RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mr_gee

Burgundy

Saw a dozen or so of his first crop at Karaka earlier this year. Some solid and correct types amongst them. He is a half brother to Darci Brahma so he has a chance. He won up to Group 3 level and ran third in a Telegraph. Sometimes Sires like this have trouble siring Group One or Two winners. Worth a punt.

Berri you are a very harsh marker in terms of Darci Brahma, Warranted Darci Brahma has struggled to make a significant impact in Australia but has sired an ATC Oaks winner who has run 4th in a Caulfield Cup and another smart filly that has placed in a G1 VRC Australian Guineas against the boys.

But he has proven to be a very good NZ stallion with 28 Stakeswinners including 7 G1 winners, and a winners to runners percentage of 70% and stakes performers to runners percentage of 14%.

What current NZ sires have the ability to sire a "good G1 winner" in AUS?, Savabeel definitely, Tavistock definitely,  Iffraaj has sired Turn Me Loose, Pentire, Pins. 

Most NZ stallions struggle to sire consistent G1 winners in Aussie wouldn't you say?

22 hours ago, gubellini said:

Te Akau produced four  Burgundy fillies at the Te Teko Trials today. All smallish and fine boned. None were placed. Will improve with time for sure.

Was not Burgundy's record artificially boosted by Te Akau  nominating a higher rated horse in two of his races only to scratch it and therefore giving Burgundy a much lower weight than it should of carried so therefore IMO having Shallow victories. 

1 hour ago, puha said:

Was not Burgundy's record artificially boosted by Te Akau  nominating a higher rated horse in two of his races only to scratch it and therefore giving Burgundy a much lower weight than it should of carried so therefore IMO having Shallow victories. 

Still have to win it

You guys don't really read do you. I used the premise "if you wanted to gamble" and then I suffixed it by saying "then he might make it". For me though would be the question as to whether I thought any horse that's form was well exposed in order to get a 103 rating, was good enough a racehorse to make it as a stallion. The Telegraph was an average race, he was handicapped to win it but didn't. So for me, my humble opinion on racing performance is that it isn't the profile of a horse that would make a superior sire. If he only had a handful of starts and did that, then different.

Darci Brahma as a sire was a media inflated stallion that got a number of seriously good mares that didn't kick the goal that was needed to make him properly commercial. Unfortunately there are very few NZ racehorses that are good enough to race successfully in Australia. We are unfortunately 5kg inferior to their best horses on an average.

I agree with what you have said in regards to Burgundy completely and the way you have analysed that, and the fact that very few racehorses that are bred by NZ stalliosn standing here are good enough to race successful and consistently in Australian G1 races.

There are not many current consistent sires here that produce consistent Australian G1 performers as I mentioned Savabeel, Pins, Pentire, Tavistock (has made a great start, hopefully keeps it going, but needs to produce a decent filly as currently the best he has managed is 2 listed NZ winning fillies)