RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Testify

Qualifying trials.

Seeing how many horse trials are on trackside makes me wonder why greyhound qualifying trials are not being played also. When a dog coming into racing qualifies you see the placing and the time of the winner, that gives punters and viewers very little information on the dogs racing styles. Almost making it a blind punt, for example a dog could meet trouble in a qualifying trial, miss the jump or be a wide runner and punters/viewers wouldn't know. Maybe just a thought to the "powers" to try a possibly positive idea into the sport? 

The dog qualifying trials are different from the other two codes Testify .

In horses instance as you well know they have trial days where several or even more trials are run one after the other and make up a  substantial TV segment , whereas in the dogs there is often the one trial or maybe two, so the TV segment would be that short it would be hard to make it worthwhile.

As far as punting goes I think the racing manager of NZGRA is putting forward a remit concerning trial times including workout times to be added

information available for greyhounds.

43 minutes ago, GOM said:

In horses instance as you well know they have trial days where several or even more trials are run one after the other and make up a  substantial TV segment , whereas in the dogs there is often the one trial or maybe two, so the TV segment would be that short it would be hard to make it worthwhile.

As far as punting goes I think the racing manager of NZGRA is putting forward a remit concerning trial times including workout times to be added

Fair point GOM, but I do believe there should be somewhere created for people to be able to see qualifying trials, perhaps on the dogs website instead, as you are right it wouldn't make a substantial TV segment. Cheers.

3 hours ago, howrude said:

According to a few Stipendary stewards they have informed me that in the next year or 2 that either the nzgra site or trackside will be showing qualifying trials for greyhound racing. 

Yay greyhounds are up to date .in a year or 2 there will be no greyhound racing the way nzgra are moving forward!!

10 hours ago, GOM said:

you can actually watch performance trial of the nsw dogs on there website there should be no reason why nzgra cant do it

10 hours ago, GOM said:

They have video coverage of qualy trials now. There is not a reason why these couldn't be added to the meeting replays Mike. They sometimes play them on trackside when pushing for a particular dog for punting. I have personally gone to the Stipes and requested to see a qualy trial.

15 hours ago, Testify said:

Seeing how many horse trials are on trackside makes me wonder why greyhound qualifying trials are not being played also. When a dog coming into racing qualifies you see the placing and the time of the winner, that gives punters and viewers very little information on the dogs racing styles. Almost making it a blind punt, for example a dog could meet trouble in a qualifying trial, miss the jump or be a wide runner and punters/viewers wouldn't know. Maybe just a thought to the "powers" to try a possibly positive idea into the sport? 

It would be nice to see the Quali trials from other areas around the country so that way when we look at the fields for first starters we can go & have a look at it to see what their running style is like.

Another thing I would like to see is a site where all trial times with sectionals are uploaded for punters to go & have a look at a dog that hasn't raced in a while or is just starting out to see what sort of times they are doing.