RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

The Great? Race

I wouldn't expect any forum postings either......especially as Wellington are playing North Auckland tomorrow afternoon as well.

Exactly, Chris...

I loved Clive James' put-down of motor-racing:

Around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around until you get so excited you have to change channels and watch 'Celebrity Turkey Basting' instead...

Is it not so great anymore? Less than 24 hours to go and not a single post.

Isn't Dixon also racing very soon? I think he's fighting it out with a Scotsman and an Aussie for the Indy championship, or whatever it's called.

But the big event as far as NZ is concerned is the soccer, NZ v Bahrain, although you wouldn't know it judging by the number of posts in here about it.

But the big event as far as NZ is concerned is the soccer, NZ v Bahrain, although you wouldn't know it judging by the number of posts in here about it.

Surely the country isn't that hard up for sporting events that a soccer match is classed as "the big event"? :confused:

Surely the country isn't that hard up for sporting events that a soccer match is classed as "the big event"? :confused:

We had a "fight of century"last week.

Soccer/football is one of the worlds sports where if you ask who is Beckham,most will know.Ask who is Carter,none will know.Ask the question in the USA,they know Beckham,they won't know who Carter is let alone where NZ is.

Classic quote from a lady I worked with, 10-15 years ago her son went to the UK,he went to a game watching Chelsea,he couldn't believe the crowd,passion etc.Pissed myself when his mum told me,he thought because rugby was big in NZ,and we played the poms it was big in London,doh.And he was reasonably intelligent(an accountant)but talk about no idea others played anything but rugby,mind you his family were rugby mad.

Soccer/football is one of the worlds sports where if you ask who is Beckham,most will know.Ask who is Carter,none will know.Ask the question in the USA,they know Beckham,they won't know who Carter is let alone where NZ is.

Classic quote from a lady I worked with, 10-15 years ago her son went to the UK,he went to a game watching Chelsea,he couldn't believe the crowd,passion etc.Pissed myself when his mum told me,he thought because rugby was big in NZ,and we played the poms it was big in London,doh.And he was reasonably intelligent(an accountant)but talk about no idea others played anything but rugby,mind you his family were rugby mad.

And? Thats got what to do with the "Big Race"?

Ho ho ho

I hope you enjoyed getting up at 4.30am to watch 90 minutes of zzzzzzzzzzz.....

"The Beautiful Game" my arse!!

Ho ho ho

I hope you enjoyed getting up at 4.30am to watch 90 minutes of zzzzzzzzzzz.....

"The Beautiful Game" my arse!!

Don't recall saying I WAS getting up.Also was a time I'd watch the all blacks play(when I had sky)at anytime,alas if I wanted sky(pay tv with adds)and was worth getting I might watch.Was good waking up at 2.00am to watch tests as a little tacker,mum getting snacks and ready to go at 2.30am.Can't think of ever missing an all black test on Sunday morning from about 7-17yrs old.Usually watch the tests at a bar,but have attitude of rugby getting boring.Sure closer to world cup and watching world cup gets enthusiasm going,more so to see if we might not choke.

Is it not so great anymore? Less than 24 hours to go and not a single post.

Just my opinion - I don't think it is any longer the Great Race it once was,when they had a good variety of makes and classes of car,with the performance variations making for more exciting and more dangerous racing and the same can be said of any of the Enduro type racing,not just Bathurst.

Bring back "Godzilla" :cool: