RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
von Smallhaussen

Sixties Sunday

4 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Manuel Papodopolous owned Club Exotique and also the El Matador Restaurant at some stage. Portly chap with a big moustache.  Keen racing man also who enjoyed a punt. 

Thanks rdytdy, that's the guy I was trying to remember.

Enough nostalgia , I might start shedding a tear or two ^_^

Back to the music Von.

My favorite. Skelington off the Colosseum Live Album. As well as Lost Angeles off the same.

See if you can find it . No visuals as it was only sound recorded live at the University they were playing at.

Wasn't there a spate of firebombings of night clubs in Wellington in the era you are all talking about?

I recall (I think) that the Sunset Strip was one of the first targeted...and the surname that has been mentioned is very well known around the greater Wellington region for reasons that I will leave unstated.

Rose-tinted glasses indeed...

However, it's great to reminisce from the safety of the future.

All the best.

Ashoka

:):ph34r::)

On 6/3/2016 at 8:54 AM, globederby12 said:

Thanks rdytdy, that's the guy I was trying to remember.

Enough nostalgia , I might start shedding a tear or two ^_^

Back to the music Von.

My favorite. Skelington off the Colosseum Live Album. As well as Lost Angeles off the same.

See if you can find it . No visuals as it was only sound recorded live at the University they were playing at.

That's the ones , Legendary stuff. Still get goose bumps when I listen to them .Clem Clemson the guitarist was great,and the sax player Dick Hextal Smith played with some notable bands over the years.

Chris Farlow the singer had a single out called My poor old fashioned Baby. Got somewhere to the Top of the Pops. Great gravely voice.

Also love a PopArt group from London from that era called Audience. House on the Hill was the standout album. Very well crafted music from talented musicians and standout vocalilist  Howard Werth.  Have a listen. Werths rendition of Screaming Jay Hawkins "I put a spell on you" is the best you will ever hear.

Brilliant.

12 hours ago, Ashoka said:

globederby12...

That song was called "Out Of Time", a Rolling Stones song.

Farlowe's version was terrific...a great voice, indeed.

All the best.

Ashoka

Thnx Ashoka, my memory is shocking these days

globederby12...

There is, in all likelihood, nothing wrong with your memory. The latest research has, apparently, shown that our minds do, in fact, work like hard drives. Space has to be created for new memories, which is achieved by the deletion of old ones. My memory too, lets me down at times...times after which I remind myself that being so knowledgeable is its own curse. :):):). I am sure that you fall into the same category.

Thanks for reminding me about Mr Farlowe's version of this song. I have the Rolling Stones version but not his.

All the best.

Ashoka

Best album of the 60s surely had to be the Rolling Stone's "High Tide And Green Grass."

(I Can't get No) Satisfaction

The Last Time

As Tears Go By

Time Is On My Side

It's All Over Now

Tell Me

19th Nervous Breakdown

Heart Of Stone

Get Off My Cloud

Not Fade Away

Good Times Bad Times

Play With Fire

I still have my vinyl album that I purchased in 1966. :)