RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Anyone for politics ?

It's hard to get excited in NZ about politics, we're so stable ( there's my racing word to warrant being on this forum ) politically here that it's boring, or irrelevant, and then there's Nathan Guy who probably falls between the cracks of life, and I must say he does rest easily amongst the dust and rubbish you find in those cracks.

Anyway back to real politics, the USA, hasn't it been compulsory viewing, the two conventions.

Trump showed the world why he's so divisive with a disorganised and hysterical rambling style that brought all the truckers and trailer park red necks to tears, the Jethro and Shirley types if you know what I mean.

The only surprise with Trump is that he hasn't got tattoos all over his knuckles.

Obama meantime ( Mr nor Mrs ) was outstanding, charismatic, charming, gracious, a ready smile, it's quite enthralling being in the presence of greatness and not since the days of JFK have we seen a leader with such a galvinising style, a coruscating turn of phrase, and such extraordinary soaring rhetoric, and I'm not even a left winger !! 

He really is the greatest statesman of our time don't you think ?

Oh for a leader like that, someone who can inspire.

Funny Von...

Yep... Nathan who?:ph34r: and john everything's right :) Key for NZ

and the six month mandatory bullshit lead up to the USA elections puts me off the TV1 news for that period!

Apart from that, sickening footage of those poor juvenile collar shackled detainees in Northern Territory.

Those pricks should get life themselves... IMHO

Anyway back to the real world...Spring Carnival just around the corner.( not sure how long NZ racing can survive on these small mercy,s)    

Watched both Trump (as you'd expect!) and Obama speeches to the conventions. Obama would have to be the greatest Orator President/Leader since who knows when? JFK? Churchill? He is so good and eloquent. As for Trump? I think Obama summed him up beautifully. "The politics of FEAR". Obama has clinched it for Hilary. If Malcolm Turnbull had made a speech like Obama did, he would have won the Oz election by a country mile. But all he spoke about was science and innovation, topics the average Australian voter can't relate to. The average American can "fully" relate to Obama's message. The question American voters have to ask themselves is, "Can I have faith in a real estate salesman/property developer?". NZTR is lucky. It has a very experienced person at the helm with vast experience in the racing industry as an owner (was it 90+?), bookmaker and administrator. It has got a wonderful hand picked Board to guide that person and to top things off, there's a Minister for Racing who is standing proud and really putting his stamp on racing. It's not a Penny Black, but he's getting there. Things can't get any better. (But I think Trent and Natalie have made the right move eh?).

19 minutes ago, Trump said:

Watched both Trump (as you'd expect!) and Obama speeches to the conventions. Obama would have to be the greatest Orator President/Leader since who knows when? JFK? Churchill? He is so good and eloquent. As for Trump? I think Obama summed him up beautifully. "The politics of FEAR". Obama has clinched it for Hilary. If Malcolm Turnbull had made a speech like Obama did, he would have won the Oz election by a country mile. But all he spoke about was science and innovation, topics the average Australian voter can't relate to. The average American can "fully" relate to Obama's message. The question American voters have to ask themselves is, "Can I have faith in a real estate salesman/property developer?". NZTR is lucky. It has a very experienced person at the helm with vast experience in the racing industry as an owner (was it 90+?), bookmaker and administrator. It has got a wonderful hand picked Board to guide that person and to top things off, there's a Minister for Racing who is standing proud and really putting his stamp on racing. It's not a Penny Black, but he's getting there. Things can't get any better. (But I think Trent and Natalie have made the right move eh?).

hi trump i'm still trying to work out what obama has really accomplished

Too right Trumpy. Masterful performance yesterday, eloquent, folksy, humorous, hard hitting, pointed, uplifting, it had it all. Making clear the distinctions between Hillary and her experience and achievements, the "Real One", against the bloke with the hair has set it up for her speech tonight. And that appearance on the stage at the end was pure theatre.

It is all in her hands now. That speech needs to reach out to all Americans, and outline her positive vision for making things better for all, particularly the disadvantaged, the out of work, the minorities, how America will be better, and stronger, and safer.

Obama lifted them eight years ago...she needs to do the same.

35 minutes ago, Trump said:

Pretty easy to be a great orator with a team of writers behind you and a teleprompter in front of you.

Kennedy,Clinton and now Obama all good orators but achievements sadly lacking.

He hasn't been the best President but he's certainly ( IMO) the best Speech maker and person capable of presenting vision and hope to people. His greatest legacy will be his Medicare Bill which provided free healthcare for 20million Americans - those who couldn't afford it. (His other will probably be to have given the order to wipe out Osama Bin Laden - the head Terrorist.). He also came to power in 2008 when the GFC hit. He saved the American Auto Industry and got paid back all the money he loaned them. He saved the American Banking System from collapse. He would have cleaned up the Gun problem in America, but the Republican controlled Senate wouldn't support the Bills. His other reforms were thwarted by a rogue Senate controlled by the Republicans. Much the same has existed in Australia for the last 8 years. NZ is lucky in that sense. Not having a Senate gives the ruling party a chance to push through their agenda and if you don't like it you can vote against them at the next election. Obama is a great Orator and for that skill, Hilary will be grateful.

5 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Pretty easy to be a great orator with a team of writers behind you and a teleprompter in front of you.

Kennedy,Clinton and now Obama all good orators but achievements sadly lacking.

Everyone has the same things Crusty.....some use them better than others.

His achievements would have been much greater without so much Redneck, Rascist opposition.

Stop Press! Also, it's a bit different coming to power with something like the GFC of 2008 hitting. Compare that to Labour in Australia. John Howard and Peter Costelli left them with $90billion in the bank and a surplus budget and a Future Fund. Successive Labour govts have wiped out that $ 90b, committed another $500b or so in reckless spending that can't be unwound. Aust is in trouble because of it. The school halls building program was a Union benefit fund. One school had a $2m + Hall built and the school was closed down before the Hall ever was used !!! Then there was the $1000 cheques sent to dead people ! Please don't start me....

25 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

oEveryone has the same things Crusty.....some use them better than others.

His achievements would have been much greater without so much Redneck, Rascist opposition.

I think you will find that many Democrats also voted against some of Obama's policies.I don't know if that makes them Rednecks or racists.

45 minutes ago, Trump said:

Stop Press! Also, it's a bit different coming to power with something like the GFC of 2008 hitting. Compare that to Labour in Australia. John Howard and Peter Costelli left them with $90billion in the bank and a surplus budget and a Future Fund. Successive Labour govts have wiped out that $ 90b, committed another $500b or so in reckless spending that can't be unwound. Aust is in trouble because of it. The school halls building program was a Union benefit fund. One school had a $2m + Hall built and the school was closed down before the Hall ever was used !!! Then there was the $1000 cheques sent to dead people ! Please don't start me....

The NZ Labour Govt had minimal debt and $20Billion in The Cullen Fund and the debt is now $120Billion. It would be wrong to blame Key for that given the 2008 meltdown

6 minutes ago, bloke said:

The NZ Labour Govt had minimal debt and $20Billion in The Cullen Fund and the debt is now $120Billion. It would be wrong to blame Key for that given the 2008 meltdown

And a couple of fairly serious seismic events didn't help either Blokey....somebody had to pay somehow......:blink:

Don't engage with Bloke, you must never give a nutter oxygen when he doesn't deal in facts, and on the very rare occasion he/they do use facts it's done in such a selective way it completely distorts the reality of the situation, if not the truth ( see most NZTR or NZRB publications )

Bloke might mean well but his view is toxic.

28 minutes ago, Midget said:

Don't engage with Bloke, you must never give a nutter oxygen when he doesn't deal in facts, and on the very rare occasion he/they do use facts it's done in such a selective way it completely distorts the reality of the situation, if not the truth ( see most NZTR or NZRB publications )

Bloke might mean well but his view is toxic.

And you are not toxic?

6 hours ago, gary1 said:

hi trump i'm still trying to work out what obama has really accomplished

Dead right. Charismatic Obama may be but though he's the first black President he's a 'white mans n*****'. What has he done for the blacks? Typical American puppet. On the other hand Trump doesn't need to cow-tow to big business for funding, he can do that on his own thus he can say what he thinks and get away with it. I'm not favouring one over the other but I'm amazed out of 800 million (??) Americans, these are the best two candidates - Trump It or Strumpet.

Even more scary is the fact that, now they are official candidates, a whole lot of new shit will be thrown over the next three months. Going to be scintillating stuff.

9 hours ago, Midget said:

It's hard to get excited in NZ about politics, we're so stable ( there's my racing word to warrant being on this forum ) politically here that it's boring, or irrelevant, and then there's Nathan Guy who probably falls between the cracks of life, and I must say he does rest easily amongst the dust and rubbish you find in those cracks.

Anyway back to real politics, the USA, hasn't it been compulsory viewing, the two conventions.

Trump showed the world why he's so divisive with a disorganised and hysterical rambling style that brought all the truckers and trailer park red necks to tears, the Jethro and Shirley types if you know what I mean.

The only surprise with Trump is that he hasn't got tattoos all over his knuckles.

Obama meantime ( Mr nor Mrs ) was outstanding, charismatic, charming, gracious, a ready smile, it's quite enthralling being in the presence of greatness and not since the days of JFK have we seen a leader with such a galvinising style, a coruscating turn of phrase, and such extraordinary soaring rhetoric, and I'm not even a left winger !! 

He really is the greatest statesman of our time don't you think ?

Oh for a leader like that, someone who can inspire.

Just read this, and now I'm feeling really ill……….calling for herb in fact.