RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Insider

Per Incanto & Zacinto

The above are two very good young stallions standing "outside" the main breeding areas of Auckland and the Waikato.

In "your" option who do you think will turn out the best? 

I know that we will have to wait a few years for a definitive answer, but in the meantime I would like to know your thoughts. 

In my humble worthless opinion , Per Incanto needs a big horse and soon otherwise he seems to be heading down the road of bread and Butter stallion a bit like a Sandtrap type stallion and I struggled to see how he stands for $15k 40% wnrs/rnrs . He is $5k more than a champion stallion in Pentire and $10k less than Pins! he also is twice the price of stable mate Nadeem who is currently hitting 67% wnrs/rnr and having had to do it the hard way mostly in Aus.

Zacinto certainly seems and intriguing stallion going into his first crop of 3yos, in my eyes at this point in time if you had to choose between the two you'd be mad to not go to Zacinto such is his potential. 

Huey, thank you for your very considered opinion. 

Did you see the Zacinto two year old in Melbourne today that finished a very close 2nd = to the highly touted winner.

They are talking about the Cauldfield Guineas for the winner, so the second horse(s) must have real ability, so close was the finish. 

Most stallions don't live up to the hype given when they first arrive, and Per Incanto will (IMHO) be just another also ran. One or two good horses from a first crop doesn't translate into a success, but the studs are very quick to up the service fee on the back of a couple of promising types. Certainly doesn't justify more than a 6-7k service fee in my view.

1 hour ago, bazach said:

Most stallions don't live up to the hype given when they first arrive, and Per Incanto will (IMHO) be just another also ran. One or two good horses from a first crop doesn't translate into a success, but the studs are very quick to up the service fee on the back of a couple of promising types. Certainly doesn't justify more than a 6-7k service fee in my view.

Reading comments like this just reinforces the view that most mare owners have no idea of the commercial realities of the stud business.

It also reinforces why most will never breed a decent horse but will always moan when they can't sell their crap yearlings sired by useless stallions at the sales.

Obviously studmasters have to make hay while the sun shines in this fickle industry - A sire can be doing a good job and be knocked and it could have potential and people are all over them. Its like Tavistock he probably isn't worth $65K on paper at the moment and he is doing a solid job but the market demands  $65K and is full so who am I to say otherwise.. Same with Per Incanto, probably served a full book at 15K last year so good on the studs if they fill the books at the set fee. It's a business afterall 

On 7/4/2016 at 7:52 PM, fitzy said:

Reading comments like this just reinforces the view that most mare owners have no idea of the commercial realities of the stud business.

It also reinforces why most will never breed a decent horse but will always moan when they can't sell their crap yearlings sired by useless stallions at the sales.

Or it illustrates a lot of breeders have more money than sense and love hype, promotion and glossy pictures in choosing a potential consort for their mares.

On 7/4/2016 at 7:52 PM, fitzy said:

Fitzy ...... thats not a nice comment.   Breeders choice so be it.

Have to say though if you do breed to race don't look at the sales to sell, Go to the races and fingers crossed you have bred something special.... then sell$$$$