RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

Hmmmmmmmmm.... Rio 2016 odds

Just doing a bit of scouting around the Olympic odds and came across this game. I'm quite amazed at the odds set for this game and how stacked they are in the bookies favour. Obviously helpdesk is closed now so you cannot "quote others" and will only be open 30 minutes before kick off. I think whoever set these odds needs to do some explaining. Thoughts?

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hmmmm yeah - the correct score market is around 160% which is poor in itself, but based on their own odds for the over/under market the correct result is unlikely to be quoted (given over 9.5 goals is $1.65 and the only score quoted that has over 9.5 goals is the 5-5 Tie at $251).  Or maybe the $2.15 for under 9.5 goals is a great bet?

On the plus side ive just made a nice return on Fiji 7's match against AB's. TAB offered Fiji 1.40 H to H pre start which on paper looked far too much and lengthened them to 1.65 when NZ went ahead. Great stuff if you looked at the form of the 2 teams. Expect lots of retirements from NZ including DJ for starters, you have to wonder how long the coach will stay around for as well. Time for a change perhaps?

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

On the plus side ive just made a nice return on Fiji 7's match against AB's. TAB offered Fiji 1.40 H to H pre start which on paper looked far too much and lengthened them to 1.65 when NZ went ahead. Great stuff if you looked at the form of the 2 teams. Expect lots of retirements from NZ including DJ for starters, you have to wonder how long the coach will stay around for as well. Time for a change perhaps?

It's a bit more complicated than "time for a change" of Coach Newmarket. The first change to make is ensuring the NZ 7's team are never again referred to as "The All Blacks".

Then, if we're serious, we need to be accurately identifying the type of player we want for 7's. I don't think this is necessarily an All Black (although Ardie Savea and Beauden Barrett would have helped out there today??). Then we base them all, full time, at the Rugby Institute in Palmerston North. That's what the other countries have done.

3 hours ago, Uriah Heap said:

It's a bit more complicated than "time for a change" of Coach Newmarket. The first change to make is ensuring the NZ 7's team are never again referred to as "The All Blacks".

Then, if we're serious, we need to be accurately identifying the type of player we want for 7's. I don't think this is necessarily an All Black (although Ardie Savea and Beauden Barrett would have helped out there today??). Then we base them all, full time, at the Rugby Institute in Palmerston North. That's what the other countries have done.

Its not that complicated as i see it. NZ rugby struggles at times with the professional game and accountability. Look at the the Crusaders. Blackadder has 8 years in the job for no wins despite having nearly a whole AB team at his disposal for many matches. Compare that with the Blues who have removed coaches if they have not produced the goods. Different strokes for different blokes but im on the side of the Blues board on this one.

The current 7's coach has done a lot for the game, won many titles, been knighted but methinks its time for an infusion of new blood to lift us back to the top of the tree as we have been slowly going downhill for the last few seasons.

I heard a bloke on Radio Sport yesterday suggesting the 7's players get identified and have a pathway through Touch Rugby. He made this suggestion because in his view the 15's pathway was already set in stone (College - NPC - Super - All Blacks) and we don't want to disrupt that.

I thought this was quite good lateral thinking and the type of thing we need to be doing when reviewing 7's and planning for future.

PS - Good on the Fijians. - GOLD

20 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Look at the the Crusaders. Blackadder has 8 years in the job for no wins despite having nearly a whole AB team at his disposal for many matches. Compare that with the Blues who have removed coaches if they have not produced the goods. Different strokes for different blokes but im on the side of the Blues board on this one.

Bit of a different comparison in my opinion. The blues have been miserable for all bar one of those years, the Crusaders have made the finals every year bar one and lost two grand finals.   

2 hours ago, tonkatime said:

Bit of a different comparison in my opinion. The blues have been miserable for all bar one of those years, the Crusaders have made the finals every year bar one and lost two grand finals.   

Interesting interpretation of my earlier post. For example Crusaders were not finalists this year or last and thus the Grand point is over the top IMHO.

Congrats to Fiji, they were the best in this event and won accordingly.