RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

5 hours ago, Ragamuffin said:

Stinks when P 's gone out of the system in less than 24 hrs, what's worse 2 b influenced by?? I know which I'd choose.  Do the jocks, do trainers 2

I would agree there and sure if somebody returned a non negative to P they would be ostracised.

36 minutes ago, elbow said:

well thats the biggest load of rubbish iv seen in a long time!

I actually read that in a medical magazine at the Drs office supporting pending drug driving testing regulations that will hopefully come into effect early next year.

8 stubbies of beer for the average person will put you 3 times over the new alcohol limits.I would be sure after 8 stubbies most people would be happy but still rational.It was stated that research by the drug foundation shows that after smoking enough pot to give you the same  high your behaviour becomes irrational and senses are well and truly affected.

Although it did state that it effects evrybody differently,much the same as alcohol.

13 hours ago, richie said:

It has been proven that within 24 hours of smoking pot it has the same effect as being 3 times over the alcohol limit.I am sure if somebody was 3 times over alcohol limit and attempting to ride there would be hell to pay.I have been critical of CWJ over quite a while about his lifestyle but wont comment again until 2nd test comes back,which i am sure his supporters will fuzzy up the findings anyway.

*PROVEN*    please link this??? 

ps. what ever happen 'to the  unwritten rule' that if you are posting something  critical of a named person that you have the balls to post your own name with it! I take it you are a gelding richie....

3 hours ago, richie said:

I actually read that in a medical magazine at the Drs office supporting pending drug driving testing regulations that will hopefully come into effect early next year.

8 stubbies of beer for the average person will put you 3 times over the new alcohol limits.I would be sure after 8 stubbies most people would be happy but still rational.It was stated that research by the drug foundation shows that after smoking enough pot to give you the same  high your behaviour becomes irrational and senses are well and truly affected.

Although it did state that it effects evrybody differently,much the same as alcohol.

Thats ridiculous propaganda,  you shouldn't believe everything you read. Alcohol is far far worse than marijuana. 

55 minutes ago, awego said:

Thats ridiculous propaganda,  you shouldn't believe everything you read. Alcohol is far far worse than marijuana. 

Yes of course medical science doesnt know anything.How silly of me.

9 minutes ago, richie said:

Yes of course medical science doesnt know anything.How silly of me.

It'd be very unusual to see a genuine medical publication in a doctor's waiting room, and even more unusual to find a doctor allowing a patient to read a professional publication unless that Doctor knew you very well.

Could you maybe identify the magazine for credibilities sake, was it something like The Lancet ? or are we talking about what you'd typically find in a waiting room, something like Metro ( readership of 12 but commonly found laying about ).

Just asking, please don't attack me for asking, and I'm not disputing what you're claiming about maryjane v. alcohol, I just want to know where exactly you sourced your information.

16 minutes ago, Midget said:

It'd be very unusual to see a genuine medical publication in a doctor's waiting room, and even more unusual to find a doctor allowing a patient to read a professional publication unless that Doctor knew you very well.

Could you maybe identify the magazine for credibilities sake, was it something like The Lancet ? or are we talking about what you'd typically find in a waiting room, something like Metro ( readership of 12 but commonly found laying about ).

Just asking, please don't attack me for asking, and I'm not disputing what you're claiming about maryjane v. alcohol, I just want to know where exactly you sourced your information.

Got no idea just glanced at it and thought it interesting Noted that it was an article of interest that was wrItten by some woman Doctor.Had a picture and she looked quite pleasant that caught my eye straight away.What made me interested was that we had just had 2 give non negative (positives really) tests at work to cannabis,and we had done a course on the THC levels of cannabis and its effect.That was because we handle a lot of Hemp and it basically an instuction video just to let the ratbags know that the Cannabis we handle got no THC.

12 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Has CWJ been in trouble with the authorities for this alleged behaviour before?

There once was a few jockeys  at a party at our house one Queens birthday weekend after trots and their storys about CWJ were outstanding.but one of them is known for exaggeration so although great storys ,not sure what is fact or fiction.He surely has been colourful character to say least.  

35 minutes ago, richie said:

not sure what is fact or fiction..  

That is very obvious from the crap you have written in this thread.

It sounds like someone is angling to get millions of dollars of Government funding, and all they need to do is feed a large segment of society some rubbish and they all take it in hook, line and sinker, as it fits with in the misinformation in their head after decades of propaganda. Cannabis is legal in a number of US states, where you can buy it openly from dispensaries; issues like this were aired, but the evidence did not stack up, and life has continued on very normally in these places, except the local Government is now reaping in millions of dollars of revenue.

Evidence based scientific information that doctors use is published in scientific journals.

The Effect Of Cannabis Compared With Alcohol On Driving “Although cognitive studies suggest that cannabis use may lead to unsafe driving, experimental studies have suggested that it can have the opposite effect.” U.S. National Library of Medicine, 2009 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722956/

The incidence and role of drugs in fatally injured drivers “There was no indication that cannabis by itself was a cause of fatal crashes.” REFERENCE: Washington, DC: US Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Report No. DOT HS 808 065, K. Terhune. 1992. http://ntl.bts.gov/lib/26000/26600/26685/DOT_HS_808_065.pdf

Marijuana and actual driving performance “Drivers under the influence of marijuana retain insight in their performance and will compensate when they can, for example, by slowing down or increasing effort. As a consequence, THC’s adverse effects on driving performance appear relatively small.” REFERENCE: U.S. Department of Transportation study, 1993 http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/Misc/driving/s1p2.htm

Marijuana’s effects on actual driving performance “Evidence from the present and previous studies strongly suggests that alcohol encourages risky driving whereas THC encourages greater caution” REFERENCE: University of Adelaide study, 1995 http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/Misc/driving/s1p2.htm

Role of cannabis in motor vehicle crashes “There is no evidence that consumption of cannabis alone increases the risk of culpability for traffic crash fatalities or injuries for which hospitalization occurs, and may reduce those risks.. The more cautious behavior of subjects who have received marijuana decreases the impact of the drug on performance, whereas the opposite holds true for alcohol.” REFERENCE: Marijuana: On-Road and Driving-Simulator Studies; Epidemiologic Reviews 21: 222-232, A. Smiley. 1999. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10682259

“Both simulation and road trials generally find that driving behaviour shortly after consumption of larger doses of cannabis results in (i) a more cautious driving style; (ii) increased variability in lane position (and headway); and (iii) longer decision times. Whereas these results indicate a ‘change’ from normal conditions, they do not necessarily reflect ‘impairment’ in terms of performance effectiveness since few studies report increased accident risk.” REFERENCE: UK Department of Environment, Transport and the Regions (Road Safety Division). 2000. http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ /http:/://www.dft.gov.uk/.../cannabisanddrivingareviewoft4764...

Acute cannabis consumption and motor vehicle collision risk “There is no evidence that consumption of cannabis alone increases the risk of culpability for traffic crash fatalities or injuries for which hospitalization occurs, and may reduce those risks.” REFERENCE: British Medical Journal, 1999; M. Bates and T. Blakely

Also metabolized cannabis has no effect after less than 8 hours. A test may indicate positive, but the metabolized THC in the system is benign. The body and brain already naturally produce substances that are very similar in nature to metabolized cannabis, so the body does not recognize it as a foreign toxin like poison, so it takes up to 30 days for it to be excreted, and the metabolized substance is non psycho active. On the other hand, alcohol is actually poison, so the body is trying to remove it as fast as possible.  

Guest 2Admin2
1 hour ago, richie said:

Got no idea just glanced at it and thought it interesting Noted that it was an article of interest that was wrItten by some woman Doctor.Had a picture and she looked quite pleasant that caught my eye straight away.

Sounds like it was a Woman's Weekly.

Sounds like the defend CWJ fan club at any cost is in full swing today.

Forget him being a champion rider,great servant,champion bloke or best in the business ,there is in my opinion only one way to judge a man,and that is

Would I want him as a son in law or father of my grandkids.

25 minutes ago, SavetheShire said:

That is very obvious from the crap you have written in this thread.

It sounds like someone is angling to get millions of dollars of Government funding, and all they need to do is feed a large segment of society some rubbish and they all take it in hook, line and sinker, as it fits with in the misinformation in their head after decades of propaganda. Cannabis is legal in a number of US states, where you can buy it openly from dispensaries; issues like this were aired, but the evidence did not stack up, and life has continued on very normally in these places, except the local Government is now reaping in millions of dollars of revenue.

Evidence based scientific information that doctors use is published in scientific journals.

The Effect Of Cannabis Compared With Alcohol On Driving “Although cognitive studies suggest that cannabis use may lead to unsafe driving, experimental studies have suggested that it can have the opposite effect.” U.S. National Library of Medicine, 2009 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722956/

The incidence and role of drugs in fatally injured drivers “There was no indication that cannabis by itself was a cause of fatal crashes.” REFERENCE: Washington, DC: US Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Report No. DOT HS 808 065, K. Terhune. 1992. http://ntl.bts.gov/lib/26000/26600/26685/DOT_HS_808_065.pdf

Marijuana and actual driving performance “Drivers under the influence of marijuana retain insight in their performance and will compensate when they can, for example, by slowing down or increasing effort. As a consequence, THC’s adverse effects on driving performance appear relatively small.” REFERENCE: U.S. Department of Transportation study, 1993 http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/Misc/driving/s1p2.htm

Marijuana’s effects on actual driving performance “Evidence from the present and previous studies strongly suggests that alcohol encourages risky driving whereas THC encourages greater caution” REFERENCE: University of Adelaide study, 1995 http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/Misc/driving/s1p2.htm

Role of cannabis in motor vehicle crashes “There is no evidence that consumption of cannabis alone increases the risk of culpability for traffic crash fatalities or injuries for which hospitalization occurs, and may reduce those risks.. The more cautious behavior of subjects who have received marijuana decreases the impact of the drug on performance, whereas the opposite holds true for alcohol.” REFERENCE: Marijuana: On-Road and Driving-Simulator Studies; Epidemiologic Reviews 21: 222-232, A. Smiley. 1999. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10682259

“Both simulation and road trials generally find that driving behaviour shortly after consumption of larger doses of cannabis results in (i) a more cautious driving style; (ii) increased variability in lane position (and headway); and (iii) longer decision times. Whereas these results indicate a ‘change’ from normal conditions, they do not necessarily reflect ‘impairment’ in terms of performance effectiveness since few studies report increased accident risk.” REFERENCE: UK Department of Environment, Transport and the Regions (Road Safety Division). 2000. http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ /http:/://www.dft.gov.uk/.../cannabisanddrivingareviewoft4764...

Acute cannabis consumption and motor vehicle collision risk “There is no evidence that consumption of cannabis alone increases the risk of culpability for traffic crash fatalities or injuries for which hospitalization occurs, and may reduce those risks.” REFERENCE: British Medical Journal, 1999; M. Bates and T. Blakely

Also metabolized cannabis has no effect after less than 8 hours. A test may indicate positive, but the metabolized THC in the system is benign. The body and brain already naturally produce substances that are very similar in nature to metabolized cannabis, so the body does not recognize it as a foreign toxin like poison, so it takes up to 30 days for it to be excreted, and the metabolized substance is non psycho active. On the other hand, alcohol is actually poison, so the body is trying to remove it as fast as possible.  

Tell all that to a parent of a child killed in a car crash driven by a pothead.

For God's sake the guy is only human. The "baggers" on here have probably never had to waste in their life let alone say they can ride a racehorse. They have spent every weekend since their 18th birthday going to the pub 2 or 3 times a week and getting obliterated in one of those. They sleep in in the weekend and "travel" to them is driving through the back roads from the pub to home. They sit at their leaners bagging jockeys, trainers, horses, coaches, players, and refs and say they can do better.

CWJ probably doesnt have these luxuries. Instead he's up at God knows what time, riding work, sorting out rides, travelling from Gore to Ellerslie, wasting hard and following a pretty strict diet. I'd say this tiny brain fade isn't worth the mere mortals having a cry about. I mean the guy has probably achieved more in one race than most of his BAGGERS can only dream about. 

Pull ye heads in.

19 minutes ago, THE TORCH said:

They sit at their leaners bagging jockeys, trainers, horses, coaches, players, and refs and say they can do better.

I'd say this tiny brain fade isn't worth the mere mortals having a cry about.

Do you reckon its the first time he's done it?

I always thought "leaners" were for standing at?  Do you have to sit when you can't get your elbows up high enough to lean?

Just now, The Crucible said:

Do you reckon its the first time he's done it?

I always thought "leaners" were for standing at?  Do you have to sit when you can't get your elbows up high enough to lean?

Were my comments accurate with your life "Cruci"?