RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gary Sharp

Sud Dogs.

I'm looking for a stud dog in the Auckland or Waikato areas for my newly retired (due to injury) bitch to do a natural service for her first one.

I'm looking for a good middle distance runner to go with her & what sort of price or deals are available. I will also be looking at getting straws for her next lot also from middle distance runners.

I did have a couple in mind for the first lot but distance was the only issue I had so will be looking at getting straws from those ones.

Might pay to name the bitch? Probably a good idea to find the right stud dog whether natural or frozen rather than picking a natural one just because it's ' close and cheap '... You pay for what you get IMO. No point doing it on the cheap.

15 minutes ago, GONSTA said:

Might pay to name the bitch? Probably a good idea to find the right stud dog whether natural or frozen rather than picking a natural one just because it's ' close and cheap '... You pay for what you get IMO. No point doing it on the cheap.

Her name is Chris' Pride. The only reason we're looking for some one close for the first one is cause she doesn't travel to well for some reason.

Edited by Gary Sharp
added more to it.

1 hour ago, lad27 said:

Was looking at Piggy Back or Blitzing Mayhem for a natural & getting straws from Dyna Vikkers & Cawbourne Crouch. Crouch & Vikkers were at the top of the list then I remembered that Sally ( Chris's Pride) doesn't travel to well hence the reason for now go with looking at getting straws from them.

Will be talking to Sally's Aunty Kathy tomorrow at the track is she is there about it.

Edited by Gary Sharp
added more to the reply

Hi Gary

Not sure if Matt has registered Crouch for stud yet,but he would be a great choice as after he fractured his leg he raced unbelieveably well with such an injury.

Also if you are looking for strength and speed Vikkers is the obvious choice and there should always be straws avaliable

AC

6 minutes ago, legs&lashes said:

Hi Gary

Not sure if Matt has registered Crouch for stud yet,but he would be a great choice as after he fractured his leg he raced unbelieveably well with such an injury.

Also if you are looking for strength and speed Vikkers is the obvious choice and there should always be straws avaliable

AC

Thanks for that Craig.

2 hours ago, legs&lashes said:

Hi Gary

AC

gary in all fairness why would you use crouch go back thru the family and see what has been produced as for vikkers he would be a better option  but i would not use him as he had early problems  they may say he is related to a good family but really how many stud dogs produce out of the same family it comes down to your bitches breeding i think  which my opinion probably doesnt mean much  would be blitzing mayhem  otherwise get an aussie straw

Hey Gary, i think i would be thinking twice before breeding. It takes two years to realise a litter through to fruition, and very dark clouds are looming in this industry in light of whats happening. I have a well bred broadbitch whom shall remain empty, as i see no long term future for pups now. Until the environment becomes clearer, now is not a good time to be breeding. Only my thoughts. All the best if you decide to breed.

7 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Hey Gary, i think i would be thinking twice before breeding. It takes two years to realise a litter through to fruition, and very dark clouds are looming in this industry in light of whats happening. I have a well bred broadbitch whom shall remain empty, as i see no long term future for pups now. Until the environment becomes clearer, now is not a good time to be breeding. Only my thoughts. All the best if you decide to breed.

yes I have one to mate up this week ..... is it worth it???? there wont any racing left oh well back to grass roots racing for fun not money!!!

at least there wont be any cheats around when racing for fun