RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dopey

Sacred Elixir

Such a great run today I looked at Sacred Elixir's pedigree, from Horlicks family, clearly a horse on the rise. 

1600m Two year old group one's (current target) aside this Pour Moi must be a Derby horse in the future.

I've attached his pedigree for comment.

im a big fan. 

image.png

Nice pedigree Chris and good luck to connections in the J J Atkins Group One this weekend. When planning thoroughbred mating' duplicating the names on the male line of your mare to me is a great place to start. Matching them up with the brood-mare sires in the stallion.  (or his father etc)   

Sacred Exlixier.jpg

When studying pedigrees I often see outstanding horses from the Sadler's Wells line (or his brother Fairy King ) that have mares lower in the pedigree from the Fair Trial male line.  

2016-06-09_183301.jpg

1 hour ago, Swynford said:

When studying pedigrees I often see outstanding horses from the Sadler's Wells line (or his brother Fairy King ) that have mares lower in the pedigree from the Fair Trial male line.  

2016-06-09_183301.jpg

Perhaps the answer lies in the pedigree, lady juror!

image.png

Yes Lady Juror could be the source of great speed in the thoroughbred, As you point out Forli is closely inbred to her. She is also grand dam of Tudor Minstrel, perhaps one of the fastest horses of last century

I see today that Pour Moi has been confirmed as returning again this year to Windsor Park.

Montjeu stallion with clear credentials purhaps not overly big but hard to fault his finishing speed and ability. 

Agree, a great opportunity to keep breeding to the type of stallion that we are known for or put another way, to breed the the type of horse that we do best.  

I just hope that the fee is competitive and doesn't get hiked up to much if Sacred Elixer wins tomorrow!

6 hours ago, Dopey said:

If it does, just don't go to him. I want to but not at any price.

Agree totally here and with Insider too... a sire produces a Group One winner, ( or in Tavistock's case four from over 100 mares) and the services fee goes through the roof.

Why ?,  does the semen suddenly cost more to produce,  Who wins, NOT the brood-mare owner who to my mind is the biggest part of it all.    

Just remember, pre Sacred Elixir his stats winners to runner is average. I'm a huge fan but let's not get carried away. Putting him in the performance league of say showcasing is OTT (noting one started in 2011 vs 2012).

you may be right at $15 but it's would be a  coolmore fee. 12-14k the 'right' range imho.

Sacred E's pedigree is quite similar to Tavago isn't it. Both are by sons of Montjeu, dams by Stravinsky, second dams by Zabeel.

How do we know whether its these pedigree "nicks" that work or whether its just a case of lots of quality in the pedigree (Montjeu, Darshaan, Stravinsky, Zabeel, Horlicks etc) + a good dose of luck ?? !!

(Plus he's clearly an impressive physical specimen eh!).

Stud fee for Pour Moi confirmed

The recent announcement from Windsor Park Stud that exciting young sire Pour Moi will return to their Cambridge farm for the 2016 breeding season was enhanced with his New Zealand bred two-year-old son Sacred Elixir brilliantly winning the $600,000 Gr.1 J.J Atkins Stakes (1600m) at Eagle Farm last Saturday.

Sacred Elixir's performance did not go unnoticed by renowned studmaster Sir Patrick Hogan who commented:

"To me that two-year-old (Sacred Elixir) has quality stayer written all over him. With the remarkable season that Tavistock has had and now another son of Montjeu in Pour Moi producing such a smart individual, I believe both stallions have a major role to play in shaping our future staying progeny. "

Sacred Elixir is from the first Southern Hemisphere crop of his Gr.1 Epsom Derby winning sire Pour Moi, who now leads the First Season Sire's table in Australia.

Windsor Park has enjoyed great success standing Derby winning stallions like Pour Moi's sire Montjeu as well as High Chaparral, who was also an English Derby winner bred on the same Sadler's Wells/Darshaan cross as Pour Moi.

Pour Moi's yearlings sold to $360,000 at Karaka earlier this year and his 2016 service fee has been set at $17,500 plus GST.

end.

12 hours ago, Mattski said:

Sacred E's pedigree is quite similar to Tavago isn't it. Both are by sons of Montjeu, dams by Stravinsky, second dams by Zabeel.

How do we know whether its these pedigree "nicks" that work or whether its just a case of lots of quality in the pedigree (Montjeu, Darshaan, Stravinsky, Zabeel, Horlicks etc) + a good dose of luck ?? !!

(Plus he's clearly an impressive physical specimen eh!).

Mattski  

looking at the stats below when Zabeel was crossed with the highest quality mares available. eg those by Danehill, he produced 3 Group One winners from 129. 1 in 40   Look deeper and we can see one of those mares produced two of them so 1 from the other 128 .  Way below his own average of 1 in 30 odd.  

Centaine, another champion brood-mare sire ...no Group One winners from nearly 40 runners   

Yet when crossed with Vice Regal mares every 8th runner was a Group  One winner.  why was that ...?  that's exceptional.. sorry extraordinary,   imagine going to Karaka and in every 8th box was a Group One winner. People like David Ellis spend 4-5 million every year on the best looking specimens. If it was looks    What is his strike rate ?  nothing like 1 in 8 

If this was an AIR CRASH INVESTIGATION  we would all look at the Zabeel /Vice Regal stats ,   where there is smoke there is fire.  Not every one will agree, but in my analysis, if you are looking for Group One results, line breeding out performs all other avenues of pursuit at least five times.

Zabeel Vice Regal.jpg