RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pottsie

Any Computer geeks out there

Having strange problem while watching races on my laptop. During the race, the horses run for 5 seconds and then pause for 1 second and then run again for another 5 seconds and then pause for 1 second etc etc. The commentary doesn't pause but the horses after that pause have moved to be in line with the commentary. It doesn't happen to any video /u tube only on TAB Trackside. And no , I'm not pissed and have others watch to confirm that this happens.

Any one got any ideas on how to fix.

Cheers

Guest 2Admin2

Either your Internet connection is slow or the TAB are not providing sufficient streaming bandwidth.  I suspect both.  Contrary to what we are told we are held to ransom in terms of bandwidth - close to third world.

1 hour ago, 2Admin2 said:

Either your Internet connection is slow or the TAB are not providing sufficient streaming bandwidth.  I suspect both.  Contrary to what we are told we are held to ransom in terms of bandwidth - close to third world.

sigh.... I stream a lot... at certain times, like when school gets out, or on the weekend around 5pm it all slows down.... just about totally  given up on NZTAB...  though! having said all that! Fiber has just been laid in our street, it will be interesting to see what happens then!

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Unless you are running Safari, when it won't work.....:rolleyes:

Interesting, other than Safari on my iPhone I doubt that I am running Safari on my laptop yet Glary has kept it running crisply for years. 

I am no geek, I can only tell you that my current (newest but still three year old) laptop works faster than many of my friends one do. 

I put it down to Glary too!

I got his when I tried to place a bet just before.......not the first time either.

It never lasts for long but still an annoyance.

Retry for a live version

This page (https://www.tab.co.nz/racing/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses CloudFlare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by CloudFlare | Hide this Alert

TABTAB

News AlertToday's Sandown (Melbourne) Quaddie will terminate with a minimum pool of $10,000! Starts at 5:00pmMore info Bet now 
Next to go

NZ:

10:07:47

Start:

Next 5 TV Races to go
Fixed Odds (Final field)
Fixed Odds (other)
Today
16 Jun 2016
17 Jun 2016
18 Jun 2016

• Latest Results
  • All
  • Last Result
  • No results found for today
  • All

Thanks for your help Race Cafeers. Will try your suggestion and if not work will take into computer shop, probably it's like me and needs a good tune up and clean out.

Cheers

On 14/06/2016 at 8:56 PM, barryb said:

8 ball, you can get Gigatown in Dunedin. get that and you will never have issues again.

by chance the cables have been laid in our Street last week!  (we live 3ks from Uni, its been a long wait!), but not to sure when we will be able to connect up to them... even then! I'm so poisoned by 'things nz racing' I very much doubt I will be betting on there 'product', to tainted for me.... sigh! can't believe how 'bitter and twisted' I've become! of something I have held so dear....  very pessimist going forward, depression-ally so...

ps. I still owe you a reply to you other post! have had Window10 computer problems... back up and running now and will comment on that post tonight!

Have found the problem. I downloaded Windows 10 a few weeks ago, got sick of it popping up and asking for me to download. Computer shop checked and found no other issues but said Windows 10 have caused alot of problems for their clients and so had it put back to Windows 8 and now it's perfect. Shop said they'd had to reverse alot of clients back to 8 as windows 10 upgade had caused many problems. If windows 10 already in new computer that's okay, it's only when you download onto laptop/computer.

Guest 2Admin2
On 14/06/2016 at 7:22 PM, Behind the 8 Ball said:

sigh.... I stream a lot... at certain times, like when school gets out, or on the weekend around 5pm it all slows down.... just about totally  given up on NZTAB...  though! having said all that! Fiber has just been laid in our street, it will be interesting to see what happens then!

Guest 2Admin2
34 minutes ago, Pottsie said:

Have found the problem. I downloaded Windows 10 a few weeks ago, got sick of it popping up and asking for me to download. Computer shop checked and found no other issues but said Windows 10 have caused alot of problems for their clients and so had it put back to Windows 8 and now it's perfect. Shop said they'd had to reverse alot of clients back to 8 as windows 10 upgade had caused many problems. If windows 10 already in new computer that's okay, it's only when you download onto laptop/computer.

No windows 10 is OK.  But what few users and technicians realise is that because of the complete revamp of the OS it takes an age to upgrade.  I've upgraded quite a few desktops and laptops and my recommendation is to leave it connected to the Internet and walk away.  It will come right.

However going back to win 8 is a mistake.