RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
WhoKnows

Gareth Dixon

What has gone wrong with Gareth Dixons horses?

He always used to have a few good horses but after seeing the hot favourite being pulled up tonight I looked up his stats and saw he has only had 4 winners this whole season, I know the fact A Veint drives them does not help one bit but something must have gone wrong in his stable for them to all be going so bad, he hardly seems to get any horses off anyone anymore.

2 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

What has gone wrong with Gareth Dixons horses?

He always used to have a few good horses but after seeing the hot favourite being pulled up tonight I looked up his stats and saw he has only had 4 winners this whole season, I know the fact A Veint drives them does not help one bit but something must have gone wrong in his stable for them to all be going so bad, he hardly seems to get any horses off anyone anymore.

There are a number of trainers that fit this scenario. Since drug testing became more stringent and accurate some trainers that once trained many winners now have few. This could just be a coincidence of course, but perhaps not...

Dixon doesn't have the quality or quantity of horses he had when training from Hoggards property. When he left Hoggards he also left half his  stable team as well because Hoggard owned half of them.  Leaving Hoggards and training out of the Pukekohe track would be like leaving the Hilton Hotel and staying at the Budget Motel.  Never known him to use drugs so I Believe that comment was unjustified. If you lose a big owner you can lose half your income as quick as that. Like many perhaps he is struggling too.

On June 3, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Thejanitor said:

There are a number of trainers that fit this scenario. Since drug testing became more stringent and accurate some trainers that once trained many winners now have few. This could just be a coincidence of course, but perhaps not...

Dixon is one of the most straight up & honest trainers I have ever meet. Take ur unjustified comments somewhere else.

He's gone from having 25-30 in work and a yearlong sales budget of 500k plus to having 10-12 and probably about a tenth of the budget. Would that not explain it.

hes a good bloke and a great trainer. He will bounce back.

sick of morons like yourself trying to taint people's reputations. Ask anyone who knows him and they'll set u straight!

the dickies by taking over his property and owner shows they are getting the results with gareth would have had, as like every trainer they only as good as the stock they have and gareth has,is and alays ill be agood trainer along with a good southern honest bloke

On June 3, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Thejanitor said:

Prove it or apologise... your comments are way out of line.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:26 PM, Thejanitor said:

Very funny comment.   I must have missed when this stringent drug testing came in.  If it had people like Dixon would be going  better, not worse.

Without knowing for sure I'm picking the move to Puke would have had a big impact on Gareth's team and it is likely he's going through a rebuilding phase. He is a quality horseman with quality staff, the saying "form is temporary but class is permanent" comes to mind in this instance.

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Things haven't changed much with this stable, Ring The Till was highly touted tonight but was pretty dismal after getting a perfect drive, sad to see this stable going so bad.

Were you expecting it to suddenly grow a leg once it started racing? Workout form ok but not in  fast times.Will no doubt improve as it strengthens up, but while you would not be tipping it as a next up winner yet,,certainly nothing sad or dismal about its run.   You must have really rated mr Dixon in the past.

On 6/6/2016 at 10:57 PM, scooby3051 said:

Prove it or apologise... your comments are way out of line.

Scooby,

You are quick to jump in on the bandwagon and vilify someone making a genuine contribution. Read the statement carefully. Many trainers all round the world in all codes are finding it more difficult training winners. Thats the statement I see. I don't see any particular accusation against any one trainer. I think your reaction is way out of line.

I would consider the Blanchards still to be successful trainers .....

Training Partnership of Peter & Vaughan Blanchard
Season   Start 1st 2nd 3rd $ UDR
2017 Public Trainer 3 1 1 0 5,125 .5185
  Trot: 1 0 1 0    
2016 Public Trainer 144 17 22 16 162,408 .2400
  Trot: 59 6 9 9    
2015 Public Trainer 38 5 3 6 37,285 .2281
  Trot: 13 3 1 2

14 minutes ago, Taku Umanga said:

I would consider the Blanchards still to be successful trainers .....

Training Partnership of Peter & Vaughan Blanchard
Season   Start 1st 2nd 3rd $ UDR
2017 Public Trainer 3 1 1 0 5,125 .5185
  Trot: 1 0 1 0    
2016 Public Trainer 144 17 22 16 162,408 .2400
  Trot: 59 6 9 9    
2015 Public Trainer 38 5 3 6 37,285 .2281
  Trot: 13 3 1 2

Possibly, but nothing like they were when Peter would line anything up and it would win.

You would be pretty naive if you beleive that there aren't some trainers who have got knowledge of chemicals that enhance a

horses ability to perform.

Pretty rampant in some circles!

No names being mentioned though!

See theres a write up on hrnz website as to how well  the former Dixon trained cyclone kate has been going in aussie for john McCarthy.  Also a write up on that website of latest positive for the McCarthy family with a Belinda McCarthy  runner testing positive to banned substances.  No charges laid yet,and I see one of the 3 substances was what luke McCarthy got off on appeal 4 years ago. This time not just that substance involved.     Horses like cyclone kate would not be performing as well as it was now,had it not been organically raised in nz by Dixon.

6 hours ago, what a post said:

See theres a write up on hrnz website as to how well  the former Dixon trained cyclone kate has been going in aussie for john McCarthy.  Also a write up on that website of latest positive for the McCarthy family with a Belinda McCarthy  runner testing positive to banned substances.  No charges laid yet,and I see one of the 3 substances was what luke McCarthy got off on appeal 4 years ago. This time not just that substance involved.     Horses like cyclone kate would not be performing as well as it was now,had it not been organically raised in nz by Dixon.

Been a while since this mob got nipped with a positive. Not the first and won't be the last for them.

gareth has one friday called rakarazor! im a gunna anchor him and pakipaki, go back a few starts ago and he is something special thats pakipaki,(first start, check out the secs), looked like a cup class horse, but wouldnt be suprised if anything knocks them off in that small field, but gareth is a great trainer, great bloke, and a great horseman, but yeah im worried!   come on raka!  (good luck gareth , ur a champ!

Agreed on the 'genuine' Grubes but had a tough one last week and ran a 56 MR in first run for four months. Backing up in a week and a harder field this time. Hasn't won in last ten starts. Will put it in first 4 but wouldn't mortgage the farm backing it to win. I've been wrong many times before though.