RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
von Smallhaussen

Sixties Sunday

The Blues Singers who toured Britain in The late 50s and early 60s had a huge influence on 60s music. Bands like The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Cream, The Who etc were heavily influenced by the likes of Muddy Waters, BB King and Howlin Wolf.

Which reminds me Ardi Savea certainly has that Muddy Waters look about him with his hair do and moustache.

Can't seem to put the clips on here otherwise I would.

Some others. Whiter Shade Of Pale also reminded me of White Room - Cream and  Nights In White Satin - Moody Blues

Sounds Of Silence - Simon and Garfunkle

Heard It Through The Grape Vine - Marvin Gaye

Respect - Aretha Franklin

I'm A Believer - Monkees  

If you're not too steady with the old highlighting you can also;

• Right click on the youtube video and a list of options will appear - click on - Copy Video URL,  with left side of mouse
  • In the Racecafe message box right click mouse and select paste
  • Voila the youtube video will appear.    

If you try right clicking the mouse on the video of Cream above you'll see what I mean about the list of options.

How about a seventys Sunday. Im all sixtied out, and weed is to expensive .

And Ted, I wanted Whiter Shade of Pale played when we got married, but it was poo pooed by a classless Aussie minister.

Still I will get my time ,because at my Funeral my eldest daughter is going to ask for a quiet time of reflection and deafen the poor buggers with Skelington off the Colosseum Live album. :P

1 hour ago, hesi said:

Now yah talkin Hesi, forget the middle of the road crap. Loved Neil Young.  Another great fav of mine was John Mayal and his blues breakers. The who's who of the British music industry played with him at various times. 

11 hours ago, hesi said:

Thought you would have also liked Wooden Ships and Stephen Stills laid back lead guitar.

I suppose I was more into British stuff,although Neil was obviously American and other yank music such as The Band (still have an Album at home), Allman Bros, Frank Zappa, some early black blues artists such as Shuggy Otis, and believe it or not Sha Na Na.. And my fav guitarist the Legendary Carlos Santana.

Other groups I still have albums of.

Lindisfarne ,  Mandrill , Yes , Grand Funk Railroad, the mandatory Abbey Road, Joe Cocker, ELP (emerson,lake and palmer) 3 albums, lots of early Jethro Tull( ian Anderson was a genius on a harmonica playing blues) and even better on a flute ,John Mayal , Colosseum, Cream, The Doors, even rock groups like Mountain,Uriah Heap, and Golden Earing.  Audience(pop art group from London), This of course borders late sixtys early seventys stuff.