RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
come on ref

just when you think it can't get worsewell

1 hour ago, modest mouse said:

How can that be good. All or nothing.

:) I truly believe that this sport is about racing to win and the first 3 should only be rewarded, so breeding from top progeny is best and would keep the numbers down cheers WB

56 minutes ago, come on ref said:

What's it going to do??? More dead dogs, more waiting lists for the people that can wait 8 months to get in!!! Another great idea like getting rid of the 2 people that run the office

Come on ref get your eyepatch off, what is the 8 months for people to get in? how will it mean more dead dogs what's it got to do with the office restructure? Modest mousy was almost correct when she said all or nothing, they should have included the other 2 in the race

This is a step in the right direction.

They are now paying a 4th stake money so something would have to give surely?

You should not be getting anything for going around every week getting last, we have to encourage people to get the best out of their dogs, and rewarding worse than mediocrity should not be an incentive.

Lets be realistic, if you have a dog you a relying on getting a petrol voucher to keep you going then you should be looking at another vocation.

For a code that increses turnover every year, Why must they take away from there participants?

Sounds like they want 1 more group 2 race.

I bet the idea came from someone who has a 5 days a week job, not a 7 day a week job like the greyhound trainers do.

It's a step in the wrong direction. IT's only a small amount but it helps and still they want to take that little bit away.

PS. Perfect time to have 6 dog feilds from now on.

So those useless c5 and what c4  how far down do we go, that come 7or 8 deserve nothing for the week???'its yet another insult to hard working trainers we don't try and breed rubbish dogs ffs. Yes get rid of the dogs that can't run time. Do solo trials for times to qualify. 

8 minutes ago, modest mouse said:

As was mooted a long time ago, put a cap on the number of vouchers per trainer. 

And who does that benefit???

The smaller trainers. They wont have to worry about a cap.

What about the bigger kennels.

Less vouchers means no guarantee of covering costs. Which means cash will be spent on fuel and vehicle maintenance.

Means less money to pay employees alike myself 

We are wanting to go forward in this industry and we keep taking a backwards step.

Who would want a career in greyhound racing when no one can afford to employ you?

How are youth meant to buy a property to start a career in the times the country is in today where house prices are through the roof.?

Where is this saving getting put into?

One more group race. Of which only one dog can succeed and one trainer ajd owner combination benefiting?

I think we need to start increasing opportunities to make a living in this sport before its too late to start.

Is this true ? Or just another leak with miss information ? . A few weeks ago it was put stakes up 10% pay 4th and 5th more don't worry about the rest, last I was told went back to decide . Why do we hear it on here ? I see a top jockey ride 6 winners and make 200 bucks for her time . Is the 3 codes in trouble 

I have to agree with the others on this. Doing away with the vouchers for 7th & 8th placings is a real dumb idea. How are the smaller trainers going to be able to afford to travel to other regions to see if their dogs do better on another track? With the cost of fuel, power, food & rent/land being so high it makes it hard for people to survive as it is now so every little bit helps out even if it is just a $20 petrol voucher.

I agree with what mmmyb said about how are the younger people meant to be able to chance to work for a kennel when the owners can't afford to pay them cause they are having to pay out all this extra money now on travel & maintenance.

Another dumb idea that they have come up with & comes into effect on the 1st of August 2016 which some of us only found out about on Sunday at Manukau is your no longer allowed to use the backing muzzles that most of the trainers use & you are only allowed to use a smaller backing strap or the home plastic muzzle.

This is the sort of stuff that should have been in the latest magazine instead of the that crap they came out with this month.

Doing away with the ladies that finished last week who knew what they were doing was a stupid idea cause now we have a bunch of fucking idiots who wouldn't know if it was a monkey or a chimp that just jumped up & slapped them in the face running our head office.

7 minutes ago, bus stop said:

Gary be interesting to see if you still have a job on Sunday after your comments on this thread being a paid employee of the industry 

I'm employed by the club not head office. If head office has a problem with what I'm saying as an owner & try to have me fired well then they can go fuck them self & I'll see them in court for unlawful dismissal.

5 hours ago, Gary Sharp said:

I'm employed by the club not head office. If head office has a problem with what I'm saying as an owner & try to have me fired well then they can go fuck them self & I'll see them in court for unlawful dismissal.

Good on you!! The way nzgra are going there won't be racing and no one will have a job.its only what we are all thinking.yet again small trainers get screwed over again.

4 hours ago, come on ref said:

Good on you!! The way nzgra are going there won't be racing and no one will have a job.its only what we are all thinking.yet again small trainers get screwed over again.

How do you say small trainers? Why do people say this time and time again picking on the small trainers to me it's the whole code. With out the small trainers the sport can still carry on , it's when the big trainers are gone is when the game is all done . 

What a load of old cobblers , 4th placing to $80 and 7th and 8th nothing and the world is coming to an end. Gary is going to be without a job and Corey without a house! Get a grip everyone and think of the bigger picture, as McMissile said if your wellbeing and participation depends on getting a voucher for running last it is time to find another vocation.

The only ones who really benefitted from the vouchers were the biggest players and if they cannot pay your wages without vouchers they are doing something very wrong .

If the sport is going down the gurgler it is more likely because of the pitiful attitudes displayed here not by the association.

No matter who has been running it for since day one the "experts" reckon they are plotting our downfall.

Can things be improved, yes. Are we getting there yes

2 minutes ago, GOM said:

What a load of old cobblers , 4th placing to $80 and 7th and 8th nothing and the world is coming to an end. Gary is going to be without a job and Corey without a house! Get a grip everyone and think of the bigger picture, as McMissile said if your wellbeing and participation depends on getting a voucher for running last it is time to find another vocation.

The only ones who really benefitted from the vouchers were the biggest players and if they cannot pay your wages without vouchers they are doing something very wrong .

If the sport is going down the gurgler it is more likely because of the pitiful attitudes displayed here not by the association.

No matter who has been running it for since day one the "experts" reckon they are plotting our downfall.

Can things be improved, yes. Are we getting there yes

Agreed. Well said.

The attitude of some in this thread is embarrassing to say the least. 

I hope you've read your contract properly Gary, pull your head in lad. Stop acting like a 13 yr old teenager.

This has to be a joke. So 7th and 8th money gone no increase for sprinters , c0 to c4 get $280 extra and c5 $480 then some extra money in group and feature races. Only some Auckland and wanganui and one for Chistchurch. Feature get $500 . Wow the people going to take a hit are the owners as 4th 5th and 6th is now stakes . No warning goes in a few days, and will be looked at again in 6 months. Hats off to you and we'll done .