RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
von Smallhaussen

Sixties Sunday

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:18 PM, bloke said:

Vonnie I suspect that like myself you terrorised all the ugly girls of Wellington at The Sheridan Dance Hall?

Didn't you see me there?, mind you with the Vault and Vance Vivians selling red hot needle psycidelic clothes and long hair, it was hard to tell gender back then.!!!

The Downtown club where you went up a great flight of stairs to get there and went down again in a hurry if a bouncer got hold of you was great with Quincy Conserve playing.

Anyway didn't you guys do "ugly" nights,just for the hell of it. :)

7 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Didn't you see me there?, mind you with the Vault and Vance Vivians selling red hot needle psycidelic clothes and long hair, it was hard to tell gender back then.!!!

The Downtown club where you went up a great flight of stairs to get there and went down again in a hurry if a bouncer got hold of you was great with Quincy Conserve playing.

Anyway didn't you guys do "ugly" nights,just for the hell of it. :)

His Lordships was the place Globe....bought many a trendy item there, mostly in the dark......B)

16 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

His Lordships was the place Globe....bought many a trendy item there, mostly in the dark......B)

That's right His Lordships. Mate they were frightening looking things. It was dark I think so they could fondle  you while trying on the clothes in the cubicle.

Some very suspect characters in there .Did you ever get to Carmens coffee lounge at all. Boy that was a hoot,if one could stop laughing long enough.

Trevor would ponce in at times ,dressed up in a pink chiffon dress, size 14 high heels, and lipstick stuck on with a trowel.

Then when someone wailked in the door he/it would mosy on over and in a voice that sounded like it it came from the depth of the bowels. "Hello Boys".

Once again it was filled with some very dodgy people at times,not the place for a young nubile male.

Carmens :D one night when a couple of us blokes had had a few and were a bit bored, we decided to swap clothes with the girls and go to town. Well the sheilas sat in the car while we planted ourselves outside Carmens with makeup to the hilt ( hoping to hide the moustaches ) and in high pitched voices asked anyone walking past - " coffee boys?"

after a while Trevor came out and said " would you guys piss off you are bad for my business!"  or words to that effect;)

another night in town after seeing Quincy conserve I think at the Cricketers arms ? a group of us were walking along Vivian street after 10.00pm closing and walked past one of those seedy upstairs places ( club exotique i think ) and one of our group noticed that the main switchboard was downstairs but about 10 foot off the ground - no probs a lightweight climbed onto my shoulders and could just reach the main fuse and pulled it out!  you should of heard the commotion upstairs as we took off :o

ran around into Cuba st. and saw Mr Plod - gave him the fuse and said we found it on the footpath :D

5 hours ago, globederby12 said:

That's right His Lordships. Mate they were frightening looking things. It was dark I think so they could fondle  you while trying on the clothes in the cubicle.

Some very suspect characters in there .Did you ever get to Carmens coffee lounge at all. Boy that was a hoot,if one could stop laughing long enough.

Trevor would ponce in at times ,dressed up in a pink chiffon dress, size 14 high heels, and lipstick stuck on with a trowel.

Then when someone wailked in the door he/it would mosy on over and in a voice that sounded like it it came from the depth of the bowels. "Hello Boys".

Once again it was filled with some very dodgy people at times,not the place for a young nubile male.

They had some nice sorts there from memory Globe, and a young fella never turned down a " fitting with a fondle "

That inside leg measurement was pretty important you know.......;)

Good times, now you would get bottled, knifed or just randomly king hit. You could get away with murder back then.

Didnt some Greek guy called Papodopolous own that club Von . He opened a strip club near that to on the ground floor somewhere.He had a bookshop on the corner of Vivian and Cuba which was a front for his illegal dealings. 

Misspent youth all round by the sound of it.

Mind you it's never to late to have a happy childhood:D:D:D:D:D

10 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Good times, now you would get bottled, knifed or just randomly king hit. You could get away with murder back then.

Didnt some Greek guy called Papodopolous own that club Von . He opened a strip club near that to on the ground floor somewhere.He had a bookshop on the corner of Vivian and Cuba which was a front for his illegal dealings. 

Misspent youth all round by the sound of it.

Mind you it's never to late to have a happy childhood:D:D:D:D:D

Manuel Papodopolous owned Club Exotique and also the El Matador Restaurant at some stage. Portly chap with a big moustache.  Keen racing man also who enjoyed a punt.