RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

WHALE

12 minutes ago, tim vince said:

he went good today on his line.

You obviously support his tipping line then Tim?

Are you able to say how well he went?

Does he tip four horses per race?

19 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You obviously support his tipping line then Tim?

Are you able to say how well he went?

Does he tip four horses per race?

If your so obsessed with him why don't you fork out a tenner or however much it is to ring it and find out! You are self admittedly a restricted punter and make $$ punting harness on the fixed odds )... Apparently anyway, your yet to accept a punting challenge and have never posted a tip pre race so you seem like a myth to me. 

If someone wants to ring his tipping line at lunchtime because they don't want to sit around for 4 hours at night waiting for his tips pre race on trackside then who the hell is anyone to complain about it? Get a life!! 

5 minutes ago, GONSTA said:

If your so obsessed with him why don't you fork out a tenner or however much it is to ring it and find out! You are self admittedly a restricted punter and make $$ punting harness on the fixed odds )... Apparently anyway, your yet to accept a punting challenge and have never posted a tip pre race so you seem like a myth to me. 

If someone wants to ring his tipping line at lunchtime because they don't want to sit around for 4 hours at night waiting for his tips pre race on trackside then who the hell is anyone to complain about it? Get a life!! 

Good to see you still around Gonsta.

Not obsessed at all, not sure why you think I am.

I have pointed out many times to you why I am not prepared to play your silly games Gonsta.

If people can't be bothered doing their own research and are prepared to pay money for someone else's tips,I certainly haven't got a problem with that.

If you can't see a conflict of interest here Gonsta then you are a bit lacking!

There is no conflict of interest if he is giving out the same tips. If you ring the line during the day you get all races and plenty of time to make your Pick 6, quaddies etc. 

Ideal if you are going out for dinner, have to work OR want to be on course. If, however, you plan on being at home all night and bet race-to-race... you can get them for free watching him preview each race. I'm sure he probably does a suggested Pick 6 and or Quaddie preview, too.

Him backing his own tips first his unavoidable.... no different from Neil Davis, Des Coppins or whoever else.

15 minutes ago, Toblerone said:

There is no conflict of interest if he is giving out the same tips. If you ring the line during the day you get all races and plenty of time to make your Pick 6, quaddies etc. 

Ideal if you are going out for dinner, have to work OR want to be on course. If, however, you plan on being at home all night and bet race-to-race... you can get them for free watching him preview each race. I'm sure he probably does a suggested Pick 6 and or Quaddie preview, too.

Him backing his own tips first his unavoidable.... no different from Neil Davis, Des Coppins or whoever else.

Doesn't matter one iota if the tips are the same.

The fact is that he works for Trackside that is owned by the TAB and he is tipping out horses so that his clients can take money off the TAB!!!!

I do ring it want to get the best tipsters opinion coz I am a dope. remember there is a difference from tipping winners and betting on them - he or you or me might see one at 25 dollars and figure it is worth a bet  coz of price-

the tab have no problem with his dual roles - dunno what the fuss is about-mind u the bugger tipped my bloke as the bet of the century- cut me odds- was right of course.

my offer of his tips against anybody stands-

just trust me whale is a man of integrity plays by the rules  -time to pick on some one else-  take it up with trackside the racing board or whoever - give (the not so big fella now) a break.questioning someones integrity aint cricket unless u have the evidence

4 hours ago, tim vince said:

I do ring it want to get the best tipsters opinion coz I am a dope. remember there is a difference from tipping winners and betting on them - he or you or me might see one at 25 dollars and figure it is worth a bet  coz of price-

the tab have no problem with his dual roles - dunno what the fuss is about-mind u the bugger tipped my bloke as the bet of the century- cut me odds- was right of course.

my offer of his tips against anybody stands-

just trust me whale is a man of integrity plays by the rules  -time to pick on some one else-  take it up with trackside the racing board or whoever - give (the not so big fella now) a break.questioning someones integrity aint cricket unless u have the evidence

Fair comments Tim.

I believe he does have integrity and seems very likeable.

TAB obviously haven't got a problem with Craigs arrangement so no problem I suppose.

I don't use or need his tips so all good, and hope he does tip plenty of winners for the ones that support his tipping line.

He does take a back seat nowadays on the Boxseat though to Michael Guerin.

On 6/12/2016 at 10:31 PM, Brodie said:

The fact is that he works for Trackside that is owned by the TAB and he is tipping out horses so that his clients can take money off the TAB!!!!

Thanks Brodie at least you got the point.

In fact they all work for the TAB and day and night we are offfered all this assistance from people that still have a school uniform to the man himself.

Can you honestly believe that all this assistance is Genuine or is it so poor the TAB can rely on it. ?

I cant remember the last time a successful  Quaddie was posted yet $1000's a week are posted many out after leg 1 with a $120+ spent

It just doesn't stack up .......... The TAB offering us the oportunity to shoot them in the foot.

It wouldn't take much to steer people away from the odd winner just by overlooking to mention this or that.

18 hours ago, tim vince said:

we all have done that

Some more than others so why cant the others offer advise ?

17/6 Alex Park ( J.Teaz )

Q1  3 X 3 X 5 X 2 $90 = $0

Best Bet Aymar 2nd so lets say $50 win = $0

Best Value Idealistic so lets say $20 each = $0     .........

Multi for $20 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 none of them won = $0

Result = LOSS $230 

***** Note Does excellent job commentating.

Incidentally - heard commentator today (I think it was Tom) on radio for the Manawatu Steeples name 4 horses and said they are the ones I like.   There were only 6 in the field!!   I know they are told by their bosses to name 4 because of first fours but really ??? 

AWAPUNI Sat 18/6

J.Tan

Q2  3 X 4 X 3 X 5           Cost $180 = $0                     

Best Bet Willy Duggan           X $50 = $0

S.Davis

Q2 1 X 2 X 3 X 4             Cost $24 = $0

Best Bet Mr Monarch  Cost  X $50 = $0

RUAKAKA Sat 18/6

J.Tan 

Q2      5 X 4 X 2 X 4       Cost $160 = $0

Best Bet Dramatist       Cost  X $50 = $0

S.Davis

Q2 5 X 3 X 1 X 4              Cost $60 = $0

Best Bet In Flight           Cost X $50 = $0

B.Sweeney 

Awapuni

Best Bet  Snowdroptwinletoes X $50 = $0

Saturday's Advise Cost   LOSS $574

RANGIORA 19/6

M.McNamara

Q1      4 X 3 X 2 X 2                          Cost = $48 = $0

Q2       3 X 1 X 2 X 3                         Cost = $18 = $0

Multi R4 x R5 x R10 x 1st Try Kaka  Cost $20 = $0   

TE AROHA 19/6

S.Davis

Q2        3 X 4 X 1 X 6                           Cost $ 72 = $0

Sundays Advise Cost $158   =   LOSS $158

Cumulative loss for week to date = $1044

** Not one collect

3 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

RANGIORA 19/6

M.McNamara

Q1      4 X 3 X 2 X 2                          Cost = $48 = $0

Q2       3 X 1 X 2 X 3                         Cost = $18 = $0

Multi R4 x R5 x R10 x 1st Try Kaka  Cost $20 = $0   

TE AROHA 19/6

S.Davis

Q2        3 X 4 X 1 X 6                           Cost $ 72 = $0

Sundays Advise Cost $158   =   LOSS $158

Cumulative loss for week to date = $1044

** Not one collect

Good work Ivan but ol McNamara doesn't bet so you cannot nor should not take his advice.

The quaddies is promoted as it has a large takeout.

Sweeny Very poor

1 hour ago, Jon Trum said:

Good work Ivan but ol McNamara doesn't bet so you cannot nor should not take his advice.

The quaddies is promoted as it has a large takeout.

Sweeny Very poor

The presenters who are selecting the picks are employed by the TAB.

Do you really think it is in the employers best interests to have their employees tipping out horses that are overs or who have been unlucky, so that the punters who invest with the Bookies can get a collect?

Most races the selections are short and very rarely are horses that are value tipped out.

If you are punting for the fun of it then follow the presenters tips, if you want to make money then do your homework.

Not rocket science really!

The presenters try and drive turnover, that is their directive and the poor sods actually do believe in themselves. In fairness if it is part of the job then you can't really blame them for putting up something, compare them with T Brassell he is talked up in Aus. as a guru and he has to put his name to selections for 5 times as many races, you just can't do it but as it is part of the job he has to, same in this country.

My bugbear is when they try and add some authority to their selections Sweeney and Tan use '...to my eye...' a lot and really these boys have no pedigree and their 'EYE' means diddly squat, they should say "I woke up this morning like every other punter and mulled over the fields during breakfast and then rang through my selections prior to even being at the track!" honesty brothers is all that we punters want. Then they repeat things they have overheard like "...he was great THROUGH the line......looking forward to Saturday grade e.t.c....' gimme a break, most trainers are looking for their horses to finish off. 

BTW no one is allowed to WIN too much with the bookies anyway, and all of these presenters would have losing accounts so it is win win for the TAB, maybe except for the Whale. 

As an aside I wasn't too fussed with Cookson on course at Timaru the other day, very laboured and painful presentation, I am all for Ryan Bradley to be cut loose on course, I am sure he'd do a better job.

Avondale Advise  22/6 Brendon Popperwell

Q1         3 X 3 X 3 X 3  Cost $81 = $0

Q2         4 X 4 X 1 X 4 Cost $64  = $0

Best Bet              Brakbar  X $50 = $0

Today's Profit =    - $195

Week to date  =  $1044 + 195 = $1239 

Might change my tune on this. Listening to the whale tip out horses before the FF odds are out tomorrow at Marlborough is strange. His subscribers or regular punters can't back any horses yet but the TAB will be influenced by his selections so consequently influencing the price downwards for the horses he is suggesting.

Who would one bother paying for his tips?  

He must hold horses back for his subscribers so we have a conflict of interest and undue influence over the setting of the odds by a person outside the TAB...or is he?