RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Oh dear !!!

Animal cruelty or in this  case brutality is abhorrent and inhumane.

I certainly won't be complaining if greyhound racing is  banned here also.

The  short miserable life the majority of them lead could well be condemned to history If only the NZ govt would follow NSW lead

Very sad, but if they have been humanely put down thats ok by me, the article sounds like there is some doubt wether this is the case or not. Just think how many will be put down if the ban goes ahead,  will be masses, we all know that a number of horses suffer the same fate to a petfood or export abattoir, and suffer a long road trip, same with farm stock, any difference. To those and i know there is alot who re home any animals wether cats dogs horses or others your decision to do this is to be congratulated, to spare a life and give a loving home, i have a friend who has two retired greyhounds living in the lap of luxury, and there is many like this. For me as long as animals are fed, watered and sheltered and cared for, thats all one can ask, what is very sickening is any mistreatment or abuse of any animal, and we do see alot of it.

http://www.rnzspca.org.nz/news/38-press-releases/398-levin-woman-sentenced-for-starving-horse-to-death

And here is a horse owner who mistreated her horse, ergo all the rest of you horse owners must be doing the same thing?

Don't taint everyone with the same brush, but you horse people seem to like sticking the boot in, despite your industry seemingly disappearing down the toilet going by all the positive posts on the thoroughbred forum.

Why not recycle these hounds, somewhere in China they have a dog eating festival and they kicked up a stink this year about it i was reading on facebook,more to do with the poor handling of the dogs. If the hounds that don't make the cut get processed properly,frozen,packed  and sent away then there is no wastage. It's a win win in my book.

Aaron,

You've just taken stupid to a whole new level of stupidness. 

Your comment is exactly the type of comment that will not only enrage all of those opposed to racing in all forms, but will also tip many without any strong opinion off the fence to our cost.

Please rethink, and go again.

Huw Taylor 

You surely understand that the opinion of those in the public and those they elect is integral to racing survival.

Not the rabid extremists, the general populous. 

You surely cannot conceive that not only shooting 'surplus' racing dogs, but then selling the meat to China is going to sit comfortably with anybody with a shred of sanity!!??

1 hour ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

Why not recycle these hounds, somewhere in China they have a dog eating festival and they kicked up a stink this year about it i was reading on facebook,more to do with the poor handling of the dogs. If the hounds that don't make the cut get processed properly,frozen,packed  and sent away then there is no wastage. It's a win win in my book.

Bejesus man! You just won a Wellington Steeple and you come up with this...might cut it down the pub in Tauherenikau but you need to ...

Eleven countries around the globe still eat dog meat. They are: China, Indonesia, Korea, Mexico, Philippines, Polynesia, Taiwan, Vietnam, the Arctic and Antarctic and two cantons in Switzerland. 

Fairly large portion of the worlds population above still eat dog. Probably of more concern is the below. (Beagles are the most tested)

Dogs’ status as “man’s best friend” offers them no protection from being locked in lonely cages and forced to endure excruciating experiments. More than 65,000 dogs are tormented in U.S. laboratories every year.

2 minutes ago, Desert Orchid said:

A shoddy attempt at backing down Biddy...

Are you a closet Trump policy advisor??

Kids in bed and Mrs home from work so play time over.

Trump who? I know nothing about politics at all, will go tick a few boxes when a NZ election is on but that is a far as it goes for me.

Mr Bidlake makes a good point. It is common for people to eat horses around the world do the general populous get angry about that. I read an article about an American woman who decided to get her own horse butchered when it had to be put down and she ate it (not at one sitting).

I believe that horse meat  (including from racing animals) has been exported from NZ for human consumption (correct me if I am wrong) so why not dog?

Why not those dog handlers too, in fact why not anyone who goes near the dogs ?

They'd be a bit average eating, they're either far too old, too fat, or covered in ink, but I reckon if you hung them for a few weeks then slow cooked them with some winter vegetables they'd be ok, well some bits of them might be ok.

It'd mean those unfortunates would finally have some use in life, and before anyone else grabs her, I've got dibs on that good looking bird off Trackside who inexplicably likes dogs, Elizabeth Whelan is her name I think,mshe'd be good eating, much better than Peter Earley.

1 - " The Butch C triple whopper" definite sour tasting and bound to fail, very poor sales at Ellerslie and Tren-fim.

2 - " Popple doughnut" they'll be jumping from the trees to taste this greasy morsel.

3 - " Lang hotdog special" free lashings anyone???

4 - " Special Sullivan Burger" blue bun sprinkled with porky bits, option of beef also offered, guaranteed to make you feel good.

5 - " Do Pledge Me Coleslaw" if you ask nicely will come free with the Popple doughnut.

6 - "RIU trifle" on for a limited time only, not sure about taste at this point.

7 - " Rodley pudding" pleasant but l-l-l-l-lacking in flavour, nice clown like finish to it.

8 - " The Purcell Punch Pretender" stated as 94% water, 4% organic additives and the rest? A baloney! never-mind about the rest.

4 hours ago, Midget said:

Why not those dog handlers too, in fact why not anyone who goes near the dogs ?

They'd be a bit average eating, they're either far too old, too fat, or covered in ink, but I reckon if you hung them for a few weeks then slow cooked them with some winter vegetables they'd be ok, well some bits of them might be ok.

It'd mean those unfortunates would finally have some use in life, and before anyone else grabs her, I've got dibs on that good looking bird off Trackside who inexplicably likes dogs, Elizabeth Whelan is her name I think,mshe'd be good eating, much better than Peter Earley.

Thought you had better taste Midget........;)

image.jpeg

Question for Midget.

I have been trying to find out the percentage of TB and Harness horses bred in NZ that actually make it to the racetrack. On another site I see it is estimated  that in NSW that percentage is 10% which to me appears unbelievably low. Would this be in the same ballpark as NZ?