RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
aquaman

A Message To The NZGRA.

The Board of GRNZ have failed us badly.     Unless they act immediately to address the basic requirements of the industry (ie. supply and demand and the welfare of all participants) then we run the risk of being closed down.     The National Animal Welfare Committee are currently reviewing greyhound welfare and looking into the tracing of dogs from birth onwards.    We are now under the scrutiny of the Racing Industry Board.    It has been obvious for some time that GRNZ have failed us badly with many seeing our industry as cruel and inhumane.   Their inaction has put all participants and their livelihoods at risk.     Recently I invested $2000 with a firm with an international reputation in animal breeding to produce a plan to investigate the genetics of our NZ greyhound population with the aim of turning our breeders into world leaders.   Their proposal, costing $47000 was submitted to GRNZ at my request with the aim of reducing "wastage", which is the root of the problem.   GRNZ's immediate reply was: "this is not something we intend to pursue at this time."    They also responded by releasing a lot of useless, out of date frozen semen at half price, encouraging our breeders to further increase "wastage".    How clever was that?    Hopefully they will not now allow a mass importation of dogs from Australia to add to the problem.     Look!    Our challenge is to reduce "wastage".   The present level is unacceptable to the general public.     How does importing solve it?    We can't rehome at present levels.

3 hours ago, legs&lashes said:

Once again Gordon poor knowledge is dangerous.He says only 1 or 2 pups kept from each litter .Where the hell did that come from

AC

He said it came from early intelligence on the report. The figures are now there for all to see.

Of the 97,783 greyhounds bred in the last 12 years, between 48,891 and 78,448 dogs were killed because they were deemed uncompetitive as racing dogs – this equates to a “wastage” rate of 50 to 70 per cent.

He may have been a bit out but if you need help with the maths, that means from a litter of 7, 70%=4.9 dogs killed, leaving 2.1.

Firstly a greyhounds life wasn't tracked that many years ago.Secondly they have no proof all these were destroyed.They don't factor in re homing, brood bitches, death of natural causes such as tumours seizures etc etc so those figures are nowhere near accurate.The same sensationalisation happens here with the nil antis making up shit.

AC

5 hours ago, aquaman said:

Once again, you just don't get it. I for one have not been ringing around broken and devastated owners and trainers in NSW's trying to capitalise on their misery. Know what i mean Craig, thinking they might cash in on cheap dogs like humane vultures, ring any bells Craig.

My concerns are for our own dogs. I hear Victoria, Queensland, South Australia have closed their borders to NSW's dogs. I think our border should be closed to.

I cannot see where i am taking advantage, i have 3 dogs, period. The only ones taking advantage are creeps that think they can all of a sudden get a supply of cheap dogs from a group of distraught owners and trainers.

And like you, i have had enough debate on this topic with you. Intelligent debate yes, but i have no time for selfish idiots to use your terminology, so over and out.

Haha you are a funny lttle man.Yes I have rung Ozzie.........Ive made 2 phone calls to Paul and Stu to express my sadness and offer some advice to them.

Once again you talk shit and make stuff up with no facts.Your little brain needs to take a vacation it must be stressed making up all this shit.

And please tell me where you heard the other states have closed their borders cos that's news to me and them.

21 minutes ago, legs&lashes said:

Haha you are a funny lttle man.Yes I have rung Ozzie.........Ive made 2 phone calls to Paul and Stu to express my sadness and offer some advice to them.

Once again you talk shit and make stuff up with no facts.Your little brain needs to take a vacation it must be stressed making up all this shit.

And please tell me where you heard the other states have closed their borders cos that's news to me and them.

I do believe Victoria are discussing this issue but have not made any decisions as of yet, haven't heard anything about the other states though

Hi guys, I see something's don't change between people. I have not had dogs for a few years now but I still believe Greyhound racing is just the same as farming sheep, cattle, deer, goat,[ which is the most eaten meat in the world]. All of you have chosen to farm greyhounds as with all animals you have your good ones and not so good ones. If we were in the  Philippines dog meat would be sold just the same as all other meats. All you can do for your dogs is give them the best life you can until they have past their used by date then you rehome them or put them down, just the same as cattle etc. They all go to the works at some stage. I had a townie out at our please the other night and she saw we had some pet lambs she asked what will happen to them, they will be in the frezzer before xmas I said, but you are feeding them. She will go to the supermarket on the way home and have to pay for it. It cost the same to feed a fast one as a slow one.  If they get put down there will be a reason for this broken bones ,seizures, and of coarse the worst one just to slow.

And before you all jump on me I have a 10yr Greyhound on the couch and have just spent $500 on her teeth{bloody bitch}

Brian Richards        

I think that a lot of people in this thread have misunderstood John's original post. It seems to me that he argues that a sudden influx of imports is going to destabilise the NZ system in that there will be a bigger sudden surplus of dogs and thus redundancies. Who copes with these or  how do we cope with those. Someone said we need another 5 GAP farms in one area. If John is not heeded that could very well be 10 and just ain't going to happen.

3 minutes ago, GOM said:

I think that a lot of people in this thread have misunderstood John's original post. It seems to me that he argues that a sudden influx of imports is going to destabilise the NZ system in that there will be a bigger sudden surplus of dogs and thus redundancies. Who copes with these or  how do we cope with those. Someone said we need another 5 GAP farms in one area. If John is not heeded that could very well be 10 and just ain't going to happen.

Finally, somebody gets it.

In all walks of life, when you have an issue which people are passionate about, such as animal welfare, if you do not provide the public with complete information they will fill in the gaps themselves.  

Where is the greyhound fraternity in all of this with their stats to rebut the information that the anti's are putting up?

Nowhere, because no one in the sport actually knows what happens to all of the dogs that have been bred.    

Kind of highlights the problem though doesn't it, Lad?  That these figures weren't immediately available to be put up in support of Greyhound Racing?

Whether it's the case or not, it's certainly going to look to Joe Public that the sport really doesn't have a handle on dog welfare issues.

Well done NZGRA. Limiting the imports to 20 a month, or 240 a year is about right. This is much better than my idea to close the boarder with NSW's dogs. With this new policy along with the new stake structure, we are heading in the right direction.

On 7/9/2016 at 0:37 PM, alltheway!!! said:

I hope you are having a laugh with this one? How was PAW responsible for this? last I checked, he gets 85% of dogs to the track an around 70% of them are city class. If anything, breeders should be wanting to know how someone like him has been so successful. Most breeders would b lucky if there stats were that good

No wonder you are a 'hobby' trainer with this sort of talk

well all theway im still waiting on your facts and figures   as to my estimate he gets no more than 25 per cent          if you worked on your figures he would currently have  540 dogs racing ill await your reply

12 minutes ago, gary1 said:

well all theway im still waiting on your facts and figures   as to my estimate he gets no more than 25 per cent          if you worked on your figures he would currently have  540 dogs racing ill await your reply

Don't hold your breath Gary, simple fact is, dog farmers cull out anything that does not measure up as a race dog, and are a part of the problem.

I hope you are having a laugh with this one? How was PAW responsible for this? last I checked, he gets 85% of dogs to the track an around 70% of them are city class. If anything, breeders should be wanting to know how someone like him has been so successful. Most breeders would b lucky if there stats were that good

still waiting your facts all  the way or is it you dont know what your talking about

Well done Greg Kerr. I think the measured approach the NZGRA are taking over the importation of Greyhounds is the correct one. They are putting the focus on our own racing stock, and are front footing any imbalance that may occur through NSW's misfortune.

now alltheway we know the above facts are incorrect and you have been asked several times to supply evidence  anyway lets move on can you answer this as you know so much about wheelers   why are so many of his dogs none chasers  if you want facts 7 out of the 8 racing today all have racing offences

10 minutes ago, gary1 said:

now alltheway we know the above facts are incorrect and you have been asked several times to supply evidence  anyway lets move on can you answer this as you know so much about wheelers   why are so many of his dogs none chasers  if you want facts 7 out of the 8 racing today all have racing offences

Wow generalising all of Wheelers dogs on one days racing ? Surely you need to change your question to " why are so many in today's card non chasers " ??? 

On 2017-6-13 at 10:39 AM, it's a ballroom said:

Wow generalising all of Wheelers dogs on one days racing ? Surely you need to change your question to " why are so many in today's card non chasers " ??? 

I see your  point but I wonder how many are racing in Australia or are they just sending  all their non chasers to nz

How about you substantiate your claim Gary, You say alltheway is wrong so you prove how he is wrong and come up with your own stats to prove it.

I could easily obtain those stats but then Im sure they would be questioned anyway.

It is and has been obvious for years why a lot of the non chasers come here and I know that from my kennel more than 80% have raced without problems.

AC

On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 7:52 AM, legs&lashes said:

How about you substantiate your claim Gary, You say alltheway is wrong so you prove how he is wrong and come up with your own stats to prove it.

I could easily obtain those stats but then Im sure they would be questioned anyway.

It is and has been obvious for years why a lot of the non chasers come here and I know that from my kennel more than 80% have raced without problems.

AC

Well let's see AC  seen as you know wheeler so well would l be right in saying he breeds around 400 pups a year know going by all the ways comments earlier which you agreed with he states 85% of his dogs that he breed get to the track now my maths tell me that would be around 340 dogs he has racing and as you say 95% race in Vic that would be 323 can you point them out to me

On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 7:52 AM, legs&lashes said:

AC

Just to clarify things a bit further for you Craig and your mate alltheway I don't have to substantiate my claim as I wasn't the one that posted the original figures but anyway seen as you haven't replied I'll add to my facts remember he is breeding every year so that means  he will have double the number running so roughly 600 plus can you and alltheway name the dogs

On 6/16/2017 at 5:52 AM, legs&lashes said:

AC

how we going craig with those stats  i wonder if paul is going to donate to gap in nz like aust