RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jess

Ongoing attacks force horse trainers out of business

From what has emerged in this thread, it certainly seems as though the wrong people have been put out of business here.

And on another thread we are wondering why racing has such a sullied public perception compared with other gambling media.

None of this inspires confidence in the industry - let alone respect. 

There will always be bad apples - in any outfit.  The integrity of that outfit is not  irreparably damaged by their emergence.  However when that outfit fails to thoroughly investigate their actions in a professional, impartial and transparent manner - or even turns a blind eye to their presence - then that is a completely different matter. 

Jess, to be fair you are making assumptions. 

If it relates to the incident that I think Gubes is referring to, then it has been dealt with at official level and the police were involved. If so, then Mr McRae is hardly an innocent party in what happened that morning either, rather the opposite. Matter closed I believe.

Also It has nothing to do with the original article that started this thread.     

Rdytdy - not sure what assumptions I've made - I asked whether Police were involved - you are the first to offer a response to that.  I also queried the injured person's cooperation.

As for the "story" which began this thread (and naturally the thread has "evolved" to cover the track incident as well) - are you asserting this has been adequately and appropriately dealt with as well?

There is a whole lot about the wider situation which is unexplained I believe ... 

5 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

If 3 were involved then others will know who they are.Time for them to be outed and taken to account.

Another example of the press and their no nothing,see nothing say nothing policy.

when you  see   the  people  the said 3 and others   who  they hang with,  the term well looked after comes into play 

8 hours ago, rdytdy said:

No.

Ted, you are obviously close to the action based purely on the fact that Te Aroha is in close proximity to where it's all happening. 

It seems that it has been happening over very long time so you must know more than your emphatic, NO!

Please tell us more as I find what is going on as a figment of someone's imagination based on the fact that no one has been arrested, charged, photographed or even sighted!!!

P.S. I have read yesterday's article and also the one from Investigate magazine!

6 minutes ago, Insider said:

Ted, you are obviously close to the action based purely on the fact that Te Aroha is in close proximity to where it's all happening. 

It seems that it has been happening over very long time so you must know more than your emphatic, NO!

Please tell us more as I find what is going on as a figment of someone's imagination based on the fact that no one has been arrested, charged, photographed or even sighted!!!

P.S. I have read yesterday's article and also the one from Investigate magazine!

Straight up it is an emphatic NO!

I have not heard a sound about any of what has been raised in the two articles. I have only read what you have, therefore I am of the same opinion as your third sentence. For something that has supposedly gone on for twelve years with no suspects or for anyone not seeing nor hearing anything, people or vehicles, animals etc it seems somewhat bizarre.       

Hedley and Ted, you are two of the people I most respect on Race a Cafe, so I am more confused than ever, now given your respective postings. 

However I will say this; If no one can put up anything concrete in the next two weeks, Police, Cafer or Uncle Tom Cobly then I propose to live or die by the third paragraph of my previous postin.

Now for the countdown!

8 hours ago, rdytdy said:

If so, then Mr McRae is hardly an innocent party in what happened that morning either, rather the opposite. 

Ted, if that was the case then surely the the troika so offended against will not be afraid to have their names released after so bravely defending themselves!

Notwithstanding the " racetrack incident", the whole saga does seem to re-define "weird".

Chevy, the matter as I said previously has been handled by the appropriate authorities and closed.  

The troika as you have put it did not start anything, instead rushing to the defence of someone small who had been king hit from behind and incapable of defending himself following a stall dispute. From that I will leave you to work out what happened. Names are irrelevant and unnecessary here.

As to what has been occurring re the articles, one would expect to hear some chat around the place about it but I have not heard anyone discuss or even mention it. With what has allegedly been happening I just find that odd indeed. I also find it strange that there has never been any follow up article by the Investigate team after their 2005 initial piece, especially since there has been ongoing incidents stated as being in the hundreds in the latest article. I cannot recall reading anything about in the local press either.   

11 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

The troika as you have put it did not start anything, instead rushing to the defence of someone small who had been king hit from behind and incapable of defending himself following a stall dispute. From that I will leave you to work out what happened. Names are irrelevant and unnecessary here.

All good, no need for names as you say but rumours about culpability flourish if the circumstances of the actual event are not forthcoming. (as is the case with those idiot Warriors trying to deflect the truth).

Thats the rumour which has been circulated by the arse covering Matamata Racing Club , Alan Tait Chad Ormsby , Nick Fairweather and Ernie Rika . Swollowed hook line and sinker by Dennis Ryan , Graeme Styles and the club lawyer Peter Hall who was intent on manipulating the complaint  and releiving the  Police of the investigation .

Information gained through OIA and Privacy Act requests . Tait , Ormsby & the Matamata RC all had different and untrue versions of the incident ( 3 versions ) ,

The other 2 involved in the assault were not even interviewed by the Police . The RIU were not interested in the facts neither were the Police  . What could be described as a bullshit cover up of a " claytons investigation  .

There was no king hit on anyone .

I heard that rumour myself . The so called innocent pratts were responsible for continual wind ups which involved my allocated stalls continually being occupied by Tait and Ormsby who had thier own allocations .

On the morning in question Tait had yet again occupied my stalls and as well as his stalls , leaving no room for my last horse .

Tait refused to move his horse and instructed me to put my horse in my gear room as he continually stated that was my only allocated stall .

I placed my horse in between taits other horses on the opposite side to my allocated stalls .

My horse had to go in one of taits stalls which had gear , a bucket and broom in it followed by Tait who was taunting and provoking the situation .

Tait was approx 7 feet away " facing me " and I lashed out once only with an air shot .

We went our separate ways . Dispute over .

Ormsby ,Fairweather and Rika came from the other end of the tie ups whereby I was grabbed by 2 as Ormsby delivered multiple punches to my face .

I was then taken face down in the gravel base whereby I received multiple kicks to the head , body and was stomped on .

Graeme Styles ( course manager ) had the previous day told the pair that they had their own stall allocations which obviously pissed them off to the point of " get even " .

Styles went back on his word the next day and swallowed the bullshit which flowed from the culprits mouths as did Ryan .

Nothing like a gang up .

I did not return to Matamata with their double standards and protection for " the boys " .

Applied to train at Te Aroha  and was declined without reason .

Ted if you are going to shoot your mouth off , at least get the facts straight .

Too much manufactured press releases in racing.

Letter to Mike Godber . No reply either .

Dear Mike ,
                   We have found the responses to the issues which we have raised to be unsatisfactory. 

The statement which we made with regards to " situation which has been  in existance for 12 years " and had not been dealt with in a fair and just manner is correct .

NZTR Racecourse Inspectors  John and Bryan McKenzie were compliant with corrupt practices and had an agenda and that was to interfere and dissuade prospective persons with whom we had approached to investigate the many abnormalities and dynamics of our situation  .

Not only did they interfere with  but also  provided false information and  lies of their involvement .

They did this under the guise of NZTR Investigators .

Our characters were  widely slandered and defamed by both McKenzies in their attempt to conceal  the criminal activity of which were were subjected .

John McKenzie interfered with and successfully blocked an Investigation by MAF Criminal Investigations . The investigation was requested by ourselves .

The Police were in contact with J McKenzie. His false statements were noted as was  the false statement of another racing industry employee.

Bryan McKenzie recited false information of ourselves to another investigative source and refused to be recorded during the interview . We received written information pertaining to that interview following a Privacy Act Request .

We have evidence of their dubious actions and their veracity has to be highly questionable . ( OIA & PRIVACY ACT REQUESTS  )

Investigator Rod Carmichael's explanation of the " Police Consent Of Disclosure " form which allowed the NZ Greyhound Association access to my ( J McRae 's ) Police file was and still is unacceptable .

The signed consent of disclosure  form also allows D Pike's information to be accessed  simultaneously  should anybody be researching J McRae's information held on Police File .

NB : some information which is held on Police File is FABRICATED and  FALSE Information which is vrey damaging to myself (J McRae & Dayle Pike ) .
To date the Police have held a typically ignorant attitude towards our request for correction under Principle 7 of the Privacy Act .
This matter is not closed and is being addressed by the Privacy Commission followed by the Office of the NZ Ombudsman .

For a suggestion that a large organisation in the NZ Thoroughbred Industry to have run out of forms as Carmichael suggested is not only ludicrous but implausible . 

It was a cover story for the deceipt which had been exposed .

Carmichael's advice to us ( with a witness present ) was to get out ( meaning the property ) before we lost everything .

J McKenzie advised us to take our complaint to the Morrinsville Police to the then Officer in Charge Sgt Allan Cantley .

Our investigations revealed that Cantley was McKenzie's subordinate when McKenzie was in the NZ Police .

Needless to say that the Police were always dismissive of everything . 

The Police Investigation was more a thorough cover up rather than a legitimate investigation  . Everything was nothing or it was connected ????

Examples : a live rooster with 2 mtrs of baling twine threaded through its throat didn't trigger a response 

The horse truck hand brake was completely disconnected and observed  on it's second  drive  following a COF at a Government Testing Station .

A Te Aroha Veterinarian collected and disposed of horse manure samples which had contained lumps of blue talon rat bait then lied about their whereabouts and even the existence of talon in the manure sample .

In contradiction he treated the horses with vitamin K antidote .

The Waikato Hospital wristband of Dayle Pike's dead mother which was dropped on our back doorstep 1 year after she had died and a further 3 yrs after she had been hospitalised in Waikato Hospital ( We live approx 50km from Waikato Hospital )

Our horse truck box interior had been vandalised at Matamata Racecourse  as well as the side mirror on the drivers side being all but snapped off .

At our gear room at the Matamata  Racecourse  ( which was adjacent to Moroney/ Ormsby stables tie ups  and opposite A Tait ) had gear cut and damaged including new head collars sliced at stitching , girth sleeves cut and a heart rate meter electrode cable cut twice )

G Styles informed us that nobody at Matamata Racecourse  would be responsible . 

NB :    Chad Ormsby , Nick Fairweather , Ernie Rika and  Alan  Tait  provided their character assessments at a later date .

In conjunction with that we had to endure multiple artificially induced injuries to horses , pets and poultry as well as property damage . ( security camera and night vision included )

From mid 2004 - late 2005 the Police had failed to implicate and frame us as to being the cause of the complaints of which we had lodged .

In mid 2006 the NZ Police made a 2nd unsuccessful attempt to frame us for an incident which had been reported by a neighbouring farm .

An incident of which we were both oblivious and only found out by way of OIA request to the Police several years later and found out  that we were the " number 1  " suspects .

Matamata  Racing  Club ( MRC) have knowingly and surruptitiously   involved themselves in the manipulation of an assault charge which was lodged to the Matamata Police by myself .

The MRC  based their collusion with the Matamata Police  on false evidence and lies from a fictitious counter claim which was made by Trainer Chad Ormsby , Nick Fairweather  , Ernie Rika & trainer  Alan Tait  to MRC Course Manager  Graeme  Styles  .

Graeme Styles cleared the crime scence where the vicious 3 on to 1 assault had occurred and failed to involve the Police at the crime scene ,

Styles not only wished to cover up the assault but to have an in house biased hearing instead at the MRC .. Styles did not wish to see a Public Hearing commence in a Court of Law where the litany of lies would be easily seen through and the perpetrators would have received their punishment .

Graeme Styles wished to frame myself  ( J McRae ) for the incident .

Styles colluded with the 4 named above in order to absolve them of any wrong doing by way of a fictitious recital of the incident as a means of justification for what amounted as an attempt to cause grevious bodily harm to myself .

The reason why the Police received my complaint was for a legal  judgement which was independent from the  New Zealand Racing Industry  as there would have been impeding ramifications in terms of " double jeopardy " as outined in the New Zealand Bill of Rights if the Racing Authorities were requested by myself to address  the incident as well as the NZ Police .

The involvement of the RIU and Matamata  Racing Club  has further highlighted the manipulations and false evidence which was supplied to the Matamata Police  in order to avoid justice so that the desired outcome could be procured .

The " investigation " was corrupt as were the parties involved in reaching their resolution . This includes the NZ Police , the Racing Integrity Unit , and the Matamata Racing Club Board members who were involved .

New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing has previously  demonstrated that laws are mandatory for some and permissive for others .

Past and present NZTR personnel have been non compliant with Privacy Act requests ie : J W McKenzie  , P Bittar  CEO  ,  G Purcell  CEO   & Campbell Moncur ( who once wrote that NZTR was not obliged to comply with the Privacy Act or the Official Information Act )

G Purcells reply had to be retrieved  by the the NZ Privacy Commission some 9 months after it was first sent .

A Fenwick CEO refused to communicate at all .

Surruptitious manipulations have always been evident where we have been concerned and credibility has been lost by   the above named entities .

Following the advice of RIU Investigator Bryan Oliver  to The Te Aroha Jockey Club to decline my training application and Dayle Pike's track rider's permit  WITHOUT a reason , we had no option but to disperse with or retire our racehorses and forego our livelihood having just paid NZTR fees for a     " Class A"  Trainers license and a track riders license for the 2015 - 2016 racing season .

Having both been involved in the NZ Racing Industry for the past 35 years which has involved the purchase and the development of a purposefully set up property for the training of racehorses we were unfairly forced out of business because of the false information which had been circulated within the NZ Racing and wider thoroughbred Industry .

It was a calculated decision by Bryan Oliver and the TAJC committee members to disallow the continuation of our horse training business by declining the training application .

The intention was to extinguish our involvement in the thoroughbred industry . 

Their actions were continuation of the negative actions against us which were implimented by former NZTR RACECOURSE Inspectors John and Bryan McKenzie. 

The ramifications  are self evident  .

There has been  a totally unfounded invariable reference made by others of us that we are conspiracy theorists .

It is clearly apparent that we are not .

Discrimination and bias is rampant within the thoroughbred industry of  New Zealand .

This situation will be persued through the official channels of the NZ Privacy Commission , the Office of the NZ Ombudsman And the Human Rights Commission to it's conclusion .

Yours sincerely

Jonathan McRae