are going to head to Aussie but nothing has ever eventuated.  He does have a champion trainer to be fair who is (obviously) a good judge but at some point one has to begin to doubt the bona fides of the claims made abut him in the media.  He is six now isn't he so time is running out if he is as good as is claimed.  This is his year surely and Winx and co will be waiting for him at Caulfield and Moonee Valley.

Agree that this season is going to be the acid test for him. Looking forward to watching him step up to the challange though

1 hour ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

I will qualify that by saying that I will enjoy it as much as anyone if he boots those Aussie 'a#*#s in the Underwood the Caulfield Stakes and/or the Cox Plate.  So good luck to his connections if they do get there

He's not even nominated for the Cox Plate, so mustn't think it's in connections thoughts or maybe don't think he's up to that level, in past has being going for Australian Cups/Doomben Cups/Sydney campaigns but nothing has eventuated, no shame on saying you want to focus on $200,000 NZ races

Is he going to be right for the Makfi?, currently joint 2nd favourite at $6

Surely you are being a bit harsh, almost a tall poppy situation. He looks like a decent type of horse to me and clearly superior to most of those he is racing against. Obviously not a Bonecrusher, but clearly talented. And I don't think the connections have hyped him up as much as a couple of others I can remember from last season. We should be pleased to have some classy types about the place.

2 hours ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

............ Winx and co will be waiting for him at Caulfield and Moonee Valley.

They surewill Tom. Winx will be waiting for him to catch up. Not quite up to her methinks.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

They surewill Tom. Winx will be waiting for him to catch up. Not quite up to her methinks.

Winx has won nearly 7 million in stakes, Kawi just under 700 thousand.  Kawi is obviously a good horse and anybody would be happy to have a Kawi, but he's not in the same class as Winx.  The bookies owe Kawi a few peppermints, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, kakama said:

Yes, you are correct, a very nice horse indeed. Don't worry about the couple of knockers, they only bag the same horses and trainers.....never their mates.

Ok Kakama if you think he is that good what about a wager if he does get to Aussie and meets Winx? $500 head to head suit you?  Needless to say I will have Winx.

I didn't bag the trainer(In fact described him as a champion)just said that the horse has had plenty of hype and talk about going to Aus but to date no action on that score

2 hours ago, kakama said:

Yes, you are correct, a very nice horse indeed. Don't worry about the couple of knockers, they only bag the same horses and trainers.....never their mates.

You really are becoming a troll... why you always need to get personal is beyond me... I agree the horse is a nice horse in NZ but still not proven as a superstar despite the hype around...having said that I would not mind one as decent as him.

8 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

You really are becoming a troll... why you always need to get personal is beyond me... I agree the horse is a nice horse in NZ but still not proven as a superstar despite the hype around...having said that I would not mind one as decent as him.

I thought he had already succeeded on that front.

4 hours ago, Shad said:

Cant help but wonder if most of the hype is from the media, who really cares ,but i know i wouldn't mind him in my back yard, so lets just wish him luck and watch it unfold, certainly be an honor to get in these top class races.

I think you will find that Sharrock has been the one labelling him 'probably the best I've had'  , Sharrock is a great trainer and has had a lot of very good horses that have done the job At a top level in NZ and Australia. 

But to really be classed in that type of category and the hype he has, he needs to do the job in Aussie as well

I understand they will target the Mackinnon if he goes to Aus (subject to performing well at Hastings). I don't think Mooney V would suit him anyway. I imagine the Emirates now it is a week b4 the MacK could be a possibility also

Is he good enough to win G1 in Melb spring? I don't know but he'd be v competitive at his best.

Gunna be an interesting Makfi next week.

Most trainers fit into one of three category's. There is the Waterhouse approach - just talk everything up, the Dummy approach - talk everything down and then those in the middle who by in large just give an honest opinion. A majority of the NZ media fit into the Waterhouse approach and hype anything till it drives you nuts, a majority of the aussie media just report it as it is.

Either way, what you read or hear in the media is just part of the puzzle that we all have to digest, along with form lines, jockeys, fitness levels, sectionals, track conditions etc when we assess a horses chances and/or ability. If you want to just rely on what the jockey, trainer or media has to say just remember one thing - they are all the worst tipsters!

Sharrock has always come across as a bit of a loudmouth who rates every horse he has, Kawi is no doubt a very good horse and has said for a while now he is going to cross the Tasman and take on the Aussies, it's yet to happen and I doubt it ever will, some talk the talk, others walk the walk.

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Sharrock has always come across as a bit of a loudmouth who rates every horse he has, Kawi is no doubt a very good horse and has said for a while now he is going to cross the Tasman and take on the Aussies, it's yet to happen and I doubt it ever will, some talk the talk, others walk the walk.

Now its trainers too is it????

Interesting comments. I would think that a horse like Kawi would be well suited to the Mackinnon. Very few actually target it, and it is usually an afterthought after the Cox or some handicappers getting set for the Melb Cup.

Not too sure about Australian media "telling it like it is". Australian's are obsessed with favourites and aren't actually all that bright to be honest and just back the hot pot.

Never let anyone tell you how clever Australian punters are. Less clued up than NZer's from my experience.

On 8/17/2016 at 8:24 PM, Blue said:

It does appear that a great many Australian horses are also trying to keep up with Winx.