RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
legs&lashes

office girls

I have heard that 3 of the girls from the office have lost their job???

Surely this cant be right as I know 2 of those people are a huge help to us license holders and absolutely love greyhound racing and live it just like we do.And the other one seems to do her joib in fine fashion.

Who would be responsible for making this decision and what would be the reasons behind it???

It seems to me that no one is taking responsibility for making the decision.My opinion is something like this would have to be sanctioned by the board,however I know someone asked a board member and he told her that it he knew nothing about it! bahahahaha

Can someone please shed some light on this as I am struggling to believe it.

AC

Yes, was talking to one of the girls yesterday, she says they are being kept on until the end of July to train up someone new. They are rightly upset. Defies logic. To my mind, they are the only ones at head office worth keeping. Its the other hanger on's that should be sent packing. Clubs should tell them to pull their heads in, and get rid of a few surplus ones up the food chain.

Under what context have these ladies lost their jobs. The work is obviously still.there to be done. I hope they are thinking of going down the legal path as this sounds like unfair dismissal unless the content.of the role has changed significantly and requires a totally.different skill set which would not be so in this case I suspect.  Is.there anything we can do as a collective to help them?

I did bring this up in another thread a little while ago but I'm glad it's got it's own thread now because the more I hear about this the more it stinks! Gary to answer your question...from a reliable source Debbie,JJ and Carol have been made redundant or 'sacked'. The reason? Restructure. Only problem is I don't believe new chief executive has done his due diligence before sacking the most hard working,reliable trio in the office. Not to mention you actually see Debbie and JJ at dog meetings, a knowledge and actual involvement that has stood for nothing whilst making this 'business decision'. There's more to greyhound racing than business, it's about people,grassroots, passion. There will be more to come out of this....

7 hours ago, Lowdown said:

I did bring this up in another thread a little while ago but I'm glad it's got it's own thread now because the more I hear about this the more it stinks! Gary to answer your question...from a reliable source Debbie,JJ and Carol have been made redundant or 'sacked'. The reason? Restructure. Only problem is I don't believe new chief executive has done his due diligence before sacking the most hard working,reliable trio in the office. Not to mention you actually see Debbie and JJ at dog meetings, a knowledge and actual involvement that has stood for nothing whilst making this 'business decision'. There's more to greyhound racing than business, it's about people,grassroots, passion. There will be more to come out of this....

What chance has this sport? I said a few years back that it may not survive, let's be honest the wanker activists, I wonder are they vegiterians, lol, the powers to be even listening to them, the stupid decisions they make the powers to be make with the funds, now laying off staff to put in who they like because the job has been renamed lol and people gave shit suggesting the sport may not make it, you can't call the lure a bunny lol look at what the bunny has done to our farms lol let's hope the powers to be are really for this great sport and not trying to close shop, atleast the doggies love this sport and don't need to be whipped to keep running lol long live greyhound racing I love this game and all the best to the ladies involved, very sad, shame on the powers to be

10 hours ago, Lowdown said:

Let's hope their passion and talents are kept in the NZ racing scene somehow I have known JJ for many years and she oozes talent and pure unharnessed passion for the dogs that money or restructure can't buy!!!!

11 hours ago, Lowdown said:

Thanks for that LD. Why the hell are they getting rid of JJ when she is 1 of the people holding that place together & knows what she is doing. JJ has always been very helpful & a joy to talk to when ever Wendy ( Chris's Prides trainer) or I ring to find something out.

They should be getting rid of the people who don't know a damn thing about our industry & keep the people that do know. The ones that do know anything about our industry shouldn't be getting sacked they should be getting promoted or at least getting a pay rise.

I can't see these new people that they get in being able to handle or answer the tough questions that we have. They will be always going to ask someone the answer & will more then likely never get back to us. JJ most of the time knew the answers to the tough questions & if she didn't she would either put you through to someone that does know or she would go & find out so she did know incase the question was asked again. JJ would always ring you back no more then 30mins of ask her something to let you know what she has found out.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:26 AM, jasonmccook1 said:

Let's hope their passion and talents are kept in the NZ racing scene somehow I have known JJ for many years and she oozes talent and pure unharnessed passion for the dogs that money or restructure can't buy!!!!

I agree with you there Jason, JJ's passion for the dogs is bigger than some owners in my opinion. She is an inspiration, if anyone seen her latest post on facebook how she helped someone In need. it's incredible, JJ has a heart of gold. She works in the office industry of dogs, but she still comes to race meetings with Matt out of pure enjoyment, everyone loves them and respects them. So many people think this was the wrong decision made by the office, and I agree by saying that the office have lost one of their biggest assets.

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 6:20 AM, Eagle Eye said:

What chance has this sport? I said a few years back that it may not survive, let's be honest the wanker activists, I wonder are they vegiterians, lol, the powers to be even listening to them, the stupid decisions they make the powers to be make with the funds, now laying off staff to put in who they like because the job has been renamed lol and people gave shit suggesting the sport may not make it, you can't call the lure a bunny lol look at what the bunny has done to our farms lol let's hope the powers to be are really for this great sport and not trying to close shop, atleast the doggies love this sport and don't need to be whipped to keep running lol long live greyhound racing I love this game and all the best to the ladies involved, very sad, shame on the powers to be

I don't think the powers to be need any shame at all we don't know who they are yet

Just caught up with the news. The only way for management to look good is to get rid of the industry people who actually know what they are doing.  Can't have management look

incompetent (even if everyone knows they are).  Good luck to the girls and my advice is take them for wrongful dismissal.

Looking on the dogs website and they are advertising for a racing admin/registrar job. I am confused they let people go that were more than capable to do (and were already doing) that job and now they are hiring for the job that they said was surplus to requirements ???

5 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

Looking on the dogs website and they are advertising for a racing admin/registrar job. I am confused they let people go that were more than capable to do (and were already doing) that job and now they are hiring for the job that they said was surplus to requirements ???

That is illegal so the job must not be the same ye right  

1 hour ago, Cantab52 said:

You have.90 days girls to.put.in a personal grievance. Do it. These clowns should not be able to walk over the hard working people who actually love the dogs and the industry cos they don't appear to. 

Will think you'll find the girls were given a sizeable cash payout so would imagine there rights to take it further would be snuffed out by them accepting a large cash payout..