RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
come on ref

just when you think it can't get worsewell

The part about 4th to start with so I 'll type this slowly . you get $80 for running 4th why should you get a voucher as well.

You'll have to get even slower with the rest, what do you mean 5th and 6th are now stakes?

No petrol vouchers . Never did I say you should get one as well . The increase is $30 for 4th. And a saving of $40 for no payment to 7th and 8th. Again no vouchers so now 5th and 6th get $20 instead of a $20 voucher . 

Sorry I know I see what you are getting at now. Your original post on this bit said the owners are going to suffer. If they are still getting 20 for 5th and 6th and the rest is being put into increasing stakes how are the owners going to lose out.

Another point on us poor old owners. If as you say the owners are going to miss out with the reduction of petrol vouchers how does that stack up with Corey's statement that his boss is not going to be able to pay him? if the owners get the petrol vouchers what is the trainer doing paying his staff's wages with them .

I would love to know how I've overstepped the mark & breached my contract when what I stated in my comment was as an owner not as an employee of the Auckland & Waikato Greyhound Racing Clubs.

I have just got home from seeing my company lawyer who has read what I put & read my contract & has informed me that what I put was not in any way a breach of my contract as an employee since it was said as an OWNER & if they do try to fire me I have a very strong case against them.

If the head office or the clubs have a problem with me standing up for my rights & putting it in honest hard hitting words as an OWNER then they are more then welcome to contact me or come see me & I will tell them to their face or over the phone as an owner what I think of their way of doing things.

Sorry gom I can't help you with other people's statements am not sure what a greyhound worker is payed. As an owner the petrol vouchers were always taken out of my training fees at the end of each month . I based my budget on this and if my dogs were to race 4 times in the month I would expect $80 off my account per dog, now I can not do this . But to be told of this when a couple of my dogs are already in fields just tops it right off. If a trainer said to me, my fees as of tomorrow are going up would this be good business ? 

8 minutes ago, I know said:

Sorry gom I can't help you with other people's statements am not sure what a greyhound worker is payed. As an owner the petrol vouchers were always taken out of my training fees at the end of each month . I based my budget on this and if my dogs were to race 4 times in the month I would expect $80 off my account per dog, now I can not do this . But to be told of this when a couple of my dogs are already in fields just tops it right off. If a trainer said to me, my fees as of tomorrow are going up would this be good business ? 

I would tell you what I get as a starter per hour at Cambridge & Manukau but after looking at my contract it would be a breach if I did under page 3 Section 1 of my Employment contract.

As an owner I know what you mean about the fees & the petrol vouchers coming off your account each month & having to work on a budget. As a business owner I can tell you that it would not be good for business if I told my clients that rates were going up as of tomorrow cause that would cause them to look else where for the services I provide & I would end up loosing clients & income.

50 minutes ago, Gary Sharp said:

I would love to know how I've overstepped the mark & breached my contract when what I stated in my comment was as an owner not as an employee of the Auckland & Waikato Greyhound Racing Clubs.

I have just got home from seeing my company lawyer who has read what I put & read my contract & has informed me that what I put was not in any way a breach of my contract as an employee since it was said as an OWNER & if they do try to fire me I have a very strong case against them.

If the head office or the clubs have a problem with me standing up for my rights & putting it in honest hard hitting words as an OWNER then they are more then welcome to contact me or come see me & I will tell them to their face or over the phone as an owner what I think of their way of doing things.

I think you may end out disqualified  which would mean you won't be aloud on a track so your contract won't come Into it

57 minutes ago, Gary Sharp said:

well said

1 hour ago, Gary Sharp said:

"The courts have accepted that an employee has underlying duties of fidelity and loyalty to their employer, and that these duties are not suspended just because the employee has gone home for the day.

Employees must not behave in a manner which seriously damages or destroys the trust and confidence between employer and employee or engage in activities which bring their employer into disrepute. Situations where an employee ridicules or disparages their employer on Facebook may fall within these definitions".

Just now, tonkatime said:

"The courts have accepted that an employee has underlying duties of fidelity and loyalty to their employer, and that these duties are not suspended just because the employee has gone home for the day.

Employees must not behave in a manner which seriously damages or destroys the trust and confidence between employer and employee or engage in activities which bring their employer into disrepute. Situations where an employee ridicules or disparages their employer on Facebook may fall within these definitions".

So how are my comments about GRNZ damaging to my employer? I am employed by Auckland Greyhound Racing Club & Waikato Greyhound Racing Club NOT GRNZ. The clubs pay my wages NOT GRNZ.

GRNZ is only the governing body for the greyhounds & have no say in who the clubs employ.

1 hour ago, Gary Sharp said:

15 minutes ago, Gary Sharp said:

So how are my comments about GRNZ damaging to my employer? I am employed by Auckland Greyhound Racing Club & Waikato Greyhound Racing Club NOT GRNZ. The clubs pay my wages NOT GRNZ.

GRNZ is only the governing body for the greyhounds & have no say in who the clubs employ.

I'm am simply pointing out that saying I was speaking in another role is not necessarily a licence for open slather.

5 minutes ago, tonkatime said:

I'm am simply pointing out that saying I was speaking in another role is not necessarily a licence for open slather.

I have every legal right to state my thoughts as an owner regardless of if I am a starter or not which wont be an issue as of Monday 1st August then I can say what the hell I want as long as it doesn't break the rules of the site.

1 hour ago, I know said:

With all due respect if expect to get $80 off your training account every time you started 4 dogs it's no wonder you look for the vouchers. I would have a word with the trainer about his strike rate if I was you

38 minutes ago, Gary Sharp said:

I have every legal right to state my thoughts as an owner regardless of if I am a starter or not which wont be an issue as of Monday 1st August then I can say what the hell I want as long as it doesn't break the rules of the site.

Gary old mate,

You should have taken my advice from an earlier post.

Just want to say, well done NZGRA.  New stake structure step in the right direction. Also good to see they are finally working towards a future with a vision of lifting the quality of Greyhounds, and the type of racing. Good move getting rid of the petrol vouchers, but would rather see all the money saved put into the 1st 3 placings rather than rewarding the loser's. Greyhound racing should be about winning, so all the rewards should go to the winners.

Was just having a convosation a couple of days ago with my boss about something similar. People who race dogs in tier 3 races here in Victoria want more prizemoney so they can afford to feed their dogs etc. 

My views on this is WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!!! You would find a mojority of them are hobby trainers. Hobby being the key word. racing is a professional sport, not a charity! I'm a hobby golfer. I don't go winging to the NZPGA  that I can't afford a new putter or I have to drive an hour to play in a competition with costs me to enter, so I should at least get a petrol voucher. Greyhound racing would be one of the very few hobbies where there is financial reward. 

To trainers complaining about not getting petrol vouchers for 7th an 8th Id say a new career is in order. 

An to owners who say they can't cover their bills I'll leave you with a Bart Cumming s quote. 'When an owner comes to me, they have the money an I have the experience. When we're finished I have the money an they've had the experience.'

James

41 minutes ago, Sheepy said:

My views on this is WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!!! You would find a mojority of them are hobby trainers. Hobby being the key word. racing is a professional sport, not a charity! I'm a hobby golfer. I don't go winging to the NZPGA  that I can't afford a new putter or I have to drive an hour to play in a competition with costs me to enter, so I should at least get a petrol voucher. Greyhound racing would be one of the very few hobbies where there is financial reward. 

Just thinking in terms of the analogy you are using, are the trainers hobby trainers or would you consider them to be semi professional trainers or is there a mixture of all 3 (Amateur or Hobby Trainers, Semi Professional and Professional)?

Regards

David

24 minutes ago, tonkatime said:

Just thinking in terms of the analogy you are using, are the trainers hobby trainers or would you consider them to be semi professional trainers or is there a mixture of all 3 (Amateur or Hobby Trainers, Semi Professional and Professional)?

Regards

David

Semi professional would suggest they have some sort of other income to supplement their winnings from racing.  

Cheers

James

1 hour ago, Sheepy said:

Was just having a convosation a couple of days ago with my boss about something similar. People who race dogs in tier 3 races here in Victoria want more prizemoney so they can afford to feed their dogs etc. 

To trainers complaining about not getting petrol vouchers for 7th an 8th Id say a new career is in order. 

An to owners who say they can't cover their bills I'll leave you with a Bart Cumming s quote. 'When an owner comes to me, they have the money an I have the experience. When we're finished I have the money an they've had the experience.'

James

what load of crap you supply a product for tab you deserve to be paid for it

It's unfortunate that in this day and age people expect something for nothing, if you don't do the hard work and get the best out of your dogs then you don't deserve anything, it's not hard to comprehend.

Many of the people complaining that they are going to go bust because they are not going to get a voucher for running last were training when we had no vouchers and in fact had nomination fees to even enter a race.

Its no coincidence that the 'leading' trainer in the country who has the most to gain out of running unplaced or is the person who brought in the vouchers in the first place and is in fact making quite a profit every meeting by not even having to get a winner, something is wrong with that.

There is no doubt that we have all got used to getting the petrol vouchers, but to complain about getting nothing for running 7th or 8th really reeks of desperation and that's not a good look in anyone's book.

We all strive to have a good dog and those that manage this deserve to be rewarded, not those who are running last week after week.