RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Jon Trum

Jewels

Just watching some old Jewels replays and thought what a coup for Cambridge if they got the one the only T Lee back from KL to call the Jewels, keep it secret then unveil him like Lazarus!! 

'Now THAT'S Racing!!!' 

2 minutes ago, what a post said:

Talking about the jewels.  Why is it our leading stable has chosen to withdraw so many?   Correct me if I'm wrong,but they don't seem to have any in the top 20 for any of the 3 4yo races. (Apart from titan banner who was transferred to them recently)      

Mark Purdon made a statement that he found the Jewels a bit stale .THE IMFORMANT last friday

12 minutes ago, what a post said:

Don't get the informant. Fair enough.Must have also found the noel taylor mile and messenger the same.

Hard to guess i suppose but with his army he can attack anywhere .Further to what he said quote { For me the jewels have lost a bit of the gloss} and even suggesting a move to Alexandra Park no less

29 minutes ago, hizzy said:

Hard to guess i suppose but with his army he can attack anywhere .Further to what he said quote { For me the jewels have lost a bit of the gloss} and even suggesting a move to Alexandra Park no less

Have Faith In Me is his best four-year-old but he is aimed at the 2016 NZ Cup. Obviously, the horse needed a spell after his successful Australian campaign is to be ready for a Cup campaign. Mark Shirley also bypassed the Jewels with Costa Del Magnifico for the same reason. These horses not being there will cover others a chance to get a Jewels title.

Edited by Thejanitor
Spelling, over zealous spellchecker

Itz Bettor To Win is now in Australia, Alta Ronaldo is injured, The Manipulator has only just come back from injury and isn't qualified, Prince Fearless hasn't raced this year. The only other 4YO I can think of is Superfecta. and he hasn't raced for five months. Petite One has been retired, as has Fight For Glory. Wanna Play is now with Bruce Negus and Have Faith In Me is spelling. Hope this helps.

The main reason the Jewels have "lost a bit of gloss" for the Purdon stable, is that by that late stage of the season their star youngsters are all knackered from plundering every major 2 & 3yo race on both sides of the Tasman.

They can make as good, if not better money than whats on offer at the Jewels, thoughout the season. By the time the Jewels roll around, their good youngsters are either spelling, or have been gotten rid of to make way for the next seasons crop.

When he says The Jewels "have lost a bit of gloss", he really means that they don't fit into the stable game plan any more. That's great news for everybody else!