RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Jape

Silver Collar 2016

Brilliant staying performances from Teemaria and Shandell to quinella this year's edition.

Congratulations to the Lawrences and their team. They reign supreme when it comes to the maximum distances.

And I must include a "well done" to Rosemary Blackburn who does the breaking-in for Arch and Gloria. Excellent work.

On a different tack I must admit I was surprised to note that the Silver Collar and the NZ Stayers' Cup are so close together this year. Finals on 12 June and 30 June respectively. Last season they were 7 June and 3 July.

You are right Jape and the probable reason it has had little comment is because of your third sentence. Arch and Gloria had a dream and made it come true. Nearly everyone expected the outcome. What I like about it is Arch tried different avenues for that success ( imports etc ) and found the magic bullet in stout NZ bloodlines as he commented after the race.

Must agree on the timing of the two biggest staying races in the country, not much thought has gone into that.