RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
N1MUE

SSTs - change for the worse (TAB please note)

Used to be a big fan of the self serve terminals (SSTs) at the TAB, but not so much anymore.

Regularly now when I'm putting a final field bet on I get a notification saying that the odds have changed and displaying the new odds, but not placing the bet.  

Previously they put the bet on and advised me of the change of odds, and I could then choose whether to keep or cancel the bet - that seemed to make good sense.   But no obviously not!

Now I have to frig around trying to get the bet on at the new odds - and that's not just a matter of hitting submit again.  Oh no, if you just hit submit, you get told once again that the odds have changed (in case you missed it the first time).  You have to exit right out and start again.  Incredibly frustrating and on several occasions when I'm placing a bet close to start time I've been shut out.  Yes I know I shouldn't leave it so late, but they need to sort this out.

Anyone else finding this frustrating?  Anyone on here from the TAB who can explain??

(and don't tell me it's because of live betting on sports, because surely you can distinguish between live betting options and normal fixed odds options)

1 minute ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Those self serve terminals should have been sponsored by illegal pub bookies.  The self serve terminals do more for their turnover than anything else will.

It's ironic that the placement of proper TAB agencies in pubs was originally a TAB strategy to minimise the domestic leakage to Pub bookies. Worked pretty well. The removal of those agencies and replacement with these decrepit machines has certainly been a boost for the resurgence of illegal pub bookies. Clever stuff. Cost saving? Possibly. Net profit enhancing? I doubt it and probably as yet only the tip of the iceberg.

The myopic focus on international leakage might be misplaced.

10 minutes ago, Midget said:

Think about the halo effect though....or is that a sphincter ......

I'm pretty sure Thorndike never considered sphincter pressure ... but you may have a point.

Whatever, it still seems a bit silly to remove a strategy that solved a problem, and not replace it with one that will sustain that resolution.

On 17 July 2016 at 5:16 PM, N1MUE said:

Used to be a big fan of the self serve terminals (SSTs) at the TAB, but not so much anymore.

Regularly now when I'm putting a final field bet on I get a notification saying that the odds have changed and displaying the new odds, but not placing the bet.  

Previously they put the bet on and advised me of the change of odds, and I could then choose whether to keep or cancel the bet - that seemed to make good sense.   But no obviously not!

Now I have to frig around trying to get the bet on at the new odds - and that's not just a matter of hitting submit again.  Oh no, if you just hit submit, you get told once again that the odds have changed (in case you missed it the first time).  You have to exit right out and start again.  Incredibly frustrating and on several occasions when I'm placing a bet close to start time I've been shut out.  Yes I know I shouldn't leave it so late, but they need to sort this out.

Anyone else finding this frustrating?  Anyone on here from the TAB who can explain??

(and don't tell me it's because of live betting on sports, because surely you can distinguish between live betting options and normal fixed odds options)

If your odds change when your trying to place a bet you don't need to start again, just go back to the Runners tab at the top of screen and then click back into the amount one. Only takes 2-3 seconds. I personally prefer it than the bet accepting with the odds changed. Sometimes if something comes in 30 cents on betfair they often drop it $1. When your betting late sometimes it's too late to cancel.