RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Jon Trum

Ryan Bradley

50 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Thank you Mrs Bromley......:rolleyes:

So you think I am transgender then?

1 hour ago, kdt said:

It is Richard Bromley

Richard is on now and to me he is sounding professional, but what would I know I suppose?

I am with Nimue on this one. However, like him, I am not exactly sure who the offender is! Either Ryan or Richard...but their general knowledge is just woeful. They really let the side down and much to my chagrin, are not even smart enough to listen when the name or word they are struggling with and have just totally hashed, is pronounced correctly by the other commentator! They come on again afterwards and just continue on repeating it wrongly over and over again. They don't appear well-read and even quite simple stuff at times seems to have them guessing. They come across as keen punters but not very knowledgeable outside of the confines of the TAB. As others have said, they do have good voice for radio but I would have thought that a bit more general knowledge would be called for in their role. Perhaps they are just young and I'm too old, but I often hear them and wince at their ignorance. Not a good look for the industry - although to be fair, it is an issue that pops up at times in other areas of the media also, with younger presenters a bit lacking in their general knowledge..  Rant over. Cheers!

54 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Richard is on now and to me he is sounding professional, but what would I know I suppose?

Just drove down to supermarket and back with Trackside Radio on.  That's about 8 minutes of radio, and once you allow for race commentaries and ads, that's about 2 minutes of Richard Bromley.

In that two minutes I got "Riyadh" pronounced as "Ryder" despite the fact that the race had just finished and the commentator had called it correctly (Lloyd's point).  It's the capital of Saudi Arabia for goodness sake - most people know how to pronounce that. 

Also had Sarah Bonner pronounced as Sarah "Boner" - a freudian slip perhaps!?

and Ismail pronouned as "Iss-a-mail"

May sound professional to you, but ........

1 minute ago, N1MUE said:

Just drove down to supermarket and back with Trackside Radio on.  That's about 8 minutes of radio, and once you allow for race commentaries and ads, that's about 2 minutes of Richard Bromley.

In that two minutes I got "Riyadh" pronounced as "Ryder" despite the fact that the race had just finished and the commentator had called it correctly (Lloyd's point).  It's the capital of Saudi Arabia for goodness sake - most people know how to pronounce that. 

Also had Sarah Bonner pronounced as Sarah "Boner" - a freudian slip perhaps!?

and Ismail pronouned as "Iss-a-mail"

May sound professional to you, but ........

Fair enough then Nimue!

Richard Bromley is a very knowledgeable harness fan and I believe has a good voice for radio.

Dont often listen to trackside radio as I watch the screen or Watch and Bet.

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over pronunciation of the horses name I woild be more concerned if it didn't provide you with a collect!

1 minute ago, kakama said:

How did those at the supermarket perform....no complaints? 

None at all - they did the job they were employed to do, they had the competencies to do the job they were employed to do and they were very pleasant.  Also wouldn't be surprised if all of them had a more extensive vocabulary than the guy doing a job that requires a good vocabulary.

3 hours ago, N1MUE said:

None at all - they did the job they were employed to do, they had the competencies to do the job they were employed to do and they were very pleasant.  Also wouldn't be surprised if all of them had a more extensive vocabulary than the guy doing a job that requires a good vocabulary.

Think you are having us on abit or you have got a hearing problem!

Have never heard Richard mispronounce names when I have heard him, but then again obviously the TAB haven't got an issue.

Nothing personal at all,Nimue, but I believe there are a hell of a lot of other issues that need addressing before one or two on here think that the presenters have a vocabulary problem.

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

Nothing personal at all,Nimue, but I believe there are a hell of a lot of other issues that need addressing before one or two on here think that the presenters have a vocabulary problem.

Yep I hear you.  As i said earlier, it's not the end of the world, but all these little things speak to the professionalism and quality of the product that the TAB offer.

If they're looking to pitch it to an audience that doesn't care or can't tell the difference then that's fine, but if they want their product to have wider appeal then a little thing like this might make a difference.

Was quite amusing hearing Daryl Anderson butcher the pronunciation of Sacred Elixir on Saturday as well.

I mean, how hard is it? Not even a foreign language....

BTW the above mentioned horse could be anything next season. Even dear old Dufficy was onto it straight after the race. 1600 metres at Eagle Farm and he'll brain them.

Got to love Ryan's enthusiasm. He is off to the N.H. for a six week holiday with his wife Lauren. Taking in Royal  Ascot as part of his trip. Question is who will be the  Trackside Presenter whipping boy/girl in his absence?!