RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Palmy Panther

Greyhound Racing Banned in NSW

From g-data:

"At this stage I suspect this is another story broken to / by the media, without the facts fully known / revealed.

As far as I would understand it, it isn't "passed" yet ... If so, there's a lot of water to flow under the bridge yet ....

How about we GALVANISE and UNITE, and FIGHT?

So where has the State Authority (or Authorities) been until now in contesting and correcting the BULLSHIT numbers bandied around?

Where have our so-called "representative" Bodies been? Farking patting each other on the backs!

It's time to FIGHT!!!! Maybe it could be "now or never" .... is that serious enough?"

I suggest you get down off your high horse Scooby, you think your precious thoroughbred industry won't be next on the antis list?

I find it disgusting that you are stabbing our industry in the back, you are not exactly squeeky clean yourself, what happens to all the horses that don't make it Scooby, do you have them all in your paddocks at home?

But we don't tie them to things when they are still alive.... yes the racing industry has SOME issues, but to do what brought all this about, tie live things to see them ripped apart... how is that good for anyone or anything. Not on any high horse I used to race dogs with Nancy Cobain years ago... but what these animals did to start all this digging is disgraceful.

No just stating the facts as to why this HAPPENED... once people have a reason to dig they dig.... no point howling no the chickens are coming home to roost...if the problem had been dealt with much earlier this would not have happened... but it has and YOUR industry needs to look at itself and ask why????

I think then the answer is pretty clear. My attitude is simply stating what I believe started this investigation... which found out much more than at first thought.

Cheers.

Yeah, sharpened spurs, battery charged whips, aren't cruel at all. They ban dog racing this is the same mob that banned jump racing and that still persists world wide, NSW racing doesn't control everything, don't fret all I see is some good value dogs becoming available! get out your cheque books every cloud has a silver lining!

33 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

But we don't tie them to things when they are still alive.... yes the racing industry has SOME issues, but to do what brought all this about, tie live things to see them ripped apart... how is that good for anyone or anything. Not on any high horse I used to race dogs with Nancy Cobain years ago... but what these animals did to start all this digging is disgraceful.

How about some facts. Put up or shut up. How many caught doing this in NZ. You are full of crap, and no facts.

Scooby there are rogues in all industrys and it appears that you are taking the side thats tarring all greyhound people with that brush in my view.

If 100 people got pinged doing 130km on the open road is that a reason to drop the speed limit to 90km for the rest of the drivers.

2 minutes ago, lad27 said:

Scooby there are rogues in all industrys and it appears that you are taking the side thats tarring all greyhound people with that brush in my view.

If 100 people got pinged doing 130km on the open road is that a reason to drop the speed limit to 90km for the rest of the drivers.

or ban cars full stop ?

1 hour ago, lad27 said:

From g-data:

"At this stage I suspect this is another story broken to / by the media, without the facts fully known / revealed.

As far as I would understand it, it isn't "passed" yet ... If so, there's a lot of water to flow under the bridge yet ....

How about we GALVANISE and UNITE, and FIGHT?

So where has the State Authority (or Authorities) been until now in contesting and correcting the BULLSHIT numbers bandied around?

Where have our so-called "representative" Bodies been? Farking patting each other on the backs!

It's time to FIGHT!!!! Maybe it could be "now or never" .... is that serious enough?"

From my understand ing, the premier of NSW has proposed this to happen, the NSW senate have to agree upon this for it to happen and IMO, they would be mad to do so, there will be many people out of pocket if this happens, not just the directly employed and owner/trainers in an already struggling economy.

If NSW can show they are capable of reforming, than there is still a glimer of hope for those participants in NSW.

BuI do agree with Scooby till a point, the people practicing live baiting started this inquiry which has led to other parts of the industry also being scrutinized (mainly the euthanasia and injury side of the sport) and sadly, if greyhound racing can't reform to 21st century standards, it is only a mater of time before this industry is shut down and forgotten, aswel as the harness and thouroubreds