RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Double R

Surprised with which trainer has the most horses currently in work.

As an old codger and have a bit of time on my hands, I did a check on NZTR website to see how many horses trainers have in work. I do find it interesting to do a bit of investigating, and the information adds more clutter to my mind.

I was surprised that Allan Sharrock has the most horses in work at 187.  The Rogerson's have 185, Baker/Forsman have 172, Autridge/Richards have 141.

Cheers.

Robert.

Hi Tinker,

If you go into nzracing website and then into racing info, and then trainers, you can see a list of every trainer that has won a race this season, and click on any trainer you wish and their information comes up including their number of horses in work.

It is fascinating to see just how many or few horses trainers have in work.

Cheers.

Robert.

19 hours ago, Double R said:

Oh well, I guess I should have known better than to think the information would be up to date.

I have just had another look and Kevin Morton has 13 horses in training, so enough said.

Robert.

No he has none in work, DUE TO OUR LEADERSHIP OR LACK OF IT,but I have one at a pre trainer.You couldn't expect NZTR to update their records with the small number employed by them.

Guest 2Admin2

Trainers - withhold you license fee payments until NZTR gets their data up to date.

Hi Kevin,

Have you ever considered changing codes to Harness Racing? I think you might have had the odd share in a harness horse at some stage.

No worries about meetings being called off due to track conditions, and hence the security and piece of mind to be able to set a preparation in concrete for horses.

As from 1st August, and in some areas now, a guaranteed $400 per horse starting incentive.

Kevin, you have some much to give the horse industry, and perhaps the Harness followers could cash in on your experience and logical thinking.

Cheers.

Robert.

That's a good idea, but will I need a kid's cart sulky because my legs are really short.

That starters incentive sounds great too, who drove that initiative and has it been effective where they've trialled it ?

Thanks

The initiative was from Harness Racing New Zealand, and it is divided up with $250 to the owners and $150 to the trainer.

It was been fast tracked and currently used by the Auckland Trotting Club, and goes nationwide in the new season.

No problem with you fitting into the cart, as the the seats are adjustable.

Give it some thought.

Robert.

5 hours ago, Leggy said:

20 hours ago, Double R said:

The initiative was from Harness Racing New Zealand, and it is divided up with $250 to the owners and $150 to the trainer.

It was been fast tracked and currently used by the Auckland Trotting Club, and goes nationwide in the new season.

No problem with you fitting into the cart, as the the seats are adjustable.

Give it some thought.

Robert.

I did live in West Melton for a number of years,so I got to know a lot of the good people in Harness.I got to talked into buying a Sokys Atom 2yo for 24k for half a share,sadly she bowed a Tendon and never raced but left a couple of handy horses,she missed to Auckland Reactor this year so will try again this season.I did have one which John Dunn and I  owned,that won 3 races and got sold to Australia.

It is clear to me that Harness has got some smart people running it,s Industry,which cannot be said for the Thoroughbred code and that is the reason we are on a downward spiral and the report that Leggy posted confirms that.

Its actually up the Trainer to update the status of his horses, Its called Stable Returns and when a horse leaves your stable for good you put Finish Date on your Stable Return, NZTR don't know what is finished unless you tell them!

On 6/22/2016 at 5:31 AM, Leggy said:

Who'd have thought supporting the grass roots of the sport at stakes level would be a good idea :rolleyes:

NZTR just appaer to have no initiative , no plan B and show a total inability to listen to stakeholders about whats needed.

At the very least the Free Racing  Model should be revisited.

22 minutes ago, Huey said:

Who'd have thought supporting the grass roots of the sport at stakes level would be a good idea :rolleyes:

NZTR just appaer to have no initiative , no plan B and show a total inability to listen to stakeholders about whats needed.

At the very least the Free Racing  Model should be revisited.

It's bizarre. A year or so later, they admitted that scrapping free racing was a mistake, then never re-implemented it. Wtf? Too many other agendas to benefit particular interest groups in the short term outweighed the benefit of the larger industry in the longer term.