RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Hacko

Lisa Allpress - Good luck overseas

Taken from Stuff website:

Lisa Allpress rode five winners at Oamaru in June and after expenses were taken out of her earnings for the day, she had $200 left.

The Whanganui rider will be crowned New Zealand's top jockey for the 2015-16 season when it finishes on Sunday. She is having her best season with 170 wins, 16 clear of second-placed Matthew Cameron on the national premiership.

Allpress loves riding at tracks around the country and overseas but joins many in New Zealand racing calling for stake money increases.

She said the delight of riding five winners at Oamaru turned to disappointment when the $1200 she earned that day reduced to $200 through expenses.

47 minutes ago, Shad said:

200 a day i would take that, especially for sum thing i enjoyed, times are tough and there is alot of people earning less, just as well she wins  the odd big race.

What a joke she is THE leading rider in the country and you think 200 is a good day... get real... what would the top player in any NZ team earn in a day...??? For all the risks they take if thats her reward it stinks.

1 hour ago, Shad said:

200 a day i would take that, especially for sum thing i enjoyed, times are tough and there is alot of people earning less, just as well she wins  the odd big race.

There's a lot of fat bastards earning more too, including McIntyre (the chief stipendiary steward) and the former chief stipendiary steward (the bloke with the deadly mutton gun!) How much did that bastard cost the industry via golden handshakes?

And they have the cheek to stick 6 years up David Walker, and then go and hide behind bushes whilst he rides a bit of track work an owner trainer!

If Allpress had have copped a fine or a suspension, she would have been well out of pocket.

42 minutes ago, hesi said:

Even in the unlikely event stakes doubled, she would walk away with $1400, less 20% tax, so say $1120.

Still not a great amount for the leading rider, on a 5 win day.

The $1000 expenses seem high for even an overnight trip to Oamaru, break even point is 4 winners on the current stake money, why would she bother, unless winning the premiership is paramount.  The slings, I'm sure sweeten it up.

What are we talking about here, return flight, motel, food and drink, taxis.  I would have thought $500 was more realistic, but I'm sure somebody with a bit of familiarity on these things will fill us in

Maybe she stayed at the ritz, agree with your stay at home idea, costs do seem high. Could have left sum rides for the locals.

The pay that those at the coalface of our Racing industry receive is peanuts compared to those in the positions of power & control of the Industry.

The stakes must go up & wee ask, "Why haven't they?" especially when there's so many more now on the executive and what do those people really do for every 15 minutes of their day to justify their roles??

It's overdue some more were made accountable & sent on their way.

Lisa 's had 918 starts @ $148 a ride =$135,864 plus $138,719 in stakes total $274,583 without taking out costs . Not bad money but for the no 1 rider in the country not that flash either. What hope is their for the rest if both Donna Logan and Lisa are finding it tough?

25 minutes ago, hesi said:

The initial post is a bit misleading, it refers to $200 left out of earnings for the day, whereas in the article, she is referring to $200 left out of her stake money percentage for the day.

She had 7 rides on the day, so that is another $980 in riding fees

Well spotted hesi, guess not a bad day after all.

1 hour ago, hesi said:

The initial post is a bit misleading, it refers to $200 left out of earnings for the day, whereas in the article, she is referring to $200 left out of her stake money percentage for the day.

She had 7 rides on the day, so that is another $980 in riding fees

Yes, a typically ordinary piece of reporting. Forget to mention the other $1,000 she earned.

She got another five winners on an eight race card on Saturday.  Fantastic stuff.

I don't think she gets paid enough.  You can get around four thousand a day for running the TAB into the ground and all you risk is the possibility of suffering a paper cut.  Even that is unlikely these days as most of the work you might do shutting down phone services, axing form guides and closing down agencies would be done on a computer.  She deserves more, as do the rest of them.