RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
bazach

Rider Horse NZ

They said that about Macau too, joke, horses life is despicable, Asia is more than SING/HK.......Korea is a disgrace, Malaysia also, you don't want your lovely weaners or yearlings to go there, or maybe you do......to each his own.

24 minutes ago, biff said:

They said that about Macau too, joke, horses life is despicable, Asia is more than SING/HK.......Korea is a disgrace, Malaysia also, you don't want your lovely weaners or yearlings to go there, or maybe you do......to each his own.

Have you ever even been to see their farm??? It is WORLD CLASS...so don't tar everything or everyone with the same brush...cheers.

Hi Scooby,

Where abouts is their farm in Mongolia? Have you been there? I presume that it's somewhere near Ullan Bator. If so how do they keep everything warm when it's minus 35 degrees week after week in Winter?

In an earlier post you suggested that Rider Horse would be a major player if China ever opened up. What makes you think that Mongolia will have instant access to China?

4 hours ago, Insider said:

Hi Scooby,

Where abouts is their farm in Mongolia? Have you been there? I presume that it's somewhere near Ullan Bator. If so how do they keep everything warm when it's minus 35 degrees week after week in Winter?

In an earlier post you suggested that Rider Horse would be a major player if China ever opened up. What makes you think that Mongolia will have instant access to China?

And how cold is it in Kentucky in the winter...Their farm is beautiful..worldclass!!... you are way off track you don't even know the the correct country!!!... stick to commenting on NZ or OZ racing you may be ok...You are just trying to poke at something you have no clue about.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

And how cold is it in Kentucky in the winter...Their farm is nowhere near Ulan bator not even the same country!!... you are way off track... stick to commenting on NZ or OZ racing you may be ok...You are just trying to poke at something you have no clue about.

Cheers.

C'mon Scooby I don't blame anyone being clueless about the development of horse racing in China simply because those NZ'rs  involved treat it as top secret.

How about sharing a bit of your knowledge. 

Ok it is a beautiful farm in Inner Mongolia.. and is not the best I have seen in China but right up there. it has a racetrack and a farm attached a riding club etc. Yes it does get cold there in the winter but so does Kentucky it is freezing too. China will be massive if it ever gets the green light and the farms will be better than anyone could imagine.

And for most of the big players in the industry in China money is no option.

Racing in Dubai only started in 1981 and look at it now, the Meydan racetrack and complex is absolutely incredible.  

The grandstand is the longest single structure in the world, over one mile in length and can hold 60,000 people.  It has a five star trackside hotel with 285 rooms, restaurants, racing museum, 72 corporate suites, two tracks and a 9 hole golf course.  

Once it was just sand and the racing world knew nothing about the place. Now it holds the world's richest race day with over $26 million in stake money.

So who knows, if China/Mongolia can get even part way to that it will be massive and there seems to be plenty of action recently coming out of the place with a view to establishing racing up there.   

8 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Racing in Dubai only started in 1981 and look at it now, the Meydan racetrack and complex is absolutely incredible.  

The grandstand is the longest single structure in the world, over one mile in length and can hold 60,000 people.  It has a five star trackside hotel with 285 rooms, restaurants, racing museum, 72 corporate suites, two tracks and a 9 hole golf course.  

Once it was just sand and the racing world knew nothing about the place. Now it holds the world's richest race day with over $26 million in stake money.

So who knows, if China/Mongolia can get even part way to that it will be massive and there seems to be plenty of action recently coming out of the place with a view to establishing racing up there.   

You miss a very important point Ted, Arab's and horses are simpatico, the animal evolved from the desert, I'd back Sheik Fahd Al Thani, Sheik Mohammed, Sheik Hamdan, Khalid Abdullah and of course the eminent Aga Khan over any Chinese you can throw at me any day of the week.......the treatment of horses in the UAE compared to those in China speaks for itself. You can spruik all you like about Inner Mongolia, your audience in agreement is those whose bottom line is the driving force.......

4 hours ago, puha said:

Would n't it be great if we could entice Chinese investors to build a new racecourse in NZ? 

Never gonna happen Puha, you have to have an attractive product to attract investors, here our domestic product is nearing extinction, no one will invest in racing, breeding yes, we have done that, however our racing investors have pulled out due to the decline.......

Rosie that's called economics, anything is only worth what someone is prepared to pay. If your cost of production is more than the market will pay then you are out of business.

The cost of production doesn't determine the value, the value is in the scarcity of the product and what it can do for someone else.

10 minutes ago, barryb said:

Rosie that's called economics, anything is only worth what someone is prepared to pay. If your cost of production is more than the market will pay then you are out of business.

The cost of production doesn't determine the value, the value is in the scarcity of the product and what it can do for someone else.

Thats why we the breeders are SELLING  overseas !

You need to be honest, without Rider Horse Club this sale would look very different indeed, you have put all your eggs in the Chinese basket, in 5 years as Chris say's there will be no racing here, the cartel will kill the golden goose, eventually, and we all know who the cartel is!

Dont get me wrong Barryb! 

If you have a foal that is super tidy and looks the part and by a proven Sire, you the breeder will go to the lengths of spending good hard earn cash to make sure the foal gets all the right feed and all the handling it requires, get the best farrier etc, The only reason I would ever consider selling below cost is if there was something not quite right with the foal conformation wise. Otherwise I as a breeder will not sell below what it has cost me.