RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

The Historic Games

Isn't it amazing (sorry HRNZ) - all the "Historic" moments in Rio.     Every time you turn on the Radio or Tele the commentators tell you that "History has been created" almost every time there is a final.     Sorry, I'm being facetious but really it's getting to the stage of being annoying.

And while on the subject of commentators, aren't the Pommie brigade a bunch of pompous old farts!! 

Eljay, it should be called the Cynical Games. Listening to Radio Sport today it became apparent that many commentators including international ones believe Drugs are still fuelling results. Nothing has changed, the Chemists just keep getting better .

And yet for pure drama what a day in the main stadium yesterday.

Sport at it's finest in terms of theatre, anticipation and awe inspiring performance.

I can suspend my distaste at drug cheats and all that comes with it to at least enjoy the moment.

The field events have been outstanding theatre. 

Womens shot - Clutch Cargo wins it with second last throw and breaks our hearts.

Men Discus - German, Harting wins it with 2nd last throw and breaks Polish hearts.

Mens Long Jump - Lead continually changes hands. Last jump, the Yank thinks he's won it, but replays show he dragged a finger tip through the sand and he loses 50cm.

Woman's Hammer - Big Bertha from some East European country booms out a world record 82 plus meters (that's a bloody long way)

Mens Pole Vault - Brazilian gets up to delight of home crowd.

And so on and so on.

My highlight is Van Neikerks ,400 mtr run from the blind alley. That was low flying. I thought Johnsons World record would last a lot longer,but for him to obliterate it by that margin was something else. With nothing to gauge his pace on he just went hammer down and kept it up, brilliant.

1 hour ago, globederby12 said:

My highlight is Van Neikerks ,400 mtr run from the blind alley. That was low flying. I thought Johnsons World record would last a lot longer,but for him to obliterate it by that margin was something else. With nothing to gauge his pace on he just went hammer down and kept it up, brilliant.

He looked like Sunline when she won the Cox Plate by 7 lengths.