RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Phantom

Early interviewing Godber on Radio Trackside

48 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

So, in summary, the RIU would have no problem with sex between a trainer and his 16 year-old female apprentice? That too would be a "personal matter"?

I already told you what you could do if you don't like our standards here. 

Guest 2Admin2
4 minutes ago, Robert Best said:

Could a copy of his credit card statement be obtained through the OIA?

The simple answer is no.  The RIU is an independent company - Racing Integrity Unit Limited.

Putting aside what actually instigated the matter which caused this to come to media attention and subsequent huge social media comment/discussion as well as much talk, it has come about due to a member/s of the RIU being involved. From my reading of it, this is the actual reason for such widespread public umbrage.

One can therefore liken this to when Lord Chief Justice Hewart said "It is not merely of some importance, but of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done, but should be manifestly and undoubtedly seen to be done."  Hence the view that with regard to the Racing Integrity Unit "that integrity is not only done , but seen to be done."  Therefore anyone employed in the unit will indeed walk a fine line.

The worth of any such unit is based on confidence and trust and if people have a perception where that confidence and trust becomes clouded, then they will have doubts and call into question judgments more readily.

This unfortunately, is where the unit currently finds itself placed at the moment and much work on openness and transparency will have to come into play to ensure that all the lost ground over this is regained in the public arena. Let's hope this can be achieved very quickly.       

I sort of get your point Ted, but I'd remind you that we're not the moral guardians of this game so I doubt any of us has a mandate to pass judgement in this instance, unless of course you know the "full" story.

To further complicate matters we see weekly breaches of rules, guidelines, policies, and the laws of the land.....but we tolerate such breaches and become indifferent to them over time.

Shouldn't you be worried more about what RN does in addressing the latter than what he's allegedly been doing in his private life?

Just asking.....

To be sure Midgie but I think none of us are interested in what caused all the discussion. As has been commented on it's about Integrity and you are right in what you say. This latest episode is just another example of "lack of" - don't you think? 

arguable I suppose Trump, we do seem to have some form of insidious erosion of values and accountability in NZ racing, and I guess you could extend that to integrity.

The truth is that our problems are systemic, and a lot of participants are disenchanted, and they're using this isolated incident to attack the RIU, but really a moral breach should always be secondary to a fundamental breach or rules or laws as I see it, and I'd sooner waste my energy making the enforcers of rules and laws accountable than hunting down some industry player who may have acted indiscreetly behind closed doors.

17 minutes ago, Midget said:

I sort of get your point Ted, but I'd remind you that we're not the moral guardians of this game so I doubt any of us has a mandate to pass judgement in this instance, unless of course you know the "full" story.

To further complicate matters we see weekly breaches of rules, guidelines, policies, and the laws of the land.....but we tolerate such breaches and become indifferent to them over time.

Shouldn't you be worried more about what RN does in addressing the latter than what he's allegedly been doing in his private life?

Just asking.....

I made no comment on what happened nor made any comment on any individual, I have no real interest.

My post was about the negative reaction in the public arena and perception that leads to with regard to the unit itself. Thought that was evident. :huh:  

Don't you comprehend what you're actually writing Ted ?

Your central theme was based around justice being seen to be done with regard to the RIU, then you subbed the word integrity in.

Tell me how this is "Justice " please ? This is after all a private matter isn't it ?

Are you now saying that consenting adults cannot exercise their own judgement after working hours Ted, or that they should ( to use your words ) be transparent and open if they do ? Can I extend the warped logic and ask if you want a bedroom monitor in every motel inhabited by racing folk ?

On the other hand when a Premier meeting has a rigged pentrometer, or a club run by cow cockies produces a rubbish track for a G1 race, now that's where integrity and accountability come into play don't you think ?

46 minutes ago, Midget said:

Don't you comprehend what you're actually writing Ted ?

Your central theme was based around justice being seen to be done with regard to the RIU, then you subbed the word integrity in.

Tell me how this is "Justice " please ? This is after all a private matter isn't it ?

Are you now saying that consenting adults cannot exercise their own judgement after working hours Ted, or that they should ( to use your words ) be transparent and open if they do ? Can I extend the warped logic and ask if you want a bedroom monitor in every motel inhabited by racing folk ?

On the other hand when a Premier meeting has a rigged pentrometer, or a club run by cow cockies produces a rubbish track for a G1 race, now that's where integrity and accountability come into play don't you think ?

You certainly are lacking in comprehension today Midget and want to focus on something I have not commented on nor passed any opinion. My first few words were "Putting aside what actually instigated the matter."  For some reason you want to bring this up, forget about that issue. I have not discussed it nor wish to.

the post related to public perception. Integrity comes with all the units professional dealings and that is what I was referring to which includes the issues you have raised. I have typed this slowly so hopefully you have got it this time. :)  

lets see what happens- who knows what is going on behind the scenes- the only thing I would say I have always found nigel McIntyre very professional vey helpful in a tough job- I feel very sorry for him being caught up in this nightmare.   take em as u find em is my motto.

22 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

So you have never made a private indiscretion??? Really???

I do not think anyone in here would like to see their Mum and Dads name dragged around in the mud for a mistake...the kids are the innocent parties on both sides.... and I will not allow it either .... as far as I am concerned it is a private matter not to be aired here... you can go other places and do whatever or say whatever you want.. but not here. Thanks.

Leigh

I agree Scooby with your comments..It is a personal matter, Why should it be aired on this site when one of the people happens to be a Chief steward

The way some of your posters are performing you would think Ross Neal was responsible for her death..take note Phantom!

I suppose there is a clause in his employment contract that states thou shall not commit adultery

If Ross Neal loses his job I hope he instructs me as his lawyer as I can see a substantial award of damages for wrongful dismissal

8 minutes ago, rumpole said:

The way some of your posters are performing you would think Ross Neal was responsible for her death..take note Phantom!

No idea how you would draw this inference from my post Rumpole and I resent this accusation. 

4 minutes ago, Phantom said:

No idea how you would draw this inference from my post Rumpole and I resent this accusation. 

4 minutes ago, Phantom said:

You can resent what you like..why hide behind Phantom ? tell us who you are you one eyed  being

We have a Mayor in my part of the world who was caught with his pants down and he managed to keep his job and his family. I worked in the racing industry and this isn't the first time that certain individuals have been protected and still work within the industry and won't be the last.

19 minutes ago, rumpole said:

I agree Scooby with your comments..It is a personal matter, Why should it be aired on this site when one of the people happens to be a Chief steward

I suppose there is a clause in his employment contract that states thou shall not commit adultery

If Ross Neal loses his job I hope he instructs me as his lawyer as I can see a substantial award of damages for wrongful dismissal

Really Rumpole...??? Let's talk Lawyer.....it may be "personal" but long bows will be drawn.....

The word "integrity" is rather critical.....losing all credibility and confidence of the industry and the public not a problem ??

Bringing his position, his organisation and the racing industry into disrepute....???

The problem is that if we accept Mr Neal's fallibility (which after all is part of the human condition and therefore vested in all of us) then that is fine but he should NEVER be in a position to prosecute or judge anyone else's fallibility. IMO that is the nub of the issue and I am not condemning Mr Neal nor his late partner. Philandering, especially in the realm of an unequal employment arrangement,goes to the very heart of character. I realise this personal opinion may not find favour in the liberal, "social experiment" world of today and that is why society is having trouble setting standards. BTW, I am totally non-religious and have no societal agenda beyond decency and fair-play.

Over and Out--that idiot Len Brown jigging around on TV tonight like Jimmy Thunder boxing at Alexandra Park several years ago has got my dander up again!

My input will now move to another topic, probably the music thread.

On 6/1/2016 at 7:21 PM, hesi said:

The words will fly back and forth on this one, as the arse covering goes on.

Neal, in the position he is in, 'defending' the industry's integrity, should never have put himself in this position in the first place.

These people, putting aside issues of competence,  if they want the respect of the industry need to conduct themselves accordingly.

He has failed miserably, and the only way the RIU can regain respect, is to front up, acknowledge this and dismiss both Neal and McIntyre.

Len Brown still got his job Hesi

4 hours ago, bestbets said:

We have a Mayor in my part of the world who was caught with his pants down and he managed to keep his job and his family. I worked in the racing industry and this isn't the first time that certain individuals have been protected and still work within the industry and won't be the last.

Len Brown is an elected representative not an employee.