RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Diver Dan

NZ Trotting Cup Fixed Odds

NEW ZEALAND TROTTING CUP
Option 999 | Futures Win

1 Brilliant Strike $101
2 Christen Me $8.00
3 Costa Del Magnifico $51
4 Field Marshal $15
5 Franco Nelson $26
6 Have Faith In Me $3.40
7 Hug The Wind $26
8 Hughie Green $31
9 Lazarus $4.50
10 Locharburn $11
11 Mossdale Conner $36
12 No Doctor Needed $61
13 Ohoka Punter $18
14 Smolda $5.50
15 Tiger Tara $13
16 Titan Banner $9.50

3 hours ago, richie said:

Field Marshall and Locharburn probably a bit over the odds.I already got on.Not getting too carried away at moment though,a long way to go.

Please tell me u r kidding this is a horrendous market with absolutely no value unless you banking on HFIM or Lazarus being a dominate favourite on the day

14 hours ago, Alittlebitofknowledge said:

Please tell me u r kidding this is a horrendous market with absolutely no value unless you banking on HFIM or Lazarus being a dominate favourite on the day

I can guarantee you that there is no way that Locharburn or Field Marshall will be at double odds come cup day unless something goes wrong between now and then.

I back horses that i think are overs now then back HFIM and Lazarus as their pecking order becomes more obvious.By cup time i will probably have 5 horses covered for win or place so that if faves win i wont lose but if one of Locharburn or Lazarus wins i will cream it.

12 hours ago, rangi said:

An absolute joke market with so many horses not listed and no Australian horses,that is if any will be coming and as usual no real value so far out with uncertainty surrounding so many runners

You can ask for odds on other horses and they will give them to you if you have something in mind.

Why dont you frame a market Rangi and we will see what you come up with

54 minutes ago, Jag1 said:

I'm pretty sure that Tim Butt said that Field Marshal was "doubtful" to start in the cup.  But things can change.

Yes he did but have heard since that Owners now quite keen to start.

1 hour ago, richie said:

I can guarantee you that there is no way that Locharburn or Field Marshall will be at double odds come cup day unless something goes wrong between now and then.

I back horses that i think are overs now then back HFIM and Lazarus as their pecking order becomes more obvious.By cup time i will probably have 5 horses covered for win or place so that if faves win i wont lose but if one of Locharburn or Lazarus wins i will cream it.

With all due respect you are the reason futures markets make money. There will be lucky to be more than 3 horses in single . However I am not here to insult you I will simply revisit this post on cup day with a 'told you so' .

-'Also the fact that locharburn has only managed to get through 10 starts in the last two years says he he might no even stand up to a cup campaign. But you take your 11$

36 minutes ago, Alittlebitofknowledge said:

With all due respect you are the reason futures markets make money. There will be lucky to be more than 3 horses in single . However I am not here to insult you I will simply revisit this post on cup day with a 'told you so' .

-'Also the fact that locharburn has only managed to get through 10 starts in the last two years says he he might no even stand up to a cup campaign. But you take your 11$

That is what is great about gambling,everybody has different ideas as to what value is.Every body tells me that Aussie markets are better value than NZ  but when i see the markets come up on twitter a lot of horses i like seem to be just as good as if not better on NZ TAB.Although some Galloping stables i stay clear of for the reason that they no value on any market.Saying that a winning $2 shot is better return  than a losing $4 shot.Every market generally makes money that is how the Tab keep going.

I would say that the last 5 years of the trotting cup i would be well and truly up on the futures betting and have used the same system each year.Monkey king opened up way overs compared to start price as di Terror to love,although only backed him twice.Adore Me was the only one i backed that year and her price was up and down like a yoyo throghout her campaign.Arden Rooney was one that i only got into late in the piece and was an afterthought but through my other bets i actually lost money on that race.However if Smolda had of won it would have been different

Thats not to say that this years i could flop and decide to change my strategy for next year,i know that there a risk that neither of mine will start,just the same as risk that HFIM and Lazarus are iffy at the start.However my strategy has worked for me lately and i will stick to it.

3 hours ago, richie said:

Yes he did but have heard since that Owners now quite keen to start.

Exciting horse but I'm not convinced he's a two-miler. September/October racing will surely be interesting.