RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Congratulations Zane Robertson

Zane Robertson finished 12th place in the 10,000m at the Rio Olympics in 27:33:67 smashing Dick Quax's NZ record of 27:41:95 set in London in 1977. Sensational run Zane!!!

This now gives him the following NZ records 10,000m on the track, 10k on the road 28:04 shared jointly with Jonathan Wyatt, 15k 42:17, 20k 56:40 and Half-marathon 59:47. 

Most people probably will not have much knowledge of his achievements but those records must rank Zane as one of our best distance athletes of all time.    

Yes he has the records but hardly a household name in NZ ,having lived overseas for some time.

its a hard list to make...one of best.....cos even his Bronze at Commonwealth could be bettered by a list including Halberg,Quax,Dixon,Dick Taylor,Mikke Ryan, Dr Peter Welsh,Savidan,Iron Bill Baillie,BMagee,Jack Foster,Dave McKenzie,,NScott,Euan Robertson.

im sure that list of amateurs could have excelled in today's pro world.

id even throw in my neighbours Phil Costley and Pat Sidon !

Maybe if we step up our immigration for Kenyans,Ethiopians,ans Somalians we might be able to compete at distance running. White boys cant run distance,and while Zane,s effort was meritorious it was hardly world class in the context of the finishing times. I think Mo,s training partner did a really noble thing by tripping him up and then dropping back to see if he was ok,oddest thing I have seen for some time.

Mo Farrah is a sensational athlete,the 5000 must be his surely.