RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Boxing / racing

I believe that if Lonergan chases the streamers it will be a very bad look for Duco.

Not sure how he didn't know that this would happen, as most sports events around the world has live streaming going on Im sure.

It seems staggering that there were estimates of  100k people watching the streaming, you would wonder how they would know this.

Lonergans outrage has only made certain that any future events that he wants to charge $50 for is not going to be so well patronised by paying clients!

Dont think he should be allowed to call sports lovers scumbags either.

Not often I agree 100% with the shabby little tabloid but they've got it exactly right this time.

Users should always pay, that's what drives an economy or successful business and for anyone to suggest otherwise is at best ignorant, and at worst criminal.

Joseph Parker is an artist and freeloaders are stealing his art, from the intermediaries Duco and Sky.

There is no other way to see this, and if the fissiparous amongst you see it any other way you're no better than Kim Dotcom, because that's how he made his millions, thieving from artists.

BTW those of you who've bagged Lonergan couldn't be more wrong either, he's not "washed up", he's a very hard working, and now a highly successful entrepreneur, who should be admired not maligned.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/news/article.cfm?c_id=466&objectid=11643538

10 hours ago, chevy86 said:

If a washed-up leaguey like Lonergan thinks he is going to outsmart these millennials in the IT world then he needs a "concussion" test!

Another one?

Remember when he got knocked into a different galaxy in a head clash against the Kangaroos in 91. Just watched the clip again. Some big names in both sides. The game just carried on as if nothing had happened while Lonergan was out cold,arms outstretched like a victim of Pompeii and legs shaking like the Christchurch earthquake.

In this user pays society it's unfair to have some paying while others don't but it's well over the top calling those who watched it via Facebook as cowards.

Boxing is responsible for some of the biggest rorts in sport so it's a bit rich to point fingers at cowards who almost certainly wouldn't have paid to watch the fight anyway. Most of us have listened to music or watched movies that others have paid a premium to watch. Turn the page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-NQq611x8k

Hey some great advice on this thread .... summing it up - if I want something but don't want to pay for it because I think it's too expensive, or don't like the people who own it, or both - well it's ok to steal it.

Right today do I get the Ferrari or the Rolex, or perhaps just grab a seat and fly to Europe...:rolleyes:

Going by the article I read in Saturday's Dompost, Parker is not making much out of it. He lives with his parents and says that he has earned enough to repay the loans which his parents took out to allow him to travel to tournaments in his amateur days and he is now saving to buy a house of his own. So it appears that he is  earning stuff all.

if the boot was on the other foot would Lonergan be streaming?when hosking interviewed him regarding the warriors tramadol red bull saga lonergan was sitting on the fence,wonder why hosking didnt ask the obvious question wether or not he used any 'weird' (but not illegal of course)concoctions during his fleeting and below average league career(only my opiniin)Id suggest the obvious here (going by the previou txt) that lonergan is about as popular as the zika virus and maybe if it hsppened to a more 'likeable' character everyone would be on there side? 

2 hours ago, Gruff said:

if the boot was on the other foot would Lonergan be streaming?when hosking interviewed him regarding the warriors tramadol red bull saga lonergan was sitting on the fence,wonder why hosking didnt ask the obvious question wether or not he used any 'weird' (but not illegal of course)concoctions during his fleeting and below average league career(only my opiniin)Id suggest the obvious here (going by the previou txt) that lonergan is about as popular as the zika virus and maybe if it hsppened to a more 'likeable' character everyone would be on there side? 

Lonergan and Hosking together. Throw Auckland Mayor Len Brown into that mix along with Cameron Slater and you have four much loved and highly respected New Zealanders :) 

I would much rather pay $50 pay per view to watch those guys all in the ring together. Last man standing. The losers never allowed to be seen in public again. The winner gets a two year all expenses paid holiday to Syria.

5 hours ago, hesi said:

The streamers made no money, those watching the stream would not have paid the $50, so the fight just got wider coverage The legalities of it all are very unclear, how often did Eden Park send the owner's of the Scotchman's grandstand an invoice

There is a perception anyway that Lonergan takes too much cream off the top in the name of charity Wasn't there a controversy a while back about how little the supported charity received

What part of the legality is unclear ?? You had a choice of paying to watch it or not. seems simple to me.

The fact you may or may not like the party who is involved in the event is surely of no relevance??

I had to pay $1495plus Gst to show the fight at my Bar and we are licenced for 110 patrons and yet a bar that can hold 1000 patrons pay the same,so they got more than fair value out of my business and turnover was no different than any other Saturday Night,so will think hard about any other fights. 

17 minutes ago, Midget said:

I had to pay $1495plus Gst to show the fight at my Bar and we are licenced for 110 patrons and yet a bar that can hold 1000 patrons pay the same,so they got more than fair value out of my business and turnover was no different than any other Saturday Night,so will think hard about any other fights. 

That's because they were all at home sinking piss while watching Facebook Midget......;)