RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Sarah Moody cops it now

Cripes, they must be sensitive souls if they regard that as "obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, discriminatory or hateful". The policy doesn't say anything about "offensive" as stated in the article. Or is this just Bartley at it again?

Bartley certainly seems to be anti Moody and it seems has a very good line of communication to Terry Bailey. I guess those two go hand in hand.

They might be better to spend their energy trying to find out who shot up Bailey's house that night when he was conveniently outside the back of the house with his wife and kids having a BBQ, in the cold and dark.

It's all a bit North Korea meets Stalin really and suppression of dissent will inevitably lead to some form of revolt don't you think ??

The trainers probably need to unite and flex their muscles to get rid of the cause of this problem, it'd only take one day of disruption surely.

Fair dinkum, you'd think they'd be so busy looking for important things with which to deal they'd be hard pressed to have time to read the tweets of innocent people.

Powers that think-they-be obviously have too much time on their hands.

Honestly, where does this insanity end??  

I

15 minutes ago, jess said:

At least the Australian officials took it seriously when it was discovered a prominent trainer was doping his horses ...

Which one are you referring to Jess?

To me this all fits the same pattern as per what is happening here. 

I am talking about the incompetence of a Chief Stipendiary Steward [John Oathan] and the debacle that took place at Te Rapa on Saturday 13 February 2016.

Has he ever been reprimanded?

Incidentally the results page on the NZTR Website still show the  track that day as a Dead 4.

For Gods sake, they can't even correct the official website after all these months when we all know that the track was never ever a Dead 4.

Liz

13 minutes ago, Cunnamulla said:

Why doesn't Sarah Moody just shut up and be thankful her husband got off so lightly. She should grow up and act her age rather than acting like a spoiled teenage brat on social media. Didn't she once also attack Danny O'Brien on social media? She has a history of it.

Really !!!!

Moody gave his horse multi vitamin injections, or a similar additive, there's no evidence to the contrary although there's a suggestion it might have happened too close to race day.

The prosecutions expert witness turned his evidence 180 degrees in favour of Moody, and the science from within the veterinary community supported Moody and the plausibility of his version of events 100%.

The mystery is not why Sarah Moody should or shouldn't shut up, it's why Moody doesn't hire Alan Galbraith and sue Bailey and those who prosecuted and penalized him for all they've got.

He'd win a libel case and massive damages in every court in the land, and just as a high profile licencee did in NZ he'd put and end to abuse of the system by ignorant and mischevious people who appear often to just happen to have septic agendas or to be orchestrating evidence to justify and substantiate their position of authority.

FYI cobalt is easy to trace in the PED form but untraceable in the VB12 form, and despite their best endeavours no one could find a link between Moody and cobalt salt. Nothing, zip, zero, there was no trail and no evidence to support the charges, and if you think he could have hidden cobalt salt administration using intravenous catheters, infusion sets, fluids, sedatives, consulting vets etc., all from prying eyes then you really need help because you're just another conspirator.

Think about it.

As for O'Brien and others, there was a clear and unequivocal trail of both money and the cobalt salt, with common denominators, so Sarah Moody may have been right about O'Brien ( not that I have a clue what she apparently said ).

2 hours ago, Cunnamulla said:

Why doesn't Sarah Moody just shut up and be thankful her husband got off so lightly. She should grow up and act her age rather than acting like a spoiled teenage brat on social media. Didn't she once also attack Danny O'Brien on social media? She has a history of it.

Why should she 'shut up and be thankful'??    

She is entitled to have her opinion, especially in light of the evidence, or lack thereof, in Peter's case.

I totally agree with Midget's post.

Have you thought, Cunnamulla, of the incredible stress and strain too which the Moody family have been subjected over the last months?

Thinking is sometimes a good idea.

So too, is having empathy for someone going through a bad time.

Being bloody judgmental is another good thing not to be.

7 minutes ago, kakama said:

I suggest all trainers find out what is actually in these products, then decide when, how and if they should be given to horses that are racing. 

No good when you fail a DRUG test saying , I dont know when, how or who gave that product to the horse!!

So the problem with these positives is not the cobalt salt, it's the VB12 form of cobalt.

The vets didn't know that VB12 gave such high levels of cobalt, nor did the laboratory analysts, or the controlling authorities.

Nor did they know the means of absorption and in fact those who make such judgements were adamant that absorption of excess levels of cobalt couldn't happen through the gut, and hence a positive couldn't be due to additives, but they were wrong as was proven and peer reviewed by various international vets and analysts during the Moody and Wexford events.

So now you're saying that whilst the vets didn't know how cobalt was absorbed, or in what form, and nor did the analysts, authorities, or the drug companies that make these products.....but you somehow think the trainers should have known ??

Exactly how much knowledge do you think the average trainer has ? and if withholding times or analytical information is not published how would you suggest trainers derive such information ? 

The problem with people like you is that you apparently know so little, and your way of thinking is so detached from reality, that it's not worth trying to help you understand horse welfare and management, so I'll keep my reply brief ...yawn...

The little bit of satire enjoyed by Mrs Moody surely doesn't warrant Baily issuing a Summons to appear? Has the racing world gone mad ? Donald Trump can seriously name call, Putin can deny Russian athletes are drugged, China can deny human rights abuses, All without a whimper of a summons. Yet here we have a Social Media satirical post being taken as offensive by Racing officials! Next thing you'll find that "Eyeracedninety" will be banned from racing !!! Madness! I hate to think what Baily and co have in store for Pete when he returns to training - on a smaller scale. He just might return to sunny Qld :)

6 hours ago, Irish said:

Why should she 'shut up and be thankful'??    

She is entitled to have her opinion, especially in light of the evidence, or lack thereof, in Peter's case.

I totally agree with Midget's post.

Have you thought, Cunnamulla, of the incredible stress and strain too which the Moody family have been subjected over the last months?

Thinking is sometimes a good idea.

So too, is having empathy for someone going through a bad time.

Being bloody judgmental is another good thing not to be.

Well said Irish could not have said it better

The data about cobalt levels has been published here on numerous occasions, clearly you cannot read or understand it so there's no point in bothering to produce it again.

The comments about deriving cobalt from feed rather sum your inability to understand the situation ( I have no idea what your table above is supposed to represent, did you feel it somehow supported your spurious argument ?)

Horses do produce their own "homegrown" VB12 in their hind gut, is that what you're confused about with feed additives ?

Moody argued his elevated levels may have come from a hoof additive, and a NZ vet proved that hypothesis was plausible using contaminated feed, the data was peer reviewed by an international expert and the detail was produced as undisputed evidence in the Wexford case.

Have you not read that evidence ?

I happen to be of the opinion that the Moody horse was given a multi vitamin injection with VB12 in it too close to race day, but a multivitamin injection is absolute light years away from a PED.

You'll find all multivitamin supplements containing VB12 ( yes Berocca is included as a VB12 containing product, and most people can relate to and understand how a Berocca works ) will be banned post the ICRAV conference this year to avoid ongoing confusion with free cobalt, but in the interim you just keep on talking through that hole in your south end because that's apparently what makes you feel good, and don't ever take a Berocca in case you start to glow in the dark.

I'm not arguing the science with you again because you're so far out of your depth I'm having to try to think like a 12 year old to get through to you, but I would urge you to print off the scientific evidence from both the Wexford and Moody hearings, and read it again and again until you understand it. It's all there. 

I'll conclude by saying that despite what you say I don't ever say how bright I am, but rather I say how thick some others are. There's quite some difference.

15 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Guys just debate please without the need for seeing who's are bigger... the topic is a good topic to debate there is no need to go personal..cheers.

And you'll no doubt want to put an end to the ignorant contributions of two or three posters who simply do not or will not bother to read and understand the science, because every time they post fallacies about cobalt and Moody ( or others ) they're libeling and maligning an innocent party.

Is that ok or do they have an obligation to understand the topic before they make a septic contribution ?

I'd have thought you might want to encourage some sense of honesty and accountability, or direct them to the O'Brien, Smith and Kavanagh cases if they want to allege the use of cobalt as a PED. They'd be on safe ground there IMO and their toxic discharges will meet no resistance.

1 hour ago, Midget said:

And you'll no doubt want to put an end to the ignorant contributions of two or three posters who simply do not or will not bother to read and understand the science, because every time they post fallacies about cobalt and Moody ( or others ) they're libeling and maligning an innocent party.

Is that ok or do they have an obligation to understand the topic before they make a septic contribution ?

I'd have thought you might want to encourage some sense of honesty and accountability, or direct them to the O'Brien, Smith and Kavanagh cases if they want to allege the use of cobalt as a PED. They'd be on safe ground there IMO and their toxic discharges will meet no resistance.

The sad thing is, because of what the JCA correctly described in the Wexford case as "the current wave of cobalt hysteria", the authorities have got way ahead of the science here. As a result, even the cases you mention Midget have a fair chance of being overturned on appeal. That's because in their rush to demonstrate what a great job they were doing to preserve the integrity of racing, they ignored the integrity of the science they were relying on. So, they have used labs for testing in those cases that were not accredited to test for cobalt and the analysis methodology itself is the subject of considerable scientific question. As you say, that has also led prosecution expert witnesses to completely flip flop on their testimony as the science emerged.

Fortunately, in NZ, the RIU and their veterinary advisors seem to have adopted a more commonsense and reasoned approach. For example, have a read of this kakama. Do you really think Walkinshaw should have been hung out to dry in the same way that Moody was?

http://jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-s-walkinshaw-decision-dated-26-april-2016-chair-prof-g-hall

Getting back to the head post, this Sarah Moody case has a similar reek to that of the Midget (Snr) case here. Let's use our maximum bullying power to shut down any dissent or critique. The right to express an opinion, least of all a satirical one, was surely clearly established in that case. WTF do they think they are doing over there? Setting themselves up to end with more egg on their faces than they likely will from the cobalt cases? Don't they have more important things to do, like maybe establish and report some findings from the shoot up at OK corral?

Because your question is irrelevant.

Firstly this science is a dynamic work in progress.

Secondly the 200 level was just an arbitrary starting point based on data (largely from Hong Kong I think) to give the global labs a level to test against.

The fact they've lowered it to 100 is just another example of how dynamic this is.

Where you seem to struggle in grasping this issue is understanding the two main forms of cobalt and how VB12 is ubiquitous and being water soluble is considered harmless and to have a very short half life.

It's fudging the testing and making the analysis murky, and you'll find that all those preparations containing VB12 will be banned soon, and there'll be out of competition testing to make sure they're not being used, then the cobalt salt ( or use thereof ) will be indisputable.

Now why don't you move on and focus on something you gave a grasp of or understand, if there's any such thing. 

Guest 2Admin2

Racing Victoria stewards raid Maher stables
Date
May 17, 2016 - 7:34PM

Patrick Bartley
Patrick Bartley
Racing writer for The Age

Racing Victoria stewards raided the Caulfield stables of Ciaron Maher after reports that suspended trainer Peter Moody had been in the trainer's area at trackwork and present at his former stables.

Maher has taken over part of Moody's stables when the Black Caviar trainer retired after being suspended for six months, with another six months suspended, for cobalt doping of horse Lidari.

But RVL had been contacted by some trainers claiming that he had been attending trackwork and purchasing yearlings.

Racing Victoria's Integrity Department said two stewards attended Maher's Caulfield stables and held a thorough examination of the barns and also monitored the feeding arrangements in place for the horses.

Last month, all of the stables, tack rooms and adjoining rooms were inspected with investigators confirming that the stables had changed in appearance since Moody vacated the stables and retired from racing.

On that day of the raid, Sarah Moody, wife of Peter, tweeted: "Stewards probed maher stables this morning looking for clues PGM still training there, not everyone lies & deceives, so pleased to be out!". Stewards then held interviews, firstly with stable staff of Maher's and then questioned at length employees who were formerly part of Moody's business.

Wade Hadley, one of the investigators, said the feeding arrangements and the look of the Maher stable were different.

Stewards then interviewed Maher who gave an assurance that he was the designated trainer and not Moody.

Some of the horses in Maher's new stable are part-owned by Moody's wife Sarah, who is a registered thoroughbred owner.

Registered owners are bound by the rules of racing and in this context Sarah Moody has been summoned by stewards to attend an inquiry into social media posts which might be perceived prejudicial to the image of racing.

Sarah Moody's tweets were aimed at Terry Bailey and made reference to Melbourne's gangland underbelly.

Moody, who Fairfax Media believes is not a registered owner, has become a paid ambassador for a corporate bookmaker.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horseracing/racing-victoria-stewards-raid-maher-stables-20160517-gox91t.html#ixzz48wsknGwG
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook