RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fostermd

Oh Romeo

Did anyone see this horse on debut at Ashburton. 

How impressive!!!!!!

Granted it didn't beat anything of note.

It smashed them. Won in a canter and Terry Moseley has said it's the best he's ridden in a long time. 

Will be a future worth watching 

30 minutes ago, Fostermd said:

Did anyone see this horse on debut at Ashburton. 

How impressive!!!!!!

Granted it didn't beat anything of note.

It smashed them. Won in a canter and Terry Moseley has said it's the best he's ridden in a long time. 

Will be a future worth watching e

Very impressive win, but is trained by the wiggle's and they turn there horses out well, don't race alot but certainly get results on race day, had one called replique won gore 3yr old race, now with gaye waterhouse in aus i think, had canterbury belle and seamist to name a few quality horses, stood Beaufort sea a very good sire back in the 80s, now stand zacinto and his stock showing early promise, certainly don't do things by halves and are successful in racing circles.So know surprise to see another promising horse.

40 minutes ago, gubellini said:

They stood Afghanistan in the 60's and 70's. Sired a number of handy horses like Sandy, Sizzle, Allspice,Golden Sam, Flipper, Quetta etc.

The legacy continues, zacinto early stock shows promise, sold well at chch sales, very well turned out.

Very smart - that last trial win is also worth a look.

The sire, Foreplay, is interesting. Suffered low fertility and was effectively retired until stem-cell treatment put him back on the straight and narrow.

Looks like he stands in Western Australia now, so we won't see too many in NZ.

http://www.breednet.com.au/sire/Foreplay

29 minutes ago, Fostermd said:

Wow.

2nd start kills them again 

Classy horse.

Going to be lost to New Zealand by the sound of it.

A crying shame.  Always nice seeing a horse of his caliber come from the South Island 

Agree and the time was good.

SNR

C'mon Wigley's have some balls don't sell.

From the Sydney Morning Herald 1956

Trainer Frank Dalton announced these plans for Monte Carlo after the colt had proved to be the best three-year-old in Australia by easily winning the Derby; Monte Carlo, starting at 5-4, came away ; over the closing stages to outclass the field and win by one and a half lengths. The second favourite, Summalu (7-2), was second with outsider Olympic Fire (66-1) a short half head away third. As he dismounted from Monte Carlo after the win, jockey Jack Thompson turned to trainer' Frank Dalton and said: "In my heart I am sorry boss that he's not running in the Melbourne Cup." 

Dalton scratched the colt a fortnight ago from the Cup. Dalton said that despite today's win he still had no regrets about scratching Monte Carlo. "I do not believe in running a three-year-old in a hard race such as . the Melbourne Cup," he said. Monte Carlo is still growing and will be a much better horse next year. "Not enough money to buy him' Monte Carlo completed a double yesterday. He had previously won the A.J.C. Derby at Randwick. 

It is understood that several prominent racing people have been keen to buy Monte Carlo. . But owner Mr. Ken Austin said to-day that the colt now definitely was not for sale. "There is not enough money to buy him," Mr. Austin said, : . Mr. Austin made a special trip from New Zealand to see Monte Carlo win, arriving only' this morning. Thompson said that Monte Carlo was never in. danger of defeat at any stage. "I was forced to make my run a little earlier than I intended, but he went to the post full of running," Thompson said. Thompson rode very confidently on Monte Carlo.. three horses He was travelling well one horse out in third, place behind Prince Carlad and Medulla from the mile to the half-mile. Nearing the home turn, Neville Sellwood started to make his run on Summalu, but Thompson, seeing , this, dashed Monte Carlo to the front. 

Slam Dunk you want to get your hand off that thing that hangs in front, that horse will be sold subject to the vet for a sizeable six figure sum if not seven, they breed and buy to sell,why would they keep the horse in nz,