RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Eagle Eye

North Island champs

;) I see they are raffling their sponsor of the race, My advice is the club needs to give a descent trophy and a ribbon at least as last year they gave a plastic trophy no ribbon or rug, the trophy had nothing written on it, it would have been a $15 trophy at most. Now I'm not being rude but up front that is not what any club should do for a Group2 race especially a North Island champs as this is a bad look for the sport, I hope they take more pride this year and who ever wins the sponsorship rights make sure the trophy says their name at least on it cheers WB

;) I see they are raffling their sponsor of the race, My advice is the club needs to give a descent trophy and a ribbon at least as last year they gave a plastic trophy no ribbon or rug, the trophy had nothing written on it, it would have been a $15 trophy at most. Now I'm not being rude but up front that is not what any club should do for a Group2 race especially a North Island champs as this is a bad look for the sport, I hope they take more pride this year and who ever wins the sponsorship rights make sure the trophy says their name at least on it cheers WB

3 minutes ago, it's a ballroom said:

Wife's dog won the Manawatu cup there last year , no trophy or rug just a ribbon. Surely if the winner doesn't get a cup it should just be called " The Manawatu " ? To those at Palmy it's all about the money , sod the owners . 

That's a shame that club was one of the Pinnicle clubs when I first was involved in greyhounds in the late 70s no cup for that race is just    Rediculous come on president do the right thing for the club for the sponsor for the owners the trainers and public as PR is extremely important

11 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

That's a shame that club was one of the Pinnicle clubs when I first was involved in greyhounds in the late 70s no cup for that race is just    Rediculous come on president do the right thing for the club for the sponsor for the owners the trainers and public as PR is extremely important

Is this the same club that destroyed the 766 mtr distance races?.

image.jpg:rolleyes: North Island champs Group2 trophy lol here's the proof, hope the sponsor makes sure the club doesn't present this rubbish without even an engraved plague stating what it represents, in my opinion is beyond a joke it's actually an insult to the Race, cheers WB