RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Bloody Well Done Tony! Congratulations.

What a fantastic day for Tony Pike and his team.

Three starters in G1 races at Eagle farm today for two super impressive wins by Sacred Elixir in the J.J.Atkins and Provocative in the Queensland Oaks with a very good fifth by Sacred Star in the Stradbroke.

Well planned and executed by Tony and highlighted a fantastic 2015/2016 season for his stable.

Congratulations and bloody well done Tony, may there be plenty more to come. 

2 hours ago, slam dunk said:

This is a bit like Ray Verner when he won multiple Group ones on the same day in OZ.

Hate to say it but Tony Pike is getting more impressive results than Ray Verner ever did.

How long before we lose him to NZ too...only a matter of time maybe???

He had the cattle to do it and did it well. Both his winners looked like their breaking in and early education were done very professionally. A bit like the old Colin Jillings way. They were well prepared for their big day and both their lead up runs at Caloundra and Ipswich showed them up as very settled animals. Their lead ups were sensational and Sacred Elixer's Sires run was the final confirmation that it was a winner next start. But his Caloundra run was the sealer. NZ is well represented in the younger training brigade, with Pike, Stephen Marsh at the top. Well done to Mark Wyborn too! He hasn't had the winners he's deserved from the coin he's put in. But to win an Oaks in Australia and run a great place in an Aussie Derby gives him some back !! 

Shame Provocative didn't run in the Derby for Mark in some respects, she would have won it as she ran faster than Eagle Way.

Still, having runners in both races a huge achievement and pretty good result all round.....;)

Not necessarily Ohakason. For mine, times are merely a measure of the tempo in a race. Her value is assured at Stud by her breeding and now a Group 1 Oaks winner in Oz. She'll be worth a small fortune if she goes thru a Broodmare sale. Look at Bounding......,,

4 minutes ago, Trump said:

Not necessarily Ohakason. For mine, times are merely a measure of the tempo in a race. Her value is assured at Stud by her breeding and now a Group 1 Oaks winner in Oz. She'll be worth a small fortune if she goes thru a Broodmare sale. Look at Bounding......,,

Particularly if she goes on to win a Caulfield or Melbourne Cup.....;)

To be fair Ted, not too many Qld Oaks winners have gone on to greater glory in modern times. I think Ethereal was an exception and she was obviously a very very special stayer. So far Provocative has reached another level in her racing career. But for her to go on with it, she's going to have to be very very strong (as Ethereal was) and lift to a much higher level than what she had to do to win the Qld Oaks. So far so good but I'd fancy Sacred Elixer as the one that might go on with it.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

To be fair Ted, not too many Qld Oaks winners have gone on to greater glory in modern times. I think Ethereal was an exception and she was obviously a very very special stayer. So far Provocative has reached another level in her racing career. But for her to go on with it, she's going to have to be very very strong (as Ethereal was) and lift to a much higher level than what she had to do to win the Qld Oaks. So far so good but I'd fancy Sacred Elixer as the one that might go on with it.

She has some way to go yet, she is still learning the game.

As for times, she had plenty in the tank at the end and her time could have been much better if pushed.

I think she could have won both the Oaks and the Derby frankly....she is something special this girl.

5 hours ago, Trump said:

He is a Derby horse without any doubt. Look at that Pedigree....by an English Derby winner with Sir Tristram/Zabeel and Japan Cup Winner Horlicks in the bloodlines. Another still learning the game, but when he puts it all together look out.

Get on now Trumpy.....;)

image.jpeg

Pike has had an amazing season - the guy seems to be so professional.

Who was the last Kiwi based (i.e. not Waller) to win 2 group 1's on the same day in Aus?

p.s. 45 Group 1's each for Zabeel and Sir T seems fitting for the two best sires to ever stand in NZ.

Congratulations to all those involved with the Kiwi winners at Eagle Farm.I have just read the Stipes report and I see ten riders had whip use fines.They are obviously very strict on this aspect of racing over there.Could any former jockey explain to me how you are expected to count how many times you've used it in the rush to the line.I do know why these laws exist,but I do think there must be a certain amount of guess work involved.What are the laws in NZ?You sometimes see horses lift with its use and others not.