RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Shocking Coverage

Andy Kydd would seem to be the GENERAL MANAGER of BROADCASTING. This is a call out to you.

So yesterday I was watching Sam Weatherley ride his first winner. This is a big deal.....or it should be produced to be a big deal. He wins this race - his first ever winner -  and instantly the bloody Trackside editor cuts to dogs. Not a dog race but of a dog having a shit on the track. Then it cuts to the owner who is so emotional he's chocking up because his horse has won (not common occurrence for him) but also because he's just given the kid his first winning ride. But before you can really get involved (what a plot line), the editor cuts away to the dogs again, but this time another bloody dog is having a piss in the middle of the track. Then the picture cuts half way through the first interview of the kid having just won his first race.

The buggar of it all is that the whole sequence of drama, achievement, passion and success was completely destroyed but an absolutely useless editor who must be a deviant because he must have seen on the screens that the pictures he was choosing were the dogs at various stages of relieving themselves when the real catch the client story was being bastardised through inept and amateurish editing.

For heavens sake. That was appalling. Who was in charge? He/ she needs naming and shaming.

1 hour ago, Berri said:

Andy Kydd would seem to be the GENERAL MANAGER of BROADCASTING. This is a call out to you.

So yesterday I was watching Sam Weatherley ride his first winner. This is a big deal.....or it should be produced to be a big deal. He wins this race - his first ever winner -  and instantly the bloody Trackside editor cuts to dogs. Not a dog race but of a dog having a shit on the track. Then it cuts to the owner who is so emotional he's chocking up because his horse has won (not common occurrence for him) but also because he's just given the kid his first winning ride. But before you can really get involved (what a plot line), the editor cuts away to the dogs again, but this time another bloody dog is having a piss in the middle of the track. Then the picture cuts half way through the first interview of the kid having just won his first race.

The buggar of it all is that the whole sequence of drama, achievement, passion and success was completely destroyed but an absolutely useless editor who must be a deviant because he must have seen on the screens that the pictures he was choosing were the dogs at various stages of relieving themselves when the real catch the client story was being bastardised through inept and amateurish editing.

For heavens sake. That was appalling. Who was in charge? He/ she needs naming and shaming.

Totally agree Berri.

Unprofessional, Amateurish, Inept, Clueless.

The Lunatics are certainly running the Asylum..........:wacko:

Know where you are coming from Berri and the frustration it causes. I have tried many times to get to the person in charge of the editing section but  it's like it's blocked. Never get the replies back and they do not put you through. It happens to all of  our codes frequently,    The last 3 races at the dogs yesterday were shoved over to Channel 2 and the race I was placed in was cut short with no proper replay  at all to a  galloping event some where in Aus. The professionalism of the editing and the fact they won't listen to their client base is a disgrace at times...I  would have loved to have seen more of young Weatherley and the after shots too .. Regards   Clarkie 

ill be the bad  man- overall  very few care about a  kid riding his first winner- the tab channel is about betting and maximising turnover.the results dividends are no 1.

the which channel  is a different thing- it is a shambles- I recently almost missed watching one of mine coz I was on the wrong channel- the old switchover half way thru.

the interviews with connections in minor races I would like to see as well- but I can see the tabs point- bigger races different- the saturation of rubbish racing is another thing-I saw a double pool late at night of a dollar with a couple of minutes to go- bizzare they have a pool- imagine the double- 2 legs paying 20 and the dividend 10 bucks.

the type of pools needs to be looked at- does the first 4 just dilute the trifecta pool- u need big pools for big punters to bet big money-if I wanted to bet 10percent of the trifecta pool u don't have to be too smart to figure I bet more the bigger the pool

.all the big team punter overseas bet to the pool size-if u bet 1k of a 6k first four u are seriously overbetting.i know for sure that in hk  the really big jackpot pools the teams  bet about 10 percent of the pool.

at the moment with our turnovers there are too many different wagering options- win place quinella   trifecta and quaddies plenty

.drop the pick 6 and the quaddies should get bigger.first 4's and trifectas will get better.

also what we need is a decent review of nz meetings with head ons and pointing out the merits of the runs of all horses. and then use the film on the day to include the emotional stuuf. I watch presenters go on and on then tip the favourites- anybody can do that.

stating the obvious is very easy but the punters already know that.

knowlege makes a punter want to bet-my mates know every player in the nrl every team -they know the form  and they bet coz they have the knowledge- it don't mean they are going to win but they have confidence.

unfortunately it is not going to change or it would of by now.

44 minutes ago, tim vince said:

unfortunately it is not going to change or it would of by now.

hence its a 'sunset industry'...   it would make interesting to see the net income of the top 20 trainers and top 20 jockeys and compare them against the top 20 workers at tab/trackside/nzracing head office... bet it would make interesting reading....

no one behind the scenes actually likes racing let alone cares about it so how are they going to produce quality? edit quality or direct quality? the couple of guys they had producing content namely Popperwell and Sweeney now present so of course the behind the scenes is now more 'shite' than ever! these no names are 'Takers' from the industry they don't bet nor race horses so their contribution is 'Zero' do they care obviously 'NO' is the answer, I see TABCORP swimming around ready to swallow up our lot and putting us on their 'channel 2' with Maitland dogs. All the old bludgers have eaten their lot from the Trackside money pit and have now left with pretty self written resumes onto greener pastures, they know who they are (F***en leeches) and we are left with juniors having fun. Disgraceful. 

4 hours ago, tim vince said:

drop the pick 6 and the quaddies should get bigger.first 4's and trifectas will get better.

Yes the pools are diluted by the number of options available, but the takeouts are too big.  Only fools bet on these pools unless there is a bonus or jackpot on offer.

7 hours ago, Berri said:

Yes agree bloody discusting They do it all the time  no idea at all Berri

20 hours ago, bus stop said:

Do we really need these after race interviews with the jocks most give the impression...

For me! its not about what the jockeys have to say! its about 'taking in the excitement of the wining connections!' its about sharing the 'Thrill of any win...'  especially any Group race... its about building the actual excitement of Racing.... 

The coverage of the races themselves is far superior to Australian viewing.

Watch the Aussie stuff today, they very rarely do the split screen shots like we do which I find excellent.

Brisbane racing does the wide pan shot that is so far away you can't make out the colours often.

Sydney does the annoying and useless overhead starting shot they lingers too long.

Melbourne does the moving shots that focus on the leaders too much.

1/3 of the screen has shit on it about upcoming races that you miss heaps anyway.

Now compare to our coverage that routinely does the split screen where you get the whole field and leaders, its superior.

On ‎2‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 8:55 PM, Bimbo said:

Yes the pools are diluted by the number of options available, but the takeouts are too big.  Only fools bet on these pools unless there is a bonus or jackpot on offer.

How does the fact that a bonus or jackpot on offer change anything Bimbo?

3 hours ago, barryb said:

Watch the Aussie stuff today, they very rarely do the split screen shots like we do which I find excellent.

Brisbane racing does the wide pan shot that is so far away you can't make out the colours often.

Sydney does the annoying and useless overhead starting shot they lingers too long.

1/3 of the screen has shit on it about upcoming races that you miss heaps anyway.

Now compare to our coverage that routinely does the split screen where you get the whole field and leaders, its superior.

Disagree with everything you say. I find Australian coverage far superior, and much more professional. I like the overhead shots, and the widepan shots are a must to to allow the continuity of the race to unfold uninterrupted. The coverage here is shyte by comparison, with the emphasis on far to many closeups.

4 hours ago, barryb said:

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

Disagree with everything you say. I find Australian coverage far superior, and much more professional. I like the overhead shots, and the widepan shots are a must to to allow the continuity of the race to unfold uninterrupted. The coverage here is shyte by comparison, with the emphasis on far to many closeups.

I have opted for a screen production and video course for the next two years and would like to work for Sky-Sport / Trackside on Camera.

Cant disagree with Barry on Brissy,s long wide pans...hardly inspiring, Sydneys overhead start (who cares!)...they jump and you,ve missed your horse

missing the start by 5...Yep Melbourne...almost like your driving alongside leading bunch with ya cannon out the window zooming in!

(I do like the over head field shots Aquaman- Novel and gives you the action and positioning and Jockeys perspective)

We get a good cross-section of pre race interviews, birdcage,behind the barriers,jump,during race / split-screen, photo finish,post race interviews.

I have no complaints...they do a bloody good job!

Suppose they have to meet all their racing commitments and cant keep Aunt Mabel happy all the time!  

Bit off topic but presume that Trackside was providing the coverage of the Harness Jewels on Prime TV this afternoon. Started 30 minutes after advertised time. Presenter was Ryan Bradley but I have not had Trackside since pay-for-view. Only watched coverage as am interested in a pacer breaking 1 m. 50 s. for a metric mile. Anyway, in the 3 races shown, the fields were never displayed nor the favourites identified by hosts. In the main race, after 4 minutes pre-race waffle, I finally was found out that the favourite was No. 1, leading as he passed the post for the last lap.

Putting major races on mainstream tv is meant to attract general public (I guess) but, unless you have access to a newspaper or other info, it's just some brown horses running for some reason, somewhere. After that, quickly forgotten and very little chance of attracting new customers. Hardly a professional production but hardly bothered to complain to Trackside after that.

9 hours ago, porky said:

We get a good cross-section of pre race interviews, birdcage,behind the barriers,jump,during race / split-screen, photo finish,post race interviews.

I have no complaints...they do a bloody good job!

GEE!!! I'm FULL OF COMPLAINTS!!!

We don't get to see THE HORSE enough in pre race!!! SO OFTEN  you Do NOT get to see ALL the horses before the race!!!

Often when showing the PRELIMS!!! they have NO IDEA AT ALL where to 'set up the prelim camera'...  Often you get to see a horses ARSE GOING  OFF into the DISTANCE!!!

SO OFTEN you Do NOT get to see All the horses doing their Prelims!!! often leading horse's are not shown!!!!

I say all the above happens as the Director has NO FECKING IDEA about what a FIT Horse actually looks like!! and hence doesn't think its important to film and edit the action for the above to happen.... 

ALL my betting is 'locked in' by how the LOOKS TO ME pre race! doing it prelim... about how well it looks around at the start! 

Hence I've pretty much stopped betting on the 'product' on offer via the NZTAB/Trackside... sadly so.... :(

Castletown Stakes today a good example. On paper hard to separate Honey Rider and Volpe Veloce. Before the start Volpe Veloce looked very relaxed while Honey Rider was decidedly on the toe. Result Volpe Veloce won by 2and 3/4 lengths over Honey Rider. We need to see preliminaries and horses at the start more!

16 hours ago, barryb said:

How does the fact that a bonus or jackpot on offer change anything Bimbo?

WHAT IS A BONUS FIRST4?

Similar to Trifecta, a First4 bet challenges you to pick the first four runners in the correct finishing order while bonus money comes from previously unstruck pools. Bonus money is injected into the pool meaning there is more money to be won by successful punters. If the bonus is $6,000 and the pool reaches $24,000 then the dividend is likely to be 33% higher than it would normally be.

No you are not correct. There is a deduction from the overall bet which places money into a reserve fund to supplement their bonus fund. If you didn't have a reserve fund this would be distributed to the prize pool

Pretty sure that with a bonus or jackpot that your dividend is better than it would have been without the bonus or jackpot, hence Bimbo's original assertion.  I agree and only take first 4 when there is a decent jackpot.