RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Bimbo

Steve Davis

Great to see the humour which Steve has introduced I mean you shouldn't take the Trackside tips too seriously.

I find that by the time I have paid the mortgage , insurances ( Health + Life + Severance , cars, pets,houses ) , memberships ( golf, gym, other clubs ), kids private school fee's , wife's memberships , Sky ( only way to view racing ), electricity, food , phone bills , internet , trainers bills , daughters horse , grazing , car running expenses, superannuation etc  I just don't have a lazy $500 to chuck at the TAB.

I always reckon Steve is good value all round, entertaining and is actually very knowledgeable as he does do some homework. Unlike a certain northern racing scribe who made himself a dill on Radio Trackside yesterday afternoon. :D I wonder if he has shown his face around the place today after the huge gaffe. :)

Would someone please send him the Racing Programme book so he is actually aware of race conditions. 

On 5/17/2016 at 3:02 PM, rdytdy said:

I always reckon Steve is good value all round, entertaining and is actually very knowledgeable as he does do some homework. Unlike a certain northern racing scribe who made himself a dill on Radio Trackside yesterday afternoon. :D I wonder if he has shown his face around the place today after the huge gaffe. :)

Would someone please send him the Racing Programme book so he is actually aware of race conditions. 

Listened to Trackside Radio to hear what Mike Dillon had to say in his slot following last weeks embarrassing balls up piece all about the Rotorua Cup being a set weight and penalty race hence the weights of the runners etc when it wasn't at SWP race at all.  :D

However Dillo was a no show this week. :(

Probably still getting a huge ribbing about it, so after one week must still be a bit too sensitive to front today. Come on Mike, it wasn't your first big cock up and it probably won't be your last. 

Apart from being a fine gentleman, Steve Davis "is" rated on both sides of the Tasman as being in the "top two" horse Auctioneer slots. As for his tips? I like someone who doesn't just follow the white line and tip $2 favs as their best bet. Steve's not frightened to go a bit wide with his tips.

He tipped out the R5 winner at Awapuni on Saturday too..it was his fourth pick in the race and paid $35.30 & $8.50 ..called CLUBS CHOICE

he gave it a 'push' while acknowledging it would be a big 'blowout'