RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jess

Ongoing attacks force horse trainers out of business

What an absolute load off rubbish! The only coward in this story is Jonothan, who punched Alan Tait in the back of the head as he turned and walked away. Alan sustained facial injuries from hitting the gravel and concrete as he was knocked too the ground. The 3 boys witnessed this unprovoked, gutless attack and came to Alan's defence from these crazy people. 

22 minutes ago, Robert Best said:

They have been named why have they not been charged?

Maybe this is why Ormsby has gone, good riddance if this is true.

I wondered that also but maybe just coincidence.

Just now, hesi said:

The Facebook comments a while back probably didn't help Would you have a horse with a trainer calling people Haters 

Agree with you there, that was quite a foolish move, not a good advertisement for the business and probably good enough reason to be sent packing

Here's the interesting rub in this.

The paper article states that they had no idea who was behind the attacks since 2004 (12 years is a bloody long time to know nothing when its so repeated as claimed, or is it a case of not wanting to label who was responsible)

Is the alledged assult at the race course totally unrelated to the attacks at home? if so then he is an unlucky bastard who is wrong place wrong time fellow. Or is this just a case of we don't know what we don't know?

3 hours ago, dbtab said:

What about Harry kashim a few years ago got a bashing from a certain matamata jockey and had to leave the country

Harry was a respectful and harmless, devoutly religious kid from what I heard. I can't remember this incident but it is pretty sad if it's true and can't understand why he would have to leave the country or was it because he wanted to?

2 hours ago, Kylie Fawcett said:

What an absolute load off rubbish! The only coward in this story is Jonothan, who punched Alan Tait in the back of the head as he turned and walked away. Alan sustained facial injuries from hitting the gravel and concrete as he was knocked too the ground. The 3 boys witnessed this unprovoked, gutless attack and came to Alan's defence from these crazy

At least you brought it out into the open Kylie.

I am sure none of these are sqeaky clean . Including Jonothan. But this sort of behaviour from both sides needs monitoring as it seems it has gone on way to long, since 2004? a very long time to hold a grudge Kylie, don't you agree.

Funny thing Kylie , I have Taits Police statement . Can't find the part where he states that he was king hit and knocked to the ground  . I've got the other versions too Ormsbys and the RIU's . Retreived under the Official Information Act 1982 and the Privacy Act 1993 . I don't know what you were smoking but it must have been a good trip  . Perhaps you could all get together and GET YOUR STORIES STRAIGHT . 

3 minutes ago, integrity said:

Funny thing Kylie , I have Taits Police statement . Can't find the part where he states that he was king hit and knocked to the ground  . I've got the other versions too Ormsbys and the RIU's . Retreived under the Official Information Act 1982 and the Privacy Act 1993 . I don't know what you were smoking but it must have been a good trip  . Perhaps you could all get together and GET YOUR STORIES STRAIGHT . 

Its a great Act the Privacy Act 1993. Have used it myself to get information from the CH CH Greyhound Racing Club, and the NZGRA. If an organisation has information about you, you can request a copy of that information via the Privacy Act 1993. They must release any information they have concerning you. You do not need a lawyer to do this. You only need to write to the organisation requesting a copy of what they have concerning you quoting the Privacy Act 1993. All the best with your battle integrity.

Just a little further information . Neither of us saw Tait hit the ground or saw a mark on Tait as he worked his team of 5 horses . 11/8/15

Tait made his statement on 17/8/15 at 15.16hrs .  He lives about 3km from the Cop Shop .

Ormsby made his statement on 11/9/15 at 6.30pm .

I lodged my complaint on the 11/8/15 after a doctors appointment in Te Aroha .

No one at Matamata Police Station would take a statement from me  until 29th August 2015 .

It was even noted as unusual when I had to contact the initial officer by e-mail  that I was unable to make a statement .

It would appear that the crew were working on a counter claim and contingency plan . Damage control .

Tait probably got dumped off one of his half broken in breakers . 

Small teams are usually not a priority at Matamata and tend to get kicked  ( literally ) from pillar to post at Matamata with regards to tie up space . 

I'm sure Kylie can attest to that .

What lovely people we have in this racing game, horse harmers, bullies, liars, regardless of who is right or wrong truths or lies, this is a black mark on the racing fraternity, this behavior you would expect at a detention centre. I know that there is alot of nice people in the game, just a shame that this lot can't get on and be civil to each other.

21 minutes ago, Chris Wood said:

This is like Ripleys believe it or not! I know which way I am leaning!

Chris, It doesn't matter which way you are leaning, it is not a good look any which way one looks at it.

Just be thankful you are not in that neck of the "Woods"

Very difficult to know who to believe? This is indeed what great "Who done it "movies are made of. All this happening under our noses without it getting out before this is what is truly unbelievable. Needs looking further into before this looks like another RIU balls up! Doubt there will be any comment from them until next year though!

Chris  .That's the same response you gave us in 2004 when you were president of the NZ Trainers Association .

It made my decision very easy not to ever join again . 

This situation should have been nipped in the bud in 2004 but unfortunately there have been more people who didn't want to know and there were others working hard in the background to make sure that others did not know .

Sure is a black mark on racing .  

No one wants to live or put up with what we have had to endure .

We are pacifists by nature however there is an ignorant element who have an agenda to rock the boat or even capsize it .

Is it human nature to keep turning the cheek and become a doormat  ?

Walk a mile in another mans shoes and perhaps you will have some empathy.

To have 2 former Racecourse Inspectors undermining every attempt we made to get assistance when there were blatantly obvious irregularities explains the negative connotations and influence they both had over other peoples decision making .

At the same time these 2 racecourse Inspectors remained elusive until their respective retirements .

You bet I'm bitter and have a cold hatred for those who have transgressed us .

Treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself.

Harmony is the name of the game not destruction . 

They had trained at Te Aroha before they went to Matamata. My understanding is there was some incidents there and that is why the moved to Matamata originally. This time when they applied and declined they were given a reason.  It may not have been acceptable to them but it was done correctly.  There is always 2 sides to a story and sometimes due to    legal and privacy restrictions only one side will come out. It is sad what has happened to force Jonothan out of his lively hood and I feel sorry for him. I have known him for a long time and he just lives around the corner from us.