RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Phantom

Early interviewing Godber on Radio Trackside

11 hours ago, rumpole said:

You can resent what you like..why hide behind Phantom ? tell us who you are you one eyed  being

What does that have to do with anything? Everyone here posts under a pseudonym including you.

20 minutes ago, Phantom said:

What does that have to do with anything? Everyone here posts under a pseudonym including you.

Until i noticed my name has always been next to Rumpole. i dont know when the policy was changed

so Phantom you have my apology but you are wrong in your views of the Ross Neal incident

There is a lot more to this matter but in my view it is a personal matter.The Sunday Star Times

did not need to call Neal a Mongrel 

disgraceful reporting even if they were reporting the so called aggrieved husband

Guest 2Admin2
12 minutes ago, bloke said:

I am confused. From reading some of the comments, it seems that Ross Neal is being made out to be the victim in this saga

It's only a saga because people such as yourself are intent on prolonging its public interest via social media.  I guess that's why the Women's Weekly is still popular.  As for any victims the only people who could be termed that are the innocent third parties (not one of the three mentioned by name in the salacious reporting).  Those innocent third parties are having their agony prolonged by you.

Guest 2Admin2
31 minutes ago, bloke said:

Sorry Admin I do not understand your logic.

I am commenting because this is a racing chat forum. If you do not wish to prolong third parties agony take the thread down.

Then you will complain of censorship, favouritism, sycophancy etc etc.  I'm not surprised that you don't understand my logic following your admission that you're "confused."

Given there are bigger issues for racing at the moment I would have thought it would be more beneficial to "chat" about those.

2 hours ago, bloke said:

Yes I am confused that Neal is being treated by some as the victim. However, I will move on and allow you to have the final word

2 hours ago, bloke said:

Yes I am confused that Neal is being treated by some as the victim. However, I will move on and allow you to have the final word

Neal is indeed a victim.................the husband blames Neal for everything.............  it takes 2 to Tango or have the rules changed?????????

34 minutes ago, rumpole said:

Neal is indeed a victim.................the husband blames Neal for everything.............  it takes 2 to Tango or have the rules changed?????????

A victim of what Rumpers? Was he coerced into this arrangement?

33 minutes ago, rumpole said:

Yes, but he works for the Racing Integrity Unit........no one else does in this.

Maybe something he should have kept in mind eh Rumpers......??

1 hour ago, gubellini said:

Poor old Mike Godber on Trackside Radio this morning uttered yet again his favourite mantra -"moving on". Perhaps he should consider a change of career into the Freight Logistics field.

I didn't hear that but if that is true, it's a larger worry. I don't think this is about the affair as Rumpers suggested above. It's about the integrity of the apparent attempted cover-up. If this is Godber's response, then it now seems that Godber and the RIU, among others, are colluding with that. It may be time for the RIU chair and/or the codes to call for a full investigation of the RIU handling of this sorry matter?

24 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Leggy agreed. Mike was interviewed by Des Coppins this morning. He was filling in for Peter Earley.

And that part is equally bad. If Coppins let him away with that kind of response, then Trackside Radio's response probably should be investigated for collusion as well.

17 minutes ago, Leggy said:

And that part is equally bad. If Coppins let him away with that kind of response, then Trackside Radio's response probably should be investigated for collusion as well.

They are so far up NZTR bum they would never dear to ask a tough question..hell no.

On 6/07/2016 at 7:41 PM, Leggy said:

OK Leggy let us have a commission of enquiry into the whole dastardly affair,,,  what a waste of money and time that would have been??????????

Neal was unlucky but what did the matter have to do with his ability to be a bloody good stipe 

Whoever named the  Stipe outfit the RACING INTEGRITY UNIT   has a lot to answer for

should have been Racing police  racing Enforcers    but the use of the word   integrity  was an unfortunate choice  goes back to Fin Powrie who was the first appointed manager for integrity for NZTR in 2006 

he lacked any integrity all round

10 minutes ago, rumpole said:

but the use of the word   integrity  was an unfortunate choice  goes back to Fin Powrie who was the first appointed manager for integrity for NZTR in 2006 

he lacked any integrity all round

a common trend is emerging - another non New Zealander destroying NZ Racing?

There was nothing wrong with the previous system of dedicated Racecourse Inspectors. All were ex Policeman and understood the law. Today's RIU is an interesting dichotomy. In some cases they turn a blind eye or bend the rules. In other cases they throw the book at a hapless licence holder. Time Nathan Guy had a chat with Mike Godber I would suggest. Not necessarily to utter the R word but to get the RIU to act fairly to ALL licence holders and not just the chosen few.

30 minutes ago, rumpole said:

OK Leggy let us have a commission of enquiry into the whole dastardly affair,,,  what a waste of money and time that would have been??????????

Neal was unlucky but what did the matter have to do with his ability to be a bloody good stipe 

If you read my posts you would see it was not about the incident itself that I was concerned, but the RIU handling of the matter and then Trackside's.

That said, I think you are confusing unlucky with stupid.

22 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

I just heard Greg Purcell say " only 4% of the population are interested in horse racing - that leaves 94% that aren't"  :blink:

Therein lies the problem lol