RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

2 hours ago, THE TORCH said:

For God's sake the guy is only human. The "baggers" on here have probably never had to waste in their life let alone say they can ride a racehorse. They have spent every weekend since their 18th birthday going to the pub 2 or 3 times a week and getting obliterated in one of those. They sleep in in the weekend and "travel" to them is driving through the back roads from the pub to home. They sit at their leaners bagging jockeys, trainers, horses, coaches, players, and refs and say they can do better.

CWJ probably doesnt have these luxuries. Instead he's up at God knows what time, riding work, sorting out rides, travelling from Gore to Ellerslie, wasting hard and following a pretty strict diet. I'd say this tiny brain fade isn't worth the mere mortals having a cry about. I mean the guy has probably achieved more in one race than most of his BAGGERS can only dream about. 

Pull ye heads in.

I found it when I was looking for something else and thought how ironic is that. It was tongue in cheek and and I never made any comment. Lighten up and get over it . :rolleyes:

If you want me to comment, we now have two incidents that have hit the headlines in the past few days that brings the industry into public disrepute which is a pity, especially after a couple of good stories on Seven Sharp recently and NO I don't condone ANYONE riding with any substance that could endanger that person nor anyone competing alongside them. Any one that does...well!!

Nor does that comment reflect on Chris' ultimate first class horsemanship ability and his excellent riding achievements.

Good post Ted, perfectly harmless.

I am with you, I don't condone anyone under the influence of anything out on the track. It's pox for punters and owners alike, & certainly is unacceptable for riders.

Maybe if you'd posted on how ironic it was Ted.. but you didn't....  you just posted it...  and don't we know how often statements made out of " so called context" can come back to haunt us.  Tactless perhaps better befits.

I wonder how things would look if we had breath testing outside all racing committee meetings,  all racing management personnel when they were driving into work in the mornings or away from work at night to their home, often nearby ....  it's a funny thing but as I know, given that it's an area of research in my department...   the two bottles of wine had the night before or the odd drink had before leaving work can sometimes come back to haunt in the right place and time given checkpoints... so I would say we are so quick to leap on the bandwagon to throw some under the bus... but as I say... over the years of knowing.... go but for the grace of timing go us :) 

It's not great, and should be judged as is, as against rules in place, but it needs to be kept in context.

Chestnut, in case you've not been out and about, you should note that RBT's are regular posted outside racecourse and othe venues. Many of the hardworking volunteer committee people you refer to have been tested and some undoubtedly charged. Random jockey testing is regular in Australia and many many jockeys have been stood down for having drugs or alcohol in their system. Damien Oliver the latest. Top apprentice in Qld is out for several months. I personally know of 3 race goers currently not driving due to being caught. I've been tested 4 times this year alone! (Fortunately drug/alcohol free). If CJW wants to engage in a little toke and risk getting marihuana psychosis sobeit. But he shouldn't be riding with it in his system. If you were flying from Auckland to London, would you be happy to have your Captain and co-pilot with drugs or alcohol in their system? I think not and that's the point being made here.

Ha ha Auckland to London

top rated route for pilots toking.

What about the Captains on these European barges we all seem to be so keen on boarding. 

I should be safe on my little old Sydney to Welly flight then? 

On 27/05/2016 at 8:07 PM, Irish said:

Without wishing to upset some of those who posted the above comments and bearing in mind I've had a bad three weeks  - during which time I had to send my loved Conor to God  - I am certainly not at my sparkling best.

However, we all blunder.  Every one of us.  Same as Chris supposedly has.  Blundered as badly has been portrayed here or a simple mistake is another story.

Maybe we should be a little kinder to each other instead of taking the opportunity to point the finger at someone.

If your comment is only going to achieve negativity and hurt perhaps it's better not to comment.

Far as I can see, Chris Johnson is one of the best in the business.  

He may be considered, by some of you, to be a flawed hero but does that make him a lesser person??

I think not.

Well said Irish  compasionate and understanding

That good news

5 minutes ago, rumpole said:

you are an asshole  he has not smoked dope for over 20 years

That good news Rumpole.then he wont have anything to answer to.I am glad about that because would hate to see this tarnish his outstanding career.His ability and work ethic have  never been in doubt but unfortunately he hasn't always exercised the best personal judgement.

On 27/05/2016 at 11:28 AM, Behind the 8 Ball said:

*PROVEN*    please link this??? 

ps. what ever happen 'to the  unwritten rule' that if you are posting something  critical of a named person that you have the balls to post your own name with it! I take it you are a gelding richie....

gelding right and a prick as well hides behind mummys apron strings

On 5/27/2016 at 11:28 AM, Behind the 8 Ball said:

*PROVEN*    please link this??? 

ps. what ever happen 'to the  unwritten rule' that if you are posting something  critical of a named person that you have the balls to post your own name with it! I take it you are a gelding richie....

Only just realised my monniker not at bottom of postings.Dunno how long it been gone for but know it had been there for at least 12 years and cant remember removing it.Maybe i did when someone unknown on here thought my father was me and started into him about how i think Purdons are great for the trotting game.Dad didnt know who it was but i think i know.So behind the 8 ball ,i will give out my name and you give us yours for calling me a gelding.lol.

For your records see below

Richard McGee

On 27/05/2016 at 9:27 PM, richie said:

A non negative means first test a positive but because of the pc brigade they not allowed to call it that till 2nd test back.

Generally speaking 2nd test is only a formality and done only because pc human rights people demand it.A Human resources person at large freezing works has told me that of 40 odd non negative tests ,all have come back positive.

It has been proven that within 24 hours of smoking pot it has the same effect as being 3 times over the alcohol limit.I am sure if somebody was 3 times over alcohol limit and attempting to ride there would be hell to pay.I have been critical of CWJ over quite a while about his lifestyle but wont comment again until 2nd test comes back,which i am sure his supporters will fuzzy up the findings anyway.

Not quite right Richie. which is why HR personnel cause so many problems for us Employment Law practitioners.  A non negative result means that the person testing the sample usually outside laboratory conditions is unable to say with any certainty whether the sample contains any drugs and a second sample is sent to a fully functioning laboratory normally in a hospital or direct to ESR.

On that basis Kilcoyne, as an employment law practitioner, do you think that screening test meets the criterion for stand-down under 657 (1) (b) that I posted earlier in this thread: "such sample or samples is or are found upon analysis to contain any controlled drug as defined in the Misuse of Drugs Act 1975 or other illicit substance and/or its metabolites, artifacts or isomers" ?

Seems a bit of a stretch to me, not that he's actually an employee.