RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tim vince

big fines

Another fab season for Moreira. Bolted in on the jockeys table in wins and just under 179 million HKD in total stakes earned. Not sure what % jockeys get in HK but plenty in the bank I would suggest. Tim, the fine would have come out of the the petty cash drawer!!

u right-  they get 10 percent  . 1000hk a ride I think. plus all the slings and sundry benefits very lucrative- last meeting of the season they fine and don't suspend- the going rate for careless riding is 2 days and a fine equal to 1 day riding fees in lieu of a third day.  the more u earn the more u  pay . k chiong has had a great season but she is in the room every

second race- sails close to the wind-  a million warnings- they love her up there being the only female.

the stakes are going up and six more meetings next season so more money for everybody

.the class fives which are the lowest graded horses ran for 600hk yesterday and the class 1  2.4million. different world.

Tim, he had 664 rides for the HK season so strike rate not too shabby. Don't think he rode that much outside of HK apart from carnivals in Melbourne and Sydney? You would have to say a good move from Singapore to Honkers a season or so back.

funnily enough word on the streets  is  I don't think the jockey club would be to upset if he left-apparently his domination does cause a decline in turnover - the other riders none too happy- apparently he can get on virtually what he likes no matter who previous rider.

I thought godolphin might have offered him a squillion.

his quinella strike rate amazing.

the biggest loser has been douglas whyte the king for so long- he had a very average season

I  can think of no reason why JM wont dominate again next year. Opie has done really well- I think now he is established he will get  winners consistently in the new season.

2 minutes ago, tim vince said:

funnily enough word on the streets  is  I don't think the jockey club would be to upset if he left-apparently his domination does cause a decline in turnover - the other riders none too happy- apparently he can get on virtually what he likes no matter who previous rider.

He is streets ahead that is why he can get on anything why would you not want him riding for you???. Not sure about the club wanting him to leave... he is their pin up boy....No doubt he is right up with the best in the world anywhere.

6 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

He is streets ahead that is why he can get on anything why would you not want him riding for you???. Not sure about the club wanting him to leave... he is their pin up boy....No doubt he is right up with the best in the world anywhere.

I would compare J Moreira to Lydia Ko.  Consistently good but when you want an enforcer who just happens to not unbalance the horse on the one occasion  then he is going to be undone. Thats why golfers such as Brooke Henderson will more than likely outplay Ko when on song in a head to head.

19 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

I would compare J Moreira to Lydia Ko.  Consistently good but when you want an enforcer who just happens to not unbalance the horse on the one occasion  then he is going to be undone. Thats why golfers such as Brooke Henderson will more than likely outplay Ko when on song in a head to head.

Thats why he gets on anything he wants a streets them in the premiership.... because he is consistently good???? You are talking through your pocket maybe??? The guy is a freak.

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

Thats why golfers such as Brooke Henderson will more than likely outplay Ko when on song in a head to head.

Really???. You have either never played golf or don't understand Lydia Ko,s incredible temperament . She is not No 1 for nothing,and I would back her in a head to head againsted anyone. A rather strange comment.

5 minutes ago, Trump said:

By the way Slam Duck, ask the average club golfer who Lydia Koh is - they will tell you. Ask them who Brooke Henderson is - they will look at you as if you are an alien. 

Actually on this site I a year ago I got stuck into the bookies due to fact they never had Brooke Henderson listed at all for an event. Eventually they put her up at 50:1 and she finished fifth but won the next week.

As a keen follower of womens golf (don't laugh) I can assure you that Brooke Henderson is a far better golfer than Lydia Ko its just the consistency that is the problem. And as an after thought the Thai girl Ariya Jutan.... can't spell the rest can blow them all away.

12 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Actually on this site I a year ago I got stuck into the bookies due to fact they never had Brooke Henderson listed at all for an event. Eventually they put her up at 50:1 and she finished fifth but won the next week.

As a keen follower of womens golf (don't laugh) I can assure you that Brooke Henderson is a far better golfer than Lydia Ko its just the consistency that is the problem. And as an after thought the Thai girl Ariya Jutan.... can't spell the rest can blow them all away.

Far better??. But it's just consistancy , right?. Then that makes Lydia better because she is consistent.  You are in La La land buddy. Lydia hasn't finished writing a huge chapter in woman's golf history. Brook Henderson isn't in the story. Full stop

Slammer, you assure us that Brooke is a better golfer than Lydia. That may well be your opinion. I think Brooke will provide Lydia with extra motivation to stay at No 1. Brooke is an exceptional talent and to get where she has today is exceptional. However, she is following in Lydia's footsteps, who has proven to be the One. The tussle is going to be great between these two very young golfers. But at the moment and purely through achievement and performance at the Majors - Lydia is No 1 and the best golfer in the world. It's up to Brooke to handle the pressure (as LK has done so far) and try to emulate Lydia. Brooke will not be No 1 this year. But in future years? It's all up tovBrooke handling the pressure and by your own comments (consistency) it's not a given. :)