RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
come on ref

just when you think it can't get worsewell

4 hours ago, Gary Sharp said:

What makes you think they have fired me GOM?

I didn't or don't think they have fired you Garry I just think it would have been better if you had not put the issue beyond all doubt.

Look at racing now a days and the racing of pre petrol vouchers and even pre free noms.

We used to pay $28 to start in a race and be racing for A TOTAL stake of $600 ( 360 - 150 - 90 )

You didn't get racing like at Auckland the other day . 13 races - 10 sprints and 3 x 527m.

Wanganui 15 races - 10 sprints and 5 x 520m

Christchurch  12 races - 10 sprints and 2 x 520m

To be honest there is a lot of crap out there racing for petrol vouchers that if they were paying to race simply wouldn't be anywhere a race track.

Best way to weed out the rubbish is to not reward the rubbish for turning up to collect a pay cheque .

Not having paying to start is enough of a bonus and  giving out vouchers for not preforming to hurting the sport with the quality of the product on the track

Just my two cents worth anyway.

36 minutes ago, GOM said:

I didn't or don't think they have fired you Garry I just think it would have been better if you had not put the issue beyond all doubt.

Well to remove all doubt from the 1 track mind people out there I haven't been fire but I am handing in my notice on Sunday when I get to the track for both Auckland & Waikato tracks which will take effect as of the 1st August 2016 which in line with what is in my contract.

12 minutes ago, Gary Sharp said:

Well to remove all doubt from the 1 track mind people out there I haven't been fire but I am handing in my notice on Sunday when I get to the track for both Auckland & Waikato tracks which will take effect as of the 1st August 2016 which in line with what is in my contract.

gary dont get caught up with half these clowns opinions

44 minutes ago, Gary Sharp said:

Don't resign. You are entitled to your opinion. Stuff em

6 hours ago, GOM said:

With all due respect if expect to get $80 off your training account every time you started 4 dogs it's no wonder you look for the vouchers. I would have a word with the trainer about his strike rate if I was you

Nothing wrong with the strike rate of my trainer . I don't look foward to the vouchers but if for some reason my dogs have bad luck or just not fast enough on the day then something is always better than nothing .Some people on here are not looking at the big picture ,going on about the past when having to pay to gain a start . These owners and trainers are doing the hard yards paying the bills , with the cost of every day living ever increasing etc they have decided to put the stakes up but really have they ? We all know how many sprint fields there are, is this going to change No I don't think it will so they cut costs from other areas to feed the pockets of very few . To the trainers out there with only a handful of dogs right up to the major players it will in some way affect you all. It costs the same to train a sprinter as it does a stayer . People you can not keep a greyhound racing from a voucher it is just not possible , the cost has to come from somewhere and its me as an owner that feels it and for them to come out and say this is going to happen In a few days is unreal and piss poor business skills from people in high paying jobs. And they will have another look at it in 6 months , will it change again then ? Back to what is was before ? Where was the input from the clubs ? What did the racing committee have to say ? How much money could have been spent the list is so long . And then we have the leak same person as last time ??? Are we really moving foward ? 

1 hour ago, gary1 said:

gary dont get caught up with half these clowns opinions

It's not just them that is the reason for my handing in my notice. I also have a lower spinal injury at the moment which may require surgery which means I'll be unable to work for at least 6 months. For the past month & a half I have been only able to do quarter of the normal work load I would normally do as I'm having problems bending & standing for to long.

My 2cents

Gazz S, dont bite so hard and people will stop fishing.

Sheppy - cracker post mate.

Ive been in greyhounds for close to 10yrs now and still learning.

All Ive ever wanted is a good steady middle distance dog the whole time with bugger all success.

Had some very handy sprinters though.

Over last two years i invested in a pup that had middle distance parents. He never made it to the track and cost me close to 6k. However he is in a foster home waiting to be placed and i wouldnt have it any other way.

Ive got a 6month old pup at moment with the mums previous little been mostly sprinters but all consistant earners.

Ive been offline for last couple of days and was plesently surprised with the new prize money structure. 

N.Z. breeding has been watered down for a very long time when it was made so easy and attractive to breed anything and race twice a week, why race middle distance.

Finally people might want to think and strive for the next level up.

Hell I'd love to breed or buy a pup good enough to send to ozz like Above All or race in group ones throughout N.Z.

Sprinting money isnt crap over here but why settle for that when u can aim for the next step.

As a owner I think this is a great move by GRNZ, not all their decisions i agree with but this one gets the tick by this owner.

6 hours ago, lad27 said:

My 2cents

Gazz S, dont bite so hard and people will stop fishing.

Sheppy - cracker post mate.

Ive been in greyhounds for close to 10yrs now and still learning.

All Ive ever wanted is a good steady middle distance dog the whole time with bugger all success.

Had some very handy sprinters though.

Over last two years i invested in a pup that had middle distance parents. He never made it to the track and cost me close to 6k. However he is in a foster home waiting to be placed and i wouldnt have it any other way.

Ive got a 6month old pup at moment with the mums previous little been mostly sprinters but all consistant earners.

Ive been offline for last couple of days and was plesently surprised with the new prize money structure. 

N.Z. breeding has been watered down for a very long time when it was made so easy and attractive to breed anything and race twice a week, why race middle distance.

Finally people might want to think and strive for the next level up.

Hell I'd love to breed or buy a pup good enough to send to ozz like Above All or race in group ones throughout N.Z.

Sprinting money isnt crap over here but why settle for that when u can aim for the next step.

As a owner I think this is a great move by GRNZ, not all their decisions i agree with but this one gets the tick by this owner.

lad how can you say sheepys post is a cracker its completely flawed for one how you can relate golf to the equation is nonsense,,, do you  see sheepy driving from christchurch to invercargill or dunedin to play golf each week no it would cost him a fortune he likes to play golf as a hobby not as a profession he can go out on the golf course and move the ball to where he likes to gain a better shot no one can tell him not to do it  ,   the only person he hurts is himself but if he  was professional he would be banned therein lies greyhound racing is professional sport run under licence from the govt the tab and nzgra if you decide only to train two dogs to race then you race them under the rules of racing      question for you and sheepy , do the gallops or trots get paid an appearance fee    the tab supplies the greyhounds with funding from gambling sky supplies funding thru broadcasting rights the poor greyhound trainer now drives all the way to dunedin  fom christchurch with two dogs that both have good chances they both have terrible luck and run last now he gets nothing at all but the tab still want him to supply the product each week for nothing    and what about some of the owners that may be sending down 3 dogs or more with their trainers say 2 run last   ,instead of them getting 2 petrol vouchers now they will get a bill for transport  if other codes can supply an appearance fee or call it what you like then the greyhounds should get it . i see auckland trots are now paying a 

9 hours ago, Gary Sharp said:

It's not just them that is the reason for my handing in my notice. I also have a lower spinal injury at the moment which may require surgery which means I'll be unable to work for at least 6 months. For the past month & a half I have been only able to do quarter of the normal work load I would normally do as I'm having problems bending & standing for to long.

best of luck

Morning Gary 1

Are you an owner/trainer? and i still havnt figured out if u live here in nz or ozz?

Finding a 50/50 deal with a trainer is hard enough and your dog has to show some talent. The figure ive been told is the dog needs to earn around 10k a season to make it worthwhile for the trainer. If the trainer does take % deal and the dog is average then you might be lucky for a split of 60/40 or its 70/30.

Now if your paying training fees then the lowest at a guess in N.Z. would be $300 a month. If your dog is running 7th and 8th's for a long period, working on it getting a start every week, then may i suggest that trainer will sack the dog sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, lad27 said:

Morning Gary 1

Are you an owner/trainer? and i still havnt figured out if u live here in nz or ozz?

Finding a 50/50 deal with a trainer is hard enough and your dog has to show some talent. The figure ive been told is the dog needs to earn around 10k a season to make it worthwhile for the trainer. If the trainer does take % deal and the dog is average then you might be lucky for a split of 60/40 or its 70/30.

Now if your paying training fees then the lowest at a guess in N.Z. would be $300 a month. If your dog is running 7th and 8th's for a long period, working on it getting a start every week, then may i suggest that trainer will sack the dog sooner rather than later.

IDT Gary1 knows what he is talking about most of the time, nor does he relise how expensive it is to feed a racing dogs.

Take mcinerneys for example, people give them grief from all the money they make from petrol vouchers and stakes, but on avg they race anywhere from 150-200 dogs in a season (excluding the pups they have on the ground). Now at a bare minimum, itd cost $10 a day to feed a dog, times that by 7, thats $70 per dog a week, than you times that by 150 racinv dogs and thats over $10,500 they need to make a week to feed their dogs, and id say 80% of their dogs would be on 50/50, so thats almost $19000 a week they would have to make just to feed their dogs, and this ia excluding all of their other expenses, so they would have to make at a bare minumim 980k a yr just to feed everything.

In reality, the stakes should have gone up and vouchers remain

22 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

IDT Gary1 knows what he is talking about most of the time, nor does he relise how expensive it is to feed a racing dogs.

Take mcinerneys for example, people give them grief from all the money they make from petrol vouchers and stakes, but on avg they race anywhere from 150-200 dogs in a season (excluding the pups they have on the ground). Now at a bare minimum, itd cost $10 a day to feed a dog, times that by 7, thats $70 per dog a week, than you times that by 150 racinv dogs and thats over $10,500 they need to make a week to feed their dogs, and id say 80% of their dogs would be on 50/50, so thats almost $19000 a week they would have to make just to feed their dogs, and this ia excluding all of their other expenses, so they would have to make at a bare minumim 980k a yr just to feed everything.

and your point all the way   is    ....i do know what it costs ..........re read my post what i am saying is petrol vouchers should remain isnt that what your saying

1 hour ago, lad27 said:

Morning Gary 1

Now if your paying training fees then the lowest at a guess in N.Z. would be $300 a month. If your dog is running 7th and 8th's for a long period, working on it getting a start every week, then may i suggest that trainer will sack the dog sooner rather than later.,

regardless of whether im an owner trainer or where i live is irrelevant or training fees for that matter issue is petrol vouchers  why hasnt the nzgra negotiated a better deal from tab  to cover such expenses you havent answered my question regarding appearance fees for gallops or trots

1 hour ago, lad27 said:

Morning Gary 1

then again lad why isnt the voucher system like aust payments

Some thing for nothing? in our 7 day a week job,

Well it's time to tax our code,

30% of the stakes won sounds about right, then let see if this code is professional.

Maybe just the ones that make over NZ average wage ($70,000)

10 mill for admin gets the NZ gov about 3mil and 10 mil for prize money for nothing pay your way greyhound people.

Or maybe just tax the public trainer like they do in OZ.

SOMETHING FOR NOTHING.LOL 

2 hours ago, dogrug said:

Some thing for nothing? in our 7 day a week job,

Well it's time to tax our code,

30% of the stakes won sounds about right, then let see if this code is professional.

Maybe just the ones that make over NZ average wage ($70,000)

10 mill for admin gets the NZ gov about 3mil and 10 mil for prize money for nothing pay your way greyhound people.

Or maybe just tax the public trainer like they do in OZ.

SOMETHING FOR NOTHING.LOL 

you will find most PT have too pay tax

Gary1, my comparison of golf an dog racing I think is quite relevant. Its emphasised how ownership of greyhounds to a majority would be a hobby an most hobbies cost a lot of money with little if any financial reward. 

I don't quite understand the complaining.  Having read the press release on the website I thought it was showing leadership, vision and direction from those in head office. Yes they may be cutting petrol vouchers from 7th an 8th BUT they have increased total stakes paid by over $500,000. In the long run no one should be losing anyway. He's some examples. If you have a c5 middle dist dog an he runs last 3 weeks in a row (misses out on $60). He drops a grade an wins next week (wins an extra $120). That's an overall increase of $60 over the month. 

Now I know you'll all complain about the sprinters who run 7th an 8th an missing out on the extra prizemoney, but you might find more sprinters are tried over the middle distance an with success like Homebush Kelso and know cheers. 

My example above is really still short term though. So yes an owner/breeder with a lot of sprinters may pay a price in the short term but as was stated in the press release the goal is to improve the racing product in NZ an therefore the over a couple of years as they look to buy/breed middle distance dogs those losses incurred now with their sprinters should be outweighed by the extra prizemoney being injected.  

James

22 hours ago, alltheway!!! said:

Shaky, that is the worst argument I have seen put forward. If I suddenly decide to race 2000 greyhounds do you think the greyhound association and all the other participants should make sacrifices so they ensure I succeed. Same argument used with imports, "this is costing me a fortune and you buggers should help reimburse me."

15 hours ago, Sheepy said:

Gary1, my comparison of golf an dog racing I think is quite relevant. Its emphasised how ownership of greyhounds to a majority would be a hobby an most hobbies cost a lot of money with little if any financial reward. 

I don't quite understand the complaining.  Having read the press release on the website I thought it was showing leadership, vision and direction from those in head office. Yes they may be cutting petrol vouchers from 7th an 8th BUT they have increased total stakes paid by over $500,000. In the long run no one should be losing anyway. He's some examples. If you have a c5 middle dist dog an he runs last 3 weeks in a row (misses out on $60). He drops a grade an wins next week (wins an extra $120). That's an overall increase of $60 over the month. 

Now I know you'll all complain about the sprinters who run 7th an 8th an missing out on the extra prizemoney, but you might find more sprinters are tried over the middle distance an with success like Homebush Kelso and know cheers. 

My example above is really still short term though. So yes an owner/breeder with a lot of sprinters may pay a price in the short term but as was stated in the press release the goal is to improve the racing product in NZ an therefore the over a couple of years as they look to buy/breed middle distance dogs those losses incurred now with their sprinters should be outweighed by the extra prizemoney being injected.  

James

james how can your golf playing be relevent  ,, do you get prizemoney,  do you play as a professional     do you abide by rules set out by a licenced authority,     no.    dog racing is a professional sport and trainers have to be licenced    would you drive 600klm every week to play golf my other question before was go gallop or trotters get an appearance fee 

15 hours ago, Sheepy said:

James

james what do the victorian trainers get

5 hours ago, GOM said:

Shaky, that is the worst argument I have seen put forward. If I suddenly decide to race 2000 greyhounds do you think the greyhound association and all the other participants should make sacrifices so they ensure I succeed. Same argument used with imports, "this is costing me a fortune and you buggers should help reimburse me."

The argument I was trying to make was that stakes have not kept up with the growing costs for all those involved in the greyhound industry

On 7/29/2016 at 8:14 AM, alltheway!!! said:

i suppose all the cows they get arent included in your costs        and by your estimates they should be  broke

On 7/30/2016 at 7:33 AM, gary1 said:

james what do the victorian trainers get

i see you havent had time to answer but my guess is if i had 2 dogs in at ballarat and they both ran last i would receive a payment for both