RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

I just heard this kicks off on Saturday. I must say I'm a bit underwhelmed by the whole affair this time around. I think this is because of all the negativieity around the event, what with Zika virus, sports that shouldn't be there and doped up Russians. I remember back in the day really looking forward to it for months out. But no longer.

Still, I suppose when Usain Bolt lines up in the Final of the 100 meters I'll get fairly excited.

Agree with you there Crusty.The Games are too expensive and unwieldy to run.Having said that I will be looking forward

to the Kiwi womans soccer team.No fuss,no drama,just good ole 100% effort and good sportsmanship.

My extended family are Brasilian(Sao Paulo),and their stories of life in Brasil would make your hair stand on end.

No wonder the police /military presence .Rio is a dangerous place,and the police are as corrupt as anyone else.

I hope like hell nothings erupts,it would be a case of "I told you so".

On ‎1‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 1:38 PM, Brown Fox said:

Agree with you there Crusty.The Games are too expensive and unwieldy to run.Having said that I will be looking forward

to the Kiwi womans soccer team.No fuss,no drama,just good ole 100% effort and good sportsmanship.

Just been watching that game,have to say it was a disappointing result.I'm no expert but the yanks appeared to have a lot of time before been challenged.

Whats going on here?.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/olympics/rio-2016/rio-olympics-2016-medals-come-at-a-heavy-price-for-australian-taxpayers-20160816-gqu6t8.html

& almost the same article relating to NZ

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/olympics/83147416/big-kiwi-sports-underachieve-at-rio-but-14-medals-remains-a-realistic-target

Australia injects $340m into Olympic sports and we tip in $131m, or a per capita basis (which we love to use to claim how sucessful the games have been) that is a significantly larger spend than the Aussies. NZ has spent 3 times as much as Australia hunting medals on this basis, now on yesterdays medal tally thats nearly 10 times more for each medal than Aussie.

Now a mate in Aussie was telling me last night that 3 different papers had Aussie in different positions on the medal tally.  Japan have won 5 more medals than Aus but they are supposedly higher because they have won more silver, however Aussie have won twice as many medals as Netherlands but they're two spots above Aus because they've won 1 more gold. On a per capita basis Aussie are way down the chain and we are in 2nd place.

I give up and thank god this shit is only every 4 years, I do think this Olympics has been a farce Worldwide and the image has been tarnished for many & for a number it will be permanent.

15 hours ago, zelda kratchanova 2 said:

the olympics is now a joke n0?

caster semenyeah , IF shes a women i,m a bloke:blink:, n0?

is brazil a sister country of bali,? full off drugged idoits and gangsters , give the next olympics to NEW ZEALAND

like Gough says IT;S TIME

I picked the trifecta in the Women's 800m merely by looking at the runners on the start line. The three "men" filled the placings, while the women battled it out for 4th to 8th.

6 hours ago, Uriah Heap said:

In all seriousness there's a name for the winner in regard to her sexual gender. What I was wondering is, are there horses like that? You could pick up a few of the mares races with such a horse.

Call it a" herse".:)