RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Screening drug tests are usually returned either negative or non-negative Ted with the latter then usually sent to the lab for confirmation of presence and levels of the substance. I'm curious that a non-negative finding actually meets the criteria for stand-down under 657 (1) (b) though.

47 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

A bit harsh Ritchie. Been a great servant to the game for decades and just like most people, not perfect

Newmarket ,not to malign him to much but everybody involved in any way with South Island racing know he always been a ratbag.Unfortunately he seems to have a very addictive personality and has had to cope with all sorts of problems because of this.Saying that it is a credit to his skills that he always manages to overcome these problems and come back into the game as very good rider.I would hate to think that this would be the end of his career as he deserves to go out on better terms than this.

Stop it Richie, this is at the minor end of the minor end of the scale.

He's clearly been a bit thirsty on the way to the trials and stopped for a drink from a local hemp farmers water trough, nothing to it, five minute hearing follows by a wet bus ticket then business as usual.

His blood type is said to be rum and coke anyway so this is hardly breaking news.

So because he is CWJ he is somehow exempt from backlash is he?

He was riding at the trials while under the influence of illegal drugs, everyone knows what can go wrong at the best of times, let alone while high and putting other people's lives at risk.

Just a bit of dope you might say, and yes it seems to be the staple diet of a lot of people in the racing industry, but he should be a role model to a lot of young jockeys, especially in the south, so I hope they don't just brush it off.

8 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

So because he is CWJ he is somehow exempt from backlash is he?

He was riding at the trials while under the influence of illegal drugs, everyone knows what can go wrong at the best of times, let alone while high and putting other people's lives at risk.

Just a bit of dope you might say, and yes it seems to be the staple diet of a lot of people in the racing industry, but he should be a role model to a lot of young jockeys, especially in the south, so I hope they don't just brush it off.

Clearly not exempt judging by the robust discussion on this thread WhoKnows. I am sure your sentiments will be brought up if/when he is before JCA. He is innocent at the moment because he is yet to be found guilty of the charges that presumably will be laid.Lets see what unfolds shall we.

midget u are exactly right given it stays in your system a very long time

- meth much worse goes out very quickly. he has been a great rider and still is- easy to point the  finger at a public figure-  most peoples private lives never get exposed in a public manner- slap on the hand enough I reckon.

Under new Health and safety laws a lot of businesses now do drug testing,including where i work.Under our policy a non-negative is automatic standdown until 2nd test confirmation.If that comes back positive 3 months standdown and then have to give a negative before allowed back to work.

If somebody has an accident at a business without a drug and alcohol policy and is investigated by OSH  a drug test is now mandatory.If found positive company fined as well as worker.However if you can prove that you have a policy with regular testing company wont be held with same sort of liability.Would imagine CWJ would have to give a negative test before can ride again as liability would be huge if he caused accident.

He could sit on backwards and still ride better than most of his opposition down there Tim.

Rumpers will defend him and I think the JCA ( who are taking a very sensible approach these days, ditto the RIU ) will see this for what it is.

Thank fook he didn't take a Barocca on the way to the races and test positive for cobalt.

51 minutes ago, Midget said:

Thank fook he didn't take a Barocca on the way to the races and test positive for cobalt.

Are they testing riders for cobalt these days? If so, I probably should leave the multivit till I get back from the track in the morning?

1 hour ago, richie said:

Under new Health and safety laws a lot of businesses now do drug testing,including where i work.Under our policy a non-negative is automatic standdown until 2nd test confirmation.If that comes back positive 3 months standdown and then have to give a negative before allowed back to work.

Maybe, but the requirement of the rule he has been stood down under in is "such sample or samples is or are found upon analysis to contain any controlled drug as defined in the Misuse of Drugs Act 1975 or other illicit substance and/or its metabolites, artifacts or isomers," I fail to see how a non-negative screen meets that standard. I think that needs testing and this might be the chance.

Come in Rumpole.

Without wishing to upset some of those who posted the above comments and bearing in mind I've had a bad three weeks  - during which time I had to send my loved Conor to God  - I am certainly not at my sparkling best.

However, we all blunder.  Every one of us.  Same as Chris supposedly has.  Blundered as badly has been portrayed here or a simple mistake is another story.

Maybe we should be a little kinder to each other instead of taking the opportunity to point the finger at someone.

If your comment is only going to achieve negativity and hurt perhaps it's better not to comment.

Far as I can see, Chris Johnson is one of the best in the business.  

He may be considered, by some of you, to be a flawed hero but does that make him a lesser person??

I think not.

3 hours ago, Leggy said:

Maybe, but the requirement of the rule he has been stood down under in is "such sample or samples is or are found upon analysis to contain any controlled drug as defined in the Misuse of Drugs Act 1975 or other illicit substance and/or its metabolites, artifacts or isomers," I fail to see how a non-negative screen meets that standard. I think that needs testing and this might be the chance.

Come in Rumpole.

A non negative means first test a positive but because of the pc brigade they not allowed to call it that till 2nd test back.

Generally speaking 2nd test is only a formality and done only because pc human rights people demand it.A Human resources person at large freezing works has told me that of 40 odd non negative tests ,all have come back positive.

It has been proven that within 24 hours of smoking pot it has the same effect as being 3 times over the alcohol limit.I am sure if somebody was 3 times over alcohol limit and attempting to ride there would be hell to pay.I have been critical of CWJ over quite a while about his lifestyle but wont comment again until 2nd test comes back,which i am sure his supporters will fuzzy up the findings anyway.